Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:08:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TerraDICE! Bounty Winner up and Running!  (Read 3103 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 10:00:33 AM

Thanks to user mskwik who won the 2000TRC bounty for creating a TRC Dice game, we now have a working TerraDice! Now you've got something fun to do with all those TRC I've been giving away. :-)

TerraDICE: http://greenishblue.info/terradice

You can also setup your own affiliate links for TerraDice, meaning you can set up your own game, at your own site and earn!

Affiliate: https://litedice.greenishblue.info/

Congratulations again to mskwik for winning the Bounty for the Terradice! 

more or less retired.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 04:18:36 PM

Transactions are up on Terradice. Seems like people like to play. :-) The min bets have been raised on everything as well.

more or less retired.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 04:48:11 PM

What is the "Under 2000/4000/8000" thing?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 04:55:10 PM

What you bet that the number you roll will be, and below at the row "Lucky #" is the number rolled(if im not mistaken). Same as shatosi dice
But it still seems that i always lose lol, though i see wins at the page
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 05:03:31 PM

Ah, ok. I've never played Satoshi Dice either.

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
nethead

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 05:05:09 PM

bolded coz it has to be seen  Cool
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 05:13:08 PM

What you bet that the number you roll will be, and below at the row "Lucky #" is the number rolled(if im not mistaken). Same as shatosi dice
But it still seems that i always lose lol, though i see wins at the page

I can verify that I have been winning. :-) Not always though, but I only play the 73% chance one. :-)

more or less retired.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 05:20:21 PM

Me neither

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
mskwik

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 05:52:37 PM

If you take a look at the details page for any of the bets you can see how the outcome is calculated.  The bets from yesterday (like http://greenishblue.info/terradice/8b94569a6e5d2d94d8e4b81e791445b8db6e6ecfb3f92596f70d5a834a685660-1.html) will have the secret revealed so that the outcome can be verified while ones from today will just have {secret} displayed until the day is over and it moves on to the next secret in the list.

Note that while writing this I attempted to verify that bet and found there is an extra newline in the middle of the hash that makes it somewhat more difficult to calculate/check.  I have adjusted that so it will be a single line in future bets, but when checking older ones you will have to insert a newline between the secret and the ":" to get the same hash.  This doesn't affect the randomness, just makes it somewhat harder to verify the fairness of the results.

c4n10

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 12:18:24 PM

Hello,

Can I please have some assistance with the LiteDice affiliate setup...?

I created a new address in terracoin, exported the address's private key, entered the private key in the web form where it is asked for, selected TRC for my currency, gave the corresponding address for the private key where it says "commission address" on the web form, entered the rest of the required info and submitted and I am receiving: "Invalid Private Key".

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide...
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 01:05:57 PM

I'm beginning to see the appeal of this game.

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 01:45:48 PM

How "instant" is the payout when you win?  I just played 20 times on the address that's supposed to have a 73%+ win chance (1trcDiceQx9H8oXtYYTMWRGX12wMSfDn5) but either I just haven't won anything, or I'm not seeing any payouts returned to me.  Do I have to configure anything client-side?

crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 01:53:25 PM

How "instant" is the payout when you win?  I just played 20 times on the address that's supposed to have a 73%+ win chance (1trcDiceQx9H8oXtYYTMWRGX12wMSfDn5) but either I just haven't won anything, or I'm not seeing any payouts returned to me.  Do I have to configure anything client-side?

I believe it's instant up to the speed of the network, so you it need to at least get broadcast. It's not lightning fast instant. On top of that already TRCDice is getting a lot of traffic so a backlog could probably happen, just like with Satoshi dice, sometimes you need to wait for the server to process through all the transactions. I'm sure you will be fine though, just give it time.

more or less retired.
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 02:05:13 PM

I believe it's instant up to the speed of the network, so you it need to at least get broadcast. It's not lightning fast instant. On top of that already TRCDice is getting a lot of traffic so a backlog could probably happen, just like with Satoshi dice, sometimes you need to wait for the server to process through all the transactions. I'm sure you will be fine though, just give it time.

It's been about 20 minutes now, but I'll give it some more time. Thanks for the feedback!

crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 02:48:25 PM

How "instant" is the payout when you win?  I just played 20 times on the address that's supposed to have a 73%+ win chance (1trcDiceQx9H8oXtYYTMWRGX12wMSfDn5) but either I just haven't won anything, or I'm not seeing any payouts returned to me.  Do I have to configure anything client-side?

I agree, something is broken there. Address is question does not payout even close to 73%+ chance, check it on explorer.

"Recent bets" table shows all bets as 0.1 TRC.

I want my 8 TRC bet refunded - I expect to be paid for testing, not the other way around.

Well I don't run Terradice personally, so you'll have to ask user mskwik.

BUT I would still give it time- I just had added an "autoplay" feature on www.terrawallet.com and as a part of that I was testing by sending hundreds of bets. :-) So maybe the server is slow.  

As a small note though- you might want to wait then until the services are more mature if the idea of possibly losing coins is unacceptable for you. All this is beta, it is certainly possible that you could lose coins. In the worst case senario someone could still nuke TRC and everything be worthless. So, take it all with a grain of salt for the meantime.

more or less retired.
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 02:58:22 PM

I just saw a bet of 8 TRC win with a payout of 10.x TRC.  Was that yours Strata?

Edit: I think all those .1 TRC bets for <48K preceding it are mine.  But I have no idea whose payout address that is.

crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 03:12:06 PM

I just saw a bet of 8 TRC win with a payout of 10.x TRC.  Was that yours Strata?

Edit: I think all those .1 TRC bets for <48K preceding it are mine.  But I have no idea whose payout address that is.

Could be me, I'm testing for bugs and I've done hundreds of bets in the past minute or two.

more or less retired.
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 03:18:22 PM

I'm sending from my terracoin-qt client. Do I have to use an online wallet or something?

crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 03:20:42 PM

I'm sending from my terracoin-qt client. Do I have to use an online wallet or something?

No, you're fine. In fact sending from the client is more reliable I suspect because I could always have something wrong with the wallet. That said, the wallet makes it easier to send lots of smaller bets. So for example you could transfer 10TRC to the instawallet, and then plow out lots of .1 or .01 bets must faster then you could with the client. With the client however you'll have more control and you'll see your transactions in a cleaner format. So, your choice!

more or less retired.
JesterOfTortuga

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 03:25:19 PM

I had a couple of transactions that were stuck yesterday, I PM'd mskwik and the situation was rectified in just a couple of minutes. It's new so it has some quirks but it seems like it can turn out to be nice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: