Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:08:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bet on Canada's Cannabis Legalization 2016  (Read 1160 times)
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 10:25:26 PM

Well,never knew you can create your own custom bets .I will give you head up for showing me how to do that.Too sad to see not much bets on the concept as only one has bet against it for 0.005.I'd say the legalization will not be supported in all the states of Canada,since Canada just inherits their laws from the US,we can expect what the outcome of the preposition could be.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-XXIII- (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 11:12:46 PM

I'd say the legalization will not be supported in all the states of Canada,since Canada just inherits their laws from the US
I gotta say, this is a pretty ignorant statement.

1. Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories, not a single state.
2. Canada has it's own very separate laws and constitutions; albeit some may be influenced by the US, we do not simply 'inherit' their laws.
3. Federal regulation is country-wide, provinces have limited power when it comes to writing provincial laws:
http://www.thecanadaguide.com/legal-system

"Though Canada’s 10 provincial governments have the power to pass laws of their own, these are not allowed to regulate criminal matters and focus largely on the administration of public services such as education, health care, natural resources, transportation and energy or the general regulation of labour and industries."

So, if Canada legalizes weed, it'll be 'A Mari Usque Ad Mare'
Zeke2345

Activity: 98

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:52:59 PM

Find it interesting that London Drugs and Shoppers Drug Mart have been jockeying for position for over 5 years to have it sold through their pharmacies. Think its going to be strange seeing pot heads lined up with methadone users and cold/flu sufferers.
They interviewed a guy on the news that claimed to have a disability and uses pot to relieve the pain.
All fine and good till he mentions it costing him $500 a month in hydro to grow his own and it being much cheaper.
How much pot is this guy smoking and how can he afford it on disability pension! Might be overthinking it,he could still be working but that was my first thoughts.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:07:22 PM

Find it interesting that London Drugs and Shoppers Drug Mart have been jockeying for position for over 5 years to have it sold through their pharmacies. Think its going to be strange seeing pot heads lined up with methadone users and cold/flu sufferers.
They interviewed a guy on the news that claimed to have a disability and uses pot to relieve the pain.
All fine and good till he mentions it costing him $500 a month in hydro to grow his own and it being much cheaper.
How much pot is this guy smoking and how can he afford it on disability pension! Might be overthinking it,he could still be working but that was my first thoughts.

He probably sells some to his friends. You can't just keep spending time and money on growing indefinitely. It should be made legal even if the whole pharmacy situation will look ridiculous to some people. Freedom is what counts.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:16:11 PM

since Canada just inherits their laws from the US.

Even if i'm not from these countries but i know for sure that the laws of the U.S. and Canada have many differences.
"There are things considered legal in the U.S but not in Canada"

Research first before spreading FUD.

You don't pay enough.
Zeke2345

Activity: 98

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 05:41:14 PM

Article in the Provincial newspaper mentioned a few points related to thus topic.

Canada is part of a International legal framework on psychotropic drugs. Meaning legalization is not allowed but they can loosen sanctions.
Provincial and Federal would also need to get on the same page, that should take time in its self.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
-XXIII- (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:27:22 AM

Article in the Provincial newspaper mentioned a few points related to thus topic.

Canada is part of a International legal framework on psychotropic drugs. Meaning legalization is not allowed but they can loosen sanctions.
Provincial and Federal would also need to get on the same page, that should take time in its self.

I almost see them just lowering the drug schedule. Trudeau's quoted as saying he'll remove it from the criminal code of Canada, but I'm highly doubtful of this.

I read yesterday's paper saying the CEO of NB Liquor is spearheading research into selling dope in his stores, which would be cool in a sense; better than the shoppers drug mart IMO, but still not better than having booze and dope separated and keep selling grass in out of dispensaries. It's hard to tell where this is all going at this time, it's interesting to see it unfold, and headlines are still being pressed out so it's not just sitting on the back burner.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: