Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:58:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: storage in btc or fiat?  (Read 944 times)
Ruzka

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:36:30 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2016, 12:47:59 AM by Ruzka

Whatever I put into bitcoin stays in bitcoin.
I mean I have invested what i can afford to lose so I have no reason to put money into fiat in case bitcoin drops.
There was a big reason for the drop you mentioned and I doubt that will happen again anytime soon at least to that extent.
The only time I would sell bitcoin is in the hope I can buy more for cheaper not because of the illusion of safety in fiat.
Only invest what you can lose and forget the rest or it gets annoying.

23dzmaz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 01:22:23 AM

Since we all know that the price of the BTC is going up and down and we can't clearly know what's going to happen in the next month, few months, a year... Would it be "better" maybe to keep 51% of your btc in fiat? or some other proportion IF the bitcoin price somehow crashes like it did when it came from 1k to about 200$ so if that does happen you can still cover the "loss" of your btc in fiat and if the price goes up you can still convert that % of the gained btc to fiat, so you always have a backup in some dark case. Thoughts?

I agree with you that we have some in bitcoin and some in fiat. some in fiat for backup when something happened or emergency. and storage in bitcoin, i think it's fine. like today the price of bitcoin is increase.
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 02:59:58 AM

Gramps used to always tell me that you don't put all of your eggs in one basket.  Grin

asSoqui

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 06:05:11 AM

Gramps used to always tell me that you don't put all of your eggs in one basket.  Grin

Totally agree with this one. I always play with multiple cards.

Cheers  Grin
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 06:38:50 AM

i prefer storage or invest my money in bitcoin than in fiat, however it's risky but it's prety much high return but if you have a lot of money, i think the best way to storage them is invest in property but you must remember  never put yourself in a position where you are forced to sell.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 07:31:08 AM

Since we all know that the price of the BTC is going up and down and we can't clearly know what's going to happen in the next month, few months, a year... Would it be "better" maybe to keep 51% of your btc in fiat? or some other proportion IF the bitcoin price somehow crashes like it did when it came from 1k to about 200$ so if that does happen you can still cover the "loss" of your btc in fiat and if the price goes up you can still convert that % of the gained btc to fiat, so you always have a backup in some dark case. Thoughts?

you can't just set fixed numbers like this.
if you want to invest in bitcoin for long term then you should but whatever amount you can afford to risk and don't think about small daily changes.
but if you want to trade bitcoin daily then you should do it completely not half ass. which means buy all and sell all your investment in appropriate times to take the biggest profit.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: