Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:33:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Halving has already Begun, Yes or No?  (Read 7174 times)
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:47:48 AM

it wont be until august or so that we will get a noticeable effect from the halving, so no, the halving has not yet begun.

That could be the reason why the bitcoin price is still so low. There is no pump of the price recently.

the halving has of course not begun...but the halving effect is behind us...

For people who read threads here,  there is talking about how price of bitcoin is already doubled  for upcoming halving. I think its high possibility for that to be truth.  And if price is already doubled I don't think we can see some big rise, what is logical.

Normally we can expect some nice surprise, and we can try to predict that. if its happen it will be in August or September, months after halving. I don't think its impossible to see some spike over 1000 $. Chances for that are low, I know that, but it doesn't stop me to believe in that.

We will see exactly when time comes, for now I still think that btc will rise above 600 $ in next few months.

the price rises may in part have been due to the halving, and let me explain why.

Let's suppose most people expect the price to rise after the halving, and therefore they don't want to sell now. So they keep their bitcoins and wait for later (at least as long as they can afford to, some miners for example need to pay their electricity bills and such, so they can't keep all of their coins). The fact that many people hoard means that the supply is already lower than it would be if people did not hoard.

Just after the halving, people might lose their patience (or lose confidence in the fact that the price will rise) and sell some coins. This might cause a sudden burst in supply, and therefore a reduction in price (for a short while, until supply dries up).

however, this does not mean that the halving is priced in, because no matter how much bitcoin is hoarded, bitcoin will become more scarce in a few months. And this effect will be noticeable. Not immediately after the halving, but a few months after the halving. And that is when I expect the price to skyrocket (probably somewhere in the low 5 digits).

A while after the halving, the price will find a new equilibrium point where the supply meets the demand, since we can assume the demand to be roughly the same, but the supply to be lower (given enough time the saved up supply will run out), and therefore the equilibrium point would be at a higher price point.

How much higher is hard to predict, but if i had to guess i'd say the equilibrium would be at least somewhere around $5000. Although we will most likely overshoot at first and go in the range of say $15000 at first.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:42:20 AM

The halving is not begun, its just a matter of time before it will but we will see a lot of signs if it happens, right moment there are no signs of it.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:29:52 AM

The halving is not begun, its just a matter of time before it will but we will see a lot of signs if it happens, right moment there are no signs of it.
eventhough halving has not begun, the price fluctuations are all the effects of halving.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 01:14:41 PM

The increase we are seeing has nothing to do directly  with the halving effect...it is just "normal" speculation...
the fun is to sell before the big decreasing will start...

wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:54:50 PM

The increase we are seeing has nothing to do directly  with the halving effect...it is just "normal" speculation...
I'm not ready to agree with you. There is no possibility for any selling pressure now on bitcoin prices or after halving too. On the expectation of upcoming halving, we can speculate bitcoin prices to be a new all-time high price also. Overall we can expect there will not be any big decrese on bitcoin prices.
tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:11:11 PM

The increase we are seeing has nothing to do directly  with the halving effect...it is just "normal" speculation...
I'm not ready to agree with you. There is no possibility for any selling pressure now on bitcoin prices or after halving too. On the expectation of upcoming halving, we can speculate bitcoin prices to be a new all-time high price also. Overall we can expect there will not be any big decrese on bitcoin prices.

Price has already started to rise  now and that is the halving effect for sure, and we will be seeing much better price as we get more closer to halving.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:35:04 PM

if the price of bitcoin increases with lots every day, I think halving already begun, perhaps if halving in the starting price of bitcoin will increase $ 10 or more every day, it might happen in a few months
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:45:03 PM

No the halving has not begun but soon it will start and there will be price increasing than for sure without any doubts so its easy to spot it.
Its just a matter of time before we will see the signs indeed.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Scream

Activity: 476

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 03:05:05 PM

No the halving has not begun but soon it will start and there will be price increasing than for sure without any doubts so its easy to spot it.

today the price increase is quite high, and is in the range of $480. I think it is the effect or signs of halving.
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 03:06:54 PM

Halfing hasnt begun yet, still couple of months left before it happens. but i think the price surge we're seeing right now is due to the anticipation of the halfing
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 03:20:19 PM

Halfing hasnt begun yet, still couple of months left before it happens. but i think the price surge we're seeing right now is due to the anticipation of the halfing

yes halving occurred about 1.5 months, yes it looks like the current price increase is the effect of halving. but if you want to make a profit, now is not the right time to buy, because I believe it will decrease again.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:18:01 AM

today the price increase is quite high, and is in the range of $480. I think it is the effect or signs of halving.

It is an amazing increase. We seem to have these surges in price, after which the price stabilizes for a couple of weeks.
Reminds me of the vibrations before a rocket launches.  Grin
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 805

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 02:42:31 AM

It is an amazing increase. We seem to have these surges in price, after which the price stabilizes for a couple of weeks.
Reminds me of the vibrations before a rocket launches.  Grin

Indeed its amazing though but i believe its not the effect of halving this is due to many people start buying more and more btc and if many buys it can effect to price go up and thats really good for us bitcoin user and i can really say the price up may continue nowadays because the counting for halving event nearly happens, let see how much will be the bitcoin price for this coming june and i want to see 550$ price for it  and it was very exciting event to us coming bitcoin user another phase has been made.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:05:12 AM

i don't think it's a matter of more people buying more bitcoin.

i think it's a matter of less people selling.

either way, it's fine.

once the price rises enough, people will start buying more, and trigger a chain reaction.
Xetonica

Activity: 706

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 07:34:40 AM

i don't think it's a matter of more people buying more bitcoin.

i think it's a matter of less people selling.

either way, it's fine.

once the price rises enough, people will start buying more, and trigger a chain reaction.

The trading volume is up, so more people are buying and selling the bitcoin. The buying force is larger.
Xetamin

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:25:20 AM

The halving effect can be felt now. The price of bitcoin is rising fast. It is over $680 now. $700 is in sight.
Siskaver

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:19:01 PM

The halving effect can be felt now. The price of bitcoin is rising fast. It is over $680 now. $700 is in sight.

That is right. The price is quite stable at the moment. The price is around $600 to $700. It might go above $700 after halving.
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:47:42 AM

That is right. The price is quite stable at the moment. The price is around $600 to $700. It might go above $700 after halving.
Well I hope that before halving it will go above 800$. If it goes that high ill think ill sell some portion of my bitcoin. I think I will also wait for 1k$ if it is possible. Ill wait for it and leave some portion to sell.

You'd sell at $800 during a halving event that takes place every 4 years and this one occurring at the end of a 2 year bear market? You must be new to Bitcoin.

Welcome, please stop by the newbie section when you have time
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:12:34 PM

Well I hope that before halving it will go above 800$. If it goes that high ill think ill sell some portion of my bitcoin. I think I will also wait for 1k$ if it is possible. Ill wait for it and leave some portion to sell.

You'd sell at $800 during a halving event that takes place every 4 years and this one occurring at the end of a 2 year bear market? You must be new to Bitcoin.

what's wrong with some one securing some profits at very interesting price levels? people are free to sell and buy bitcoin whenever they want. i have secured profits well above the $700 level and bought back $100 lower than where i sold them for. that's called smart trading. it allows me to increase my coin count while the price is going higher and higher.
Jamitadson

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:42:45 AM

what's wrong with some one securing some profits at very interesting price levels? people are free to sell and buy bitcoin whenever they want. i have secured profits well above the $700 level and bought back $100 lower than where i sold them for. that's called smart trading. it allows me to increase my coin count while the price is going higher and higher.

You are a good trader. But for most people, they are not good traders. In theory, trading is negative sum game.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: