Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:52:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Explain WHY bitcoin will be worth 1-3000 USD  (Read 3188 times)
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 10:46:10 AM

Hi,

Can all of you bitcoin and market gurus please explain for a dumb kid like me WHY bitcoin will and can be worth 1000-3000 USD (some say $10000 to $1MIL which I find weird?!).
One reason I think I've understood is that once all the bitcoins are mined and bitcoins goes global... we can kinda set the price. Is this correct?

Please list every reason and explain it like it's for a 10 yr old. I often see "BITCOIN WILL REACH THE PRICE XXXX USD" but never a reason why.
My heart says I should hold on to all of my bitcoins but my paranoid brain says "No. Plenty of crashes before that."

Thanks in advance.

because owning bitcoins gives you rights of ownership of the relative data stored on the Blockchain, which is the world's biggest, more widespread and popular p2p decentralized network, hence bitcoins have an intrinsic value.
because bitcoins have the pros without cons of gold, which makes them and ideal store of value.
because bitcoins have the pros without the cons of cash, which which makes them the ultimate payment method for in person trades.
because bitcoins have the pros without the cons of electronic payment systems, and are much more secure and fast than those, which makes them the ultimate payment method for online trades.
because bitcoins are non inflationary, which means that if demand and adoption grow, their value is bound to rise.
and many more reasons, these are the most notheworthy.

you would just need one of these reasons to justify such prices, but you have all of them.

I think you are right, but its also the fact that we are making the price of the bitcoin with the whole bitcoin itself so I think we can also say the price is made by our self right ?

Its also the fact that the halving is coming and that will let the price go to a high amount or maybe to a lower amount, you of course never know what is gonna happen.

Indeed, you are right the price will go to a high amount soon or later, this is of course because of the different factors the bitcoin depends on.
One of them is the halving that will let the price jump another one is that the people are believing again in the bitcoin.

The price will go to a high amount that is true, but the halving can also be a bad thing for the bitcoin and can get it collapsed.
In my opinion this could happen, most likely not but the bitcoin is not to predict, the only thing that can give the bitcoin a very good boost is the halving.

I think after halving bitcoin will get stability in price at certain high point as it will be finished mining for generating bitcoins only used for transactions verification only.

At that point Bitcoin only used for trade or exchange on P2p market as well as B2b market. So more chances on bitcoin price are high. 
7Priest7

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 02:48:50 PM

Hi,

Can all of you bitcoin and market gurus please explain for a dumb kid like me WHY bitcoin will and can be worth 1000-3000 USD (some say $10000 to $1MIL which I find weird?!).
One reason I think I've understood is that once all the bitcoins are mined and bitcoins goes global... we can kinda set the price. Is this correct?

Please list every reason and explain it like it's for a 10 yr old. I often see "BITCOIN WILL REACH THE PRICE XXXX USD" but never a reason why.
My heart says I should hold on to all of my bitcoins but my paranoid brain says "No. Plenty of crashes before that."

Thanks in advance.

price after 2016 will be 900$ and not more, and you ask to explain, well it will be worth 900$ because of halving and what will happen before/after it, price rises now before halving because people buys lots of bitcoins, and halving will rise price even more
LMGTFY

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 02:53:44 PM

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

price after 2016 will be 900$ and not more, and you ask to explain, well it will be worth 900$ because of halving and what will happen before/after it, price rises now before halving because people buys lots of bitcoins, and halving will rise price even more

You're just substituting the question "why $1000?" for the new question "why $900?"

Why $900?

We know the block reward reduction will occur, we even know (roughly) when it will occur. But how does this tell us that $900 (and not more) will be the post-halfing price? If people buy lots of BTC - why $900? Why not $1000-$3000? Or why not $650?

This space intentionally left blank.
malzahar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:05:51 PM

Some optimistic calculation tells that someday much more people will want to own BTC. Since the quantity of all bitcoin "in the world" ever is not great, the price should rise.

Too optimistic? Time will tell.

Very true. In world till 2145 bitcoin mining will work and till that time 21 billion bitcoins will be generated. After finishing all blocks there will be just interaction and exchange of bitcoins. So in that case value of bitcoin and some other cryptocurrency will be higher. That amount cannot predict now. But as per my opinion it will goes up to $10000+.

Your calculation and the realistic growth will not be the same. Bitcoin gets a long history when it touches the year 2145, but that long history and increased adoption won't pave path for a increase as you have suggested as $10000+.

By that time realistically I`d be buried in the ground.

Shit, I probably wont even see the $1k value mark and I`ll be lucky to see it since anything can happen to me before it.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:22:32 PM

Agree with you...

Or it could stay in the $500-600 mark.

Theres no way to tell that prices can hold very long unless its the new median price after its been that way for 6 months.

LMGTFY

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:55:06 PM

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

You're just substituting the question "why $1000?" for the new question "why $900?"

Why $900?

We know the block reward reduction will occur, we even know (roughly) when it will occur. But how does this tell us that $900 (and not more) will be the post-halfing price? If people buy lots of BTC - why $900? Why not $1000-$3000? Or why not $650?

That is just a speculation. For any figure will do. I think the end of the year price will be around $1000.

Will do for what? The OP asked "Can all of you bitcoin and market gurus please explain for a dumb kid like me WHY bitcoin will and can be worth 1000-3000 USD?" They did not ask for respondents to pull new numbers out of their backsides. Being in the speculation section doesn't mean "ignore the OP and answer whatever you fancy".

This space intentionally left blank.
sanadas

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:45:30 AM

If the bitcoin replace the US dollar as the main reserve currency in the world, it will be worth $1m each.

asrilani

Activity: 206

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:05:51 PM

3 years ago, the Bank of America Merril Lynch produced a report to state that the bitcoin price is worth about $1200.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:48:34 PM

If the bitcoin replace the US dollar as the main reserve currency in the world, it will be worth $1m each.
This will only happen in people's wildest dreams.

In the real world Bitcoin will just be (already is) an alternative form of money where people find freedom in.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:49:22 PM

for replace dollar i don't think that will really happen because dollar one of the strong currency in the world but might be to be a rival of dollar still possible someday but for replace it i think it impossible
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 06:21:45 AM

Some optimistic calculation tells that someday much more people will want to own BTC. Since the quantity of all bitcoin "in the world" ever is not great, the price should rise.

It the real fact for which bitcoin is expected to touch $3000 in the future, though the price seems to be high compared to most other countries currencies.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 06:24:02 AM

It the real fact for which bitcoin is expected to touch $3000 in the future, though the price seems to be high compared to most other countries currencies.
In reality it is really possible to touch $3000 in the future. Like what happenee in the past that it only costs cents and now it is the cryptocurrency with a highest price.
asrilani

Activity: 206

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 12:39:04 PM

In reality it is really possible to touch $3000 in the future. Like what happenee in the past that it only costs cents and now it is the cryptocurrency with a highest price.

$3000 is the possible price to have. But it might be reached within the next two years. It is possible in 5 years.
aleandromagno
Legendary

Activity: 1323

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 01:18:03 PM

$3000 is the possible price to have. But it might be reached within the next two years. It is possible in 5 years.

Not necessarily last for so long .. Just that Bitcoin is accepted by Facebook or Google, and we have $ 3,000 in a week Wink

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀      
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████      
████████▌    
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████    
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3022

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 01:32:07 PM

Not necessarily last for so long .. Just that Bitcoin is accepted by Facebook or Google, and we have $ 3,000 in a week Wink
I think facebook and google dont need bitcoin.. and what do you mean that we have $3000 in a week?
as my speculation in 2 years the price of bitcoin will reach around 1k to 2k value maybe in 4 years we will see that the price reach 3000 value..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 01:33:38 PM

Easy, real price surge hasn't even begun. We are not even in teh double figures marketcap yet, we are at 7 billion marketcap roughly while services like uber are 50 billion, so do the fucking math. We aren't even started yet. We will reach 100 billion in the next 5 years and the price will be in the 5 figures.
aleandromagno
Legendary

Activity: 1323

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 01:37:09 PM

I think facebook and google dont need bitcoin.. and what do you mean that we have $3000 in a week?
as my speculation in 2 years the price of bitcoin will reach around 1k to 2k value maybe in 4 years we will see that the price reach 3000 value..

Facebook, Google - these are only symbols of mainstream.. It can be McDonalds or Walmart.. When some giant company will start accepting Bitcoin price can jump up to $3000 even in few days.. ok .. let say in one month..

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀      
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████      
████████▌    
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████    
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
target
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 01:41:03 PM

Very true. In world till 2145 bitcoin mining will work and till that time 21 billion bitcoins will be generated. After finishing all blocks there will be just interaction and exchange of bitcoins. So in that case value of bitcoin and some other cryptocurrency will be higher. That amount cannot predict now. But as per my opinion it will goes up to $10000+.

Once 21 million are already generated, its also the start of the decline of price as the money will be distributed to some coins that existed.
thus the reason why new coins these days has about 100  million of supply to last the more generations. sure we're all be dead by 2145 though Smiley
italianobitcoin

Activity: 370

Forza Italia

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 03:13:15 PM

The value of Bitcoin is now quite stable and that is not that bad but the most people are hoping that the value will be more worth soon so they can also have more money.
But the reach a higher value it will really takes a long time until you can have a lot of profit with it,
sanadas

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:24:43 AM

The value of Bitcoin is now quite stable and that is not that bad but the most people are hoping that the value will be more worth soon so they can also have more money.
But the reach a higher value it will really takes a long time until you can have a lot of profit with it,

I have different opinion. I just wish the bitcoin price rises only 1% a month. The stability will make it useful.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: