Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:40:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Roundtable Retreat - 70 top Techies & CEOs - What should be covered?  (Read 9120 times)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:12:08 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 03:13:53 PM by hdbuck

q.a.

we're ideologically polar opposites.  I'm pro business and i believe the majority of people using bitcoin are - and will be - too.  you're anti-business.  no need to give it a fancy name like anti-business-as-usual when you mean anti-business.

we won't ever agree on this - coming from different worlds, so lets agree to disagree and move on.

See? we do have a consensus.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 03:01:29 PM

I think the main message from the satoshi roundtable was "buy Ethereum quickly"

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:32:46 PM

I think the main message from the satoshi roundtable was "buy Ethereum quickly"

and then dump even faster

and buy Bitcoin with profits

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:41:11 PM

q.a.

we're ideologically polar opposites.  I'm pro business and i believe the majority of people using bitcoin are - and will be - too.  you're anti-business.  

Being pro-freedom does not necessarily mean anti-business.

Lots of businesses are growing up around bitcoin and remaining profitable - without having to meet in closed back door rooms to privately decide the future of bitcoin without any input from the community.

Bitcoin was developed to be a peer to peer electronic currency, and a viable alternative to the traditional banking systems, CC processors, etc. Turning bitcoin into one of these is to completely distort it's original intentions.

If there's anything I've learned it's that Greed ruins everything. BTC was not created with unrestrained human greed in mind, thank you very much.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:50:47 PM

q.a.

we're ideologically polar opposites.  I'm pro business and i believe the majority of people using bitcoin are - and will be - too.  you're anti-business.  no need to give it a fancy name like anti-business-as-usual when you mean anti-business.

we won't ever agree on this - coming from different worlds, so lets agree to disagree and move on.

Whatever you say. I am the 99%, you are the 1%.

Occupy Bitcoin

aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:22:19 PM

q.a.

Whatever you say. I am the 99%, you are the 1%.

bitcoin is for the 100%, and most of them will use it for commerce.  believe what you want.
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:38:44 PM

bitcoin is for the 100%, and most of them will use it for commerce.  believe what you want.

What does that even mean? WTF is "commerce"?
Is sticking BTC in a paper wallet and sitting on it like a hen on an egg "commerce"? This forum has one commerce section -- /securities/ -- dead as a doornail due to captains of industry running away with intrepid investors' coin, leaving the latter crying, dicks in hands.
P.S. Apologies, there is the /investment-based games/ section, where young Bitcoin entrepreneurs bilk coin from their equally-enterprising, albeit slightly dummer, marks.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:42:29 PM

bitcoin is for the 100%, and most of them will use it for commerce.  believe what you want.

Is sticking BTC in a paper wallet and sitting on it like a hen on an egg "commerce"? This forum has one commerce section -- /securities/ -- dead as a doornail due to captains of industry running away with intrepid investors' coin, leaving the latter crying, dicks in hands.

oh wtf I agree with this govy shill now?

such a brainfucker! Grin
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:20:51 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2016, 06:57:07 AM by Gleb Gamow

bitcoin is for the 100%, and most of them will use it for commerce.  believe what you want.

P.S. Apologies, there is the /investment-based games/ section, where young Bitcoin entrepreneurs bilk coin from their equally-enterprising, albeit slightly dummer, marks.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=78.0

"Today's specials are Havelock, Neo & Bee, and ASICMINER. I suggest a nice Chianti to complement any of the fine choices. The chips and fava bean dip are complementary."
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:31:01 PM

Satoshi Roundtable 2016, Full Transcript: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/48gy96/satoshi_roundtable_2016_full_transcript/

<3xploit = Marshall Long, for those unaware>

bruce_fenton

Privacy of attendees will be honored

3xploit

There is not a transcript. Wtf u on about

Bitcoin_Error_Log

I know for a fact there is.

3xploit

Proof? I was there. And nobody was recording me that i know of.

Bitcoin_Error_Log

Someone was audio-feeding from to Bryan Bishop, who typed everything.

3xploit

Lol. Foil hat

Consensus that we all can all agree on:

Bruce Fenton only invited his friends to the roundtable (video proof available)
Marshall Long was invited and attended.
Marshall Long is a scam artist to the nth degree.
Bruce Fenton claims to not be aware of Marshall's scammy background. (Bruce is more than welcome to refute this claim, and that he is well aware, but...)
The Reddit thread (above) is about releasing some transcript.
Bruce Fenton weighs in that it shouldn't be released, confirming its existence.
Marshall Long comes along and claims there's no transcript.
Marshall's proven wrong, confirming that he's a fuckin' idiot as well as a scammer.
Marshall Long dons his tin foil hat (perhaps the cleanest wearing apparel he owns).
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1566

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 10:44:31 PM

Brian Armstrong (Coinbase) shares his thoughts on SR (it's more about blocksize tho).

https://medium.com/@barmstrong/what-happened-at-the-satoshi-roundtable-6c11a10d8cdf#.yz72x9ehm

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀