Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:10:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sales of accounts and invites to invite-only sites  (Read 13499 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042

👻

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 04:52:47 AM

I don't have to prove you are financially vested.  I did however observe that your actions are irrational and indicate that you are clueless, trolling, or vested (financially or for person gain) in the outcome of this topic.  The people I have brought to light in this topic and in the previous topic are engaged in illegal sales. The claims aren't baseless.  Sellers here are engaged in illegal secondary sales of unauthorized access codes and credentials which they gained through provisional access to database services.  You seem to want to ignore that.   Your actions indicate that you would prefer I go away because you want these sales to continue.

Yes, you have to provide proof of such accusations. A treaty isn't law, so get lost. Even the treaty doesn't say it's illegal.

You're involved in illegal activities, you did acknowledge that you're involved in NZB sites. NZB sites are illegal, since they contain links to illegal software or media files.

Example: http://www.binsearch.net/?server=0&max=250&g=alt.binaries.music&a=Shep%40shep.nl+(Shep)

As stated before I am unaffiliated with nzb sites. The treaty does indicate that unauthorized transfers of credentials or access codes are in fact illegal without explicit permission of the site owner or institution that granted provisional access for those credentials. That proof was given here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134779.msg1435482#msg1435482

Nice trick there with the database query, but anyone with half a brain and knowledge of database administration is not going to believe you. Now you have openly engaged in defamation (libel) in an attempt to discredit me by falsifying information.  Your true colors are revealed now. You are not going to fool anyone with your schemes. If you attempt to escalate and make a post to newsgroups it will reflect that your post occurred at this time and date and will be reflected as fraud. Your post is being reported to a moderator.

Anyone can try this gimmick

Example: http://www.binsearch.net/?server=0&max=250&g=alt.binaries.music&a=vampire%40vampire.nl+(Vampire)

two questions:

1) Are you a lawyer?
2) Are you being compensated in any tangible way for your activities on Bitcointalk.org?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shep

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 03:00:53 PM

Admin and staff were first approached December 21, 2012 regarding the topic of illegal sales of hacked/compromised accounts and illegal secondary sales of unauthorized transfers of accounts based on provisional access to database services.  Over the past 18 days individual staff have been approached top to bottom including developers.  Nobody wants to challenge Theymos on this issue which he would prefer to ignore, nor does anyone want to clean up this mess before it spirals out of control and harms the reputation of the currency and this forum. I've provided enough evidence publicly and privately to indicate an issue persists. I'm not going to stick around and continue to defend the best interests of the currency or the forum in this thread if none of the staff or development team want any real change to occur. It's pointless to do so. I'm also not going to stick around while mods ignore continued defamation. I only hope that enemies of the currency don't use this unresolved issue as ammunition, I would be deeply saddened if that happened.

I'm done with this thread.
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 04:44:51 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2013, 05:06:14 PM by vampire

Admin and staff were first approached December 21, 2012 regarding the topic of illegal sales of hacked/compromised accounts and illegal secondary sales of unauthorized transfers of accounts based on provisional access to database services.  Over the past 18 days individual staff have been approached top to bottom including developers.  Nobody wants to challenge Theymos on this issue which he would prefer to ignore, nor does anyone want to clean up this mess before it spirals out of control and harms the reputation of the currency and this forum. I've provided enough evidence publicly and privately to indicate an issue persists. I'm not going to stick around and continue to defend the best interests of the currency or the forum in this thread if none of the staff or development team want any real change to occur. It's pointless to do so. I'm also not going to stick around while mods ignore continued defamation. I only hope that enemies of the currency don't use this unresolved issue as ammunition, I would be deeply saddened if that happened.

Shep, you're a liar. As of right now in USA breaking TOS isn't illegal.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, in limiting reach of the CFAA, said that violations of employee contract agreements and websites’ terms of service were better left to civil lawsuits.

This was a harassment by a operator (or a closely related person) of one of these illegal websites.

Which also makes TN banking of sharing netflix illegal questionable now.
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:27:16 PM

Admin and staff were first approached December 21, 2012 regarding the topic of illegal sales of hacked/compromised accounts and illegal secondary sales of unauthorized transfers of accounts based on provisional access to database services.  Over the past 18 days individual staff have been approached top to bottom including developers.  Nobody wants to challenge Theymos on this issue which he would prefer to ignore, nor does anyone want to clean up this mess before it spirals out of control and harms the reputation of the currency and this forum. I've provided enough evidence publicly and privately to indicate an issue persists. I'm not going to stick around and continue to defend the best interests of the currency or the forum in this thread if none of the staff or development team want any real change to occur. It's pointless to do so. I'm also not going to stick around while mods ignore continued defamation. I only hope that enemies of the currency don't use this unresolved issue as ammunition, I would be deeply saddened if that happened.

Lol you cant judge a currency based off what its spent on, that's like saying you wont ever use the $1 USD because most of them have been inside strippers thongs and tits (which I'm sure some have STD's), used to snort cocaine, and various pills.
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 11:05:43 PM

Lol you cant judge a currency based off what its spent on, that's like saying you wont ever use the $1 USD because most of them have been inside strippers thongs and tits (which I'm sure some have STD's), used to snort cocaine, and various pills.

It's not that you can't judge a currency based off what it's spent on, but that you shouldn't. The problem is that people will do just that when they're looking for any reason to try and take Bitcoin out before it grows bigger. It could also scare off any new users who don't want to get mixed up in anything that seems shady.

It's already an uphill battle, so why make it harder?
nebulus

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

... it only gets better...

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 12:50:06 AM

What's worse than a troll is a vampire....

da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 09:46:32 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2013, 09:58:10 AM by da2ce7

signing a treaty doesn't mean shit, until it is enacted into local law.

edit: I'm not a lawyer, so what I say means shit also.

One off NP-Hard.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: