Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:36:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any chance of having one global currency?  (Read 2125 times)
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 04:16:36 PM

Could you see a future wherein the entire world shares one global currency, be it fiat or crypto? If I think it in a scifi kind of way, it would most probably be some digital currency that could all just use. It doesn't even have to be in this century. Maybe the next?

Why do we need a single and uniform currency? During the old days it was difficult to exchange one currency to another. That is no longer the case. So I don't think that we need that nowadays.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:16:19 AM

none, even fiat cannot be a global currency because each country certainly does not want to have the same currency as all countries in the world because it can affect the country's economic performance, especially in the import and export sector. because in that sector the country can take profits from their currencies which can cause inflation or deflation in their currencies.

One currency (the digital money or fiat) for all is something that is not possible. People and the governments will never accept it. Even now, some European counties want to refuse from Euro to return to their currency.
junglist.massive

Activity: 759
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:50:24 PM

Oh, looks like you’ve missed the news lately, now there is a digital currency running on cryptography and blockchain? Great isn't it? It said Bitcoin could be used to buy pizza, surprised? It’s very hard to believe, I can buy goods from other parts of the world using digital currency which initially the value of Bitcoin if exchanged for USD is very low, but now you know that the price of Bitcoin has reached thousands of USD and made people want to have it too. Much wow right?
devinks

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:08:00 PM

in this world there are so many different countries whose values are different and if there is only one global currency I don't think that is possible. the benchmark of the global currency is the dollar, and if there is only one thing that will happen to this world.
will2500

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:56:30 PM

I think that there is such an option in the future, but in order to implement it, all governments will have to sweat very much. If this happened, it would be possible to pay only with one currency in each country, which would be very cool.
alex_gr_cc

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 08:23:59 PM

Could you see a future wherein the entire world shares one global currency, be it fiat or crypto? If I think it in a scifi kind of way, it would most probably be some digital currency that could all just use. It doesn't even have to be in this century. Maybe the next?

The experience of the European Union shows that it is very difficult. And considering the different state of the economies of the countries of the whole world and the different mentality of the countries, this is basically impossible.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
Kez1817

Activity: 909
Merit: 17

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:32:35 PM

Dollar is our national currency and i think it is not difficult to have a global currency if every country will have a one concerted either fiat or digital currency to become a global currency.

indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:27:17 AM

Well i do consider USD as a global currency, but to have one single currency for every country is hard to be true. The reasons is cause every country need to manage their own finance and also the money is use for monetary policy and i believe it could'nt be done with single currency.

iged_war

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:37:56 AM

Well i do consider USD as a global currency, but to have one single currency for every country is hard to be true. The reasons is cause every country need to manage their own finance and also the money is use for monetary policy and i believe it could'nt be done with single currency.
monetary policy could be main reason for every country to reject using one global currency.it could be very contradictive with other country policy.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
demonz666

Activity: 493
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:51:58 AM

I think it will be difficult because now the world already has a global currency, USD. it will be difficult for bitcoin to replace it because the requirement to become a global currency is acceptable to all countries in the world and now the number of countries that accept bitcoin is still small. and also every country already has a national currency, they all try to make their currencies strong. so I don't think there will be a global currency anymore.

CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:12:19 AM

it already exists, it's bitcoin. other I at the moment with the same properties I do not see. and why re-invent bitcoin?

Yes, Bitcoin has the potential to be that one global currency. But right now it clearly has not been that global currency, mainly due to low acceptance rate. There aren't that many merchants accepting it and there are also some countries that prohibit the use of Bitcoin as a tool of payment. I'm not saying that government should make regulation for Bitcoin, no. But with that prohibition in place, many people and merchant won't use them. Perhaps we can settle the situation in the coming years.
jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 12:06:48 PM

If all governments in the world has the same thought of having one global currency, then there is no more problems on its worlwide implementation. US dollar is considered as a global currencies but some are not recognizing it. Bitcoin can't be considered as global currency unless it is adopted worldwide and recognized by majority of governments.

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 12:16:04 PM

Yes, there is a chance because cryptocurrencies is more advanced and very convenient to use. But this chance could be so little because of the government. Definitely they will defend the Fiat because they can make more money in it IMO.
Dimas99

Activity: 854
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 01:35:49 PM

all possibilities can happen without anyone can predict with certainty that there will even arise a one currency for global for me the most important thing is that we must be able to take advantage of the opportunities that we will get
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 05:00:13 AM

If you talk about one the digital currency purpose than it won't be good idea because as we know virtual currency has limited supply for particular coin after some time there will no generation of particular coin.. And when we talk about fiat currency (single currency) Than we must have in our mind that there is three kinds of nation in world.
Developed
Developing
Under develop
So If there is single currency in the world than there will be more dominate power of developed nation over others, There will be dictatorship in terms of giving loans and all that things. One thing more printing and supply of notes would be issue .

Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:56:22 AM

One global currency can only go when there are no significant contradictions in the political and economic sphere of human activity in the world between states. In my opinion, this will not happen in the near future. However, even if such a currency ever appears, it definitely will not be a cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency has great price volatility and that’s the problem. Significant international trade transactions in cryptocurrency are impossible due to the fact that one of the parties will constantly lose them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  

Jump to: