Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:15:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Belacoin - Supercharging entrepreneurship with the power of the blockchain  (Read 379689 times)
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:51:42 PM

Hi,

My bela wallet displays: Host srv.belacoin.com not found

Does anyone have the address to fix this? In addition, is bela incorporating PoS soon? Thanks

That's a small error in the Windows wallet that doesn't affect it's functionality. It should be pointing to srv.belacoin.org, and we will fix that with the next Windows wallet upgrade release. We do not have plans to change Belacoin from PoW to PoS anytime soon.

Why not? Switch to POS and go carousing cheap domestic wine. It's nice to have people carrying out maintenance and performing simple tasks related to coin functionality. U do it in a weird and twisted way but that is ur right though there exist people that hate the way u handle things. It would take me around one day and a half to deliver the app of the same functionality.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bolenath

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:13:45 PM

good going BELA team... Goona buy a few more if it dips more Smiley

hafid12

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:50:27 AM

any news anything.
give free coins to people just by clicking on or posting photographs it's a bad idea it well dumping the price down and more down.
dev i think that you have a solution of this situation to increase the price up
The Ambia Fund

Activity: 394
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 06:15:16 PM

Each day, we're adding improvements to the site. We've made tagging photos easier, and the tag form will autosuggest tags based on what other people have already used. Over 24,000 different tags have been used, so we've got quite the collection to suggest. This will only grow as users continue to post on Belacam.

We've also fixed an error that prohibited certain photos from being uploaded. If that was affecting you, please try posting your photo again, and you should see it go through.

For more frequent updates, join our slack at http://Belacoin.herokuapp.com and head to the #belacamupdates channel. Be the first to know when we make improvements and major fixes to the site.

Backed by the founder of Forex.com / GAIN Capital: http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/forex-com-founder-invests-in-belacam-a-cryptocurrency-based-instagram-competitor-1027339112

Building a Cryptocurrency-based Instagram Competitor: Belacam.com
CheapVccSeller

Activity: 197

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:01:16 PM

90 Bitcoin buy wall. Coin is definitely going up soon. Someone just bought 24 bitcoin worth.
usuksobad

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 01:51:02 AM

Hey guys,
Pretty new here sorry for stupid questions. Which miner is used to mine this coin? or any miner who mines with scrypt algorithm? Like antminer L3 and i should just config him to mine this coin somehow? Thanks
AltcoinTrader15

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 03:29:16 AM

Just loaded up on Bela. There is a huge BTC buy order for this. Can definitely see this going up.

https://gyazo.com/44bf1e8897522857024e2016c539f9e5.

Cool

yavuzc78

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:28:49 PM

When Polo wallet be fixed?

The Ambia Fund

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 02:21:17 AM

Belacoin was just added to Coinwarz at http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/belacoin and WhatToMine at http://whattomine.com/coins/182-bela-scrypt.

Some mining pools will not list altcoins until they're listed on one of those sites, so this helps us get Belacoin into more mining pools. It also puts Belacoin in front of more miners, so we should see the net hash rate for the Belacoin blockchain increase. As the net hash rate grows, the average block time should get closer and closer to the two-minute target.

The Belacoin wallet on Poloniex has also been fixed. We want to thank Poloniex for working through that in a timely manner.

Backed by the founder of Forex.com / GAIN Capital: http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/forex-com-founder-invests-in-belacam-a-cryptocurrency-based-instagram-competitor-1027339112

AltcoinTrader15

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:11:29 AM

Just purchased 1 BTC worth of Bella. Based on the potential this coin has.
CheapVccSeller

Activity: 197

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 08:42:22 AM

Seems as though it's getting ready for a pump. Huge buy walls.
partitura

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:48:07 AM

Seems as though it's getting ready for a pump. Huge buy walls.
Yeeees... may be you're right)) You bought some bela already and ready for the pump?)

I thinking about mining..but I'm not sure that my laptop will cope:/
Zeehenk

Activity: 399
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:26:43 PM

Hi,

My bela wallet displays: Host srv.belacoin.com not found

Does anyone have the address to fix this? In addition, is bela incorporating PoS soon? Thanks

That's a small error in the Windows wallet that doesn't affect it's functionality. It should be pointing to srv.belacoin.org, and we will fix that with the next Windows wallet upgrade release. We do not have plans to change Belacoin from PoW to PoS anytime soon.

Is it safe to transfer coins to the wallet? I don't feel good about transferring a high amount of coins to a wallet that doesn't sync.....

holden.commodore

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:36:56 PM

I think that Bela wallet is still the major problem for this project. I just don't think that is totally secure, because of sync issues, I am afraid to lose all my coins...  Sad
Zeehenk

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 08:06:13 PM

I think that Bela wallet is still the major problem for this project. I just don't think that is totally secure, because of sync issues, I am afraid to lose all my coins...  Sad

That is exactly my problem too... I don't feel secure to drop them in the desktop wallet at the moment, but I don't want to keep them hanging on an exchange either... Should be fixed in my opinion. With the BELACAM launch you will get a lot more people downloading the wallet. If they feel unsecure they will leave the project just as quickly as they came.

The Ambia Fund

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 12:02:27 AM

To sync your wallet, please follow the instructions at http://belacoin.org/windowswalletsetup.pdf. There is no risk of your coins disappearing from the Belacoin wallet, even when it isn't synced. The wallet must be synced in order to send coins, but an unsynced wallet will still store coins without any difficulty. This is how people can mine Bitcoin in 2011, forget about it, and then reopen the wallet 6 years later. They have to go through 6-years worth of blockchain syncing, but their coins are still there.

The Ambia Fund

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 04:29:27 AM

We're posting multiple Belacam updates every day in the #Belacamupdates channel in our slack at http://Belacoin.herokuapp.com. If you're in the Belacoin community and you're not in our slack, you're missing out. With nearly 1,500 members, we have one of the largest altcoin Slack communities.

Regardless, we will recap some of the week's updates here. First off, many of you have noticed that sending Belacoin to Belacam can take a while since the Belacoin blockchain isn't that fast. This is because Belacoin uses the Kimoto Gravity Well (KGW) difficulty regulator, and it's a little outdated. If many miners connect to the blockchain and then hop off, the difficulty spikes, and there is not enough net hash rate to break the next block within 2 minutes as is intended. To fix this, we plan to update Belacoin's source code to Litecoin's most updated open source code: Litecoin 0.13.2. With this, the blockchain should get faster, more secure, and we will begin the process of getting SegWit.

On Belacam, we've made user experience faster by reducing the resolution of the posted photos. They are still larger than they appear, so this does not decrease the viewing quality. We're also adding a new Bootstrap dropdown menu that should fix an issue on the Discover page that caused the username on the left-hand pictures to be unclickable. We've added a report button and the ability to delete photos from the discover page. This will soon come to the regular feed page and the user page as we have had good feedback from testing it on the Discover page. We have lowered the number of Belacoin given per like to .25 to see if people give more likes when the Belacoin-per-like amount is lower.

We are also very close to having Belacoin finalized for listing on Bittylicious. They have the Belacoin daemon all set up and the listing fee has been paid.

Zeehenk

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 07:02:42 AM

To sync your wallet, please follow the instructions at http://belacoin.org/windowswalletsetup.pdf. There is no risk of your coins disappearing from the Belacoin wallet, even when it isn't synced. The wallet must be synced in order to send coins, but an unsynced wallet will still store coins without any difficulty. This is how people can mine Bitcoin in 2011, forget about it, and then reopen the wallet 6 years later. They have to go through 6-years worth of blockchain syncing, but their coins are still there.

Thanks for the instructions! I have gotten the wallet to start syncing, but the last bit doesn't seem to sync... The wallet gets "stuck" at "10 hours behind" and remains like that. A full sync doesn't seem possible at this moment in time.... any solutions?

Cheers!

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1250

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:36:17 AM

great, thanks for the updates!
I have noticed them on the website and I agree that they are definite improvements
especially the change to 0.25bela for a like and the possibility to delete images.

I'll head over to slack and check out the threads there.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
The Ambia Fund

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 03:05:45 PM

The reason that the wallet gets stuck syncing a few hours behind is because no block has been found since that time ago. This happens because Belacoin uses the Kimoto Gravity Well (KGW) difficulty regulator, and it retargets every block. If a lot of mining power connects to our blockchain for one block and then hops off, the difficulty is very high, and there aren't enough miners to crack the next block in a short period of time. It is eventually broken though, and then it retargets to a lower difficulty.

By adopting Litecoin's most recent code, we can solve this issue. Belacoin will then retarget every 2,016 blocks, and it will take more of an average difficulty. This will help prevent huge spikes in the difficulty and long delays in finding the next block.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: