Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:38:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Health and Religion  (Read 210800 times)
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 05:01:51 AM

Atheism is poison, but only to atheists and those who follow atheism.    Cool

I think atheism is atheism is atheist is atheist they will follow what they believe and want they want to believe just like us Christians we will believe that God is real, and we respect each beliefs but what the point is some of the atheist doesn't respect us and they are always persecuting us.

Let me refer you to my previous comment:

The only reason you hear anything at all from Atheists is because Christians can't mind their damn business...

Christians keep making religious laws, hating gays, wasting money on 10-commandment statues and cop bumper stickers that say, "In God We Trust", just do be dicks... it's the Christians being fuckheads!

If Christians would leave Atheists alone, we would quit bashing your stupid ass religion and let you believe whatever silly nonsense you want to believe

But, since Christians constantly fail to mind their own business, we must defend ourselves... usually through logic and truth and reading you bible passages Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 05:45:32 AM

I think atheism is atheism is atheist is atheist they will follow what they believe and want they want to believe just like us Christians we will believe that God is real, and we respect each beliefs but what the point is some of the atheist doesn't respect us and they are always persecuting us.

The only reason you hear anything at all from Atheists is because Christians can't mind their damn business...

Christians keep making religious laws, hating gays, wasting money on 10-commandment statues and cop bumper stickers that say, "In God We Trust", just do be dicks... it's the Christians being fuckheads!

If Christians would leave Atheists alone, we would quit bashing your stupid ass religion and let you believe whatever silly nonsense you want to believe

But, since Christians constantly fail to mind their own business, we must defend ourselves... usually through logic and truth and reading you bible passages Wink

If atheists went into their closet, and didn't even propagate, we could all wait until the cancer of atheism died out. We could tell by the stench coming out of the closet.

But now because atheists are spreading their poisonous cancer to many people, especially to the children, the only thing left for GOOD religious folks to do is to attempt to stamp out the cancer of atheism in every way possible.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Moloch

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 05:50:27 AM

If atheists went into their closet, and didn't even propagate, we could all wait until the cancer of atheism died out. We could tell by the stench coming out of the closet.

But now because atheists are spreading their poisonous cancer to many people, especially to the children, the only thing left for GOOD religious folks to do is to attempt to stamp out the cancer of atheism in every way possible.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I'm rubber you're glue
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pot calling the kettle black

At least be original with your trolling...
clangtrump

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 05:50:43 AM

Everyone has their toxic materials. It's upon the people to get affected by it.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:29:03 AM

I do not know if this is some sort of inside joke but this comment is not helpful.

This thread is about sharing knowledge and helping people. I never make moderated threads and cannot prevent you from posting anything you want but I would kindly ask that if you are not on board with the purpose of this thread that you do not post in it.

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 06:32:05 AM

Cool

So genocide is your Christian solution.  I must say it is inline with your Bible.  Congrats you are following the Bible. 

BTW, it is you that is spreading bronze age nonsense to children.

valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 09:16:05 AM

Cool

So genocide is your Christian solution.  I must say it is inline with your Bible.  Congrats you are following the Bible. 

Well at least he's a good Christian.

Without Atheism there would be nearly no science. Religion is responsible for the darkest ages of humanity and science.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
hugoworld

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 12:51:40 PM

I'm a christian and I don't hate atheists. I can't actually remember when was the last time I felt hate, probably back when I was still an atheist and slave to my emotions like Moloch is today

Did you seriously just say you don't hate Atheists, then in the next sentence slander me?

The hypocrisy is getting thick, and we're still on the first page... slow down hoss

you are right .. i hate religious persons's hypoccrisy.. they say we dont hate atheism but they are scared atheists to death.. i dont get this thing..

EMP

▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬

ICO START:
10 SEPT 2018
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 01:32:20 PM

<snip>
Todays western liberal atheism is a "posion" because it is an worldview that gives you and the group evolutionary disadvantages. Thus western liberal atheism societies will cease to exist and become replaced with societies with an evolutionary functional worldview. A evolutionary functional worldview does not have to be organised supernatural religion as "christian" or "muslim" it must however contain a set of values which makes the members live a evolutionary successfull life.
Science does say how the world works and it does give you mental tools to solve particular problems but it does however not give you any values or instruction how to live your life whatsoever. For science it does not matter if you live or if you die or if you have a wife and family or if you become a drug addict. A successfull society must have someting more than science to guide its members in life.

Bingo we have a winner.
<snip>

No, we don't. My response clearly refuted his statement:

I can't agree with the statement that science "does however not give you any values or instruction how to live your life whatsoever". Plenty of scientific disciplines do just that; from the social sciences to ecological sciences. Philosophy is also in a way a science (or maybe a meta-science) since it's the study of the nature of knowledge. There are many philosophical writings about how to live a happy life (see Alain de Botton's "Consolations of Philosophy").

Social sciences, ecological sciences and philosophy are much better able to inform us about the various possible life choices that may or may not make us happy than a brittle, unchanging and dogmatic social construct created thousands of years ago.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 01:37:15 PM

you are right .. i hate religious persons's hypoccrisy.. they say we dont hate atheism but they are scared atheists to death.. i dont get this thing..

This is easy to understand. The religious fear sin and modern leftism as they perceive these to be inherently dangerous. There are some good reasons to feel this way.

Quote from: Bruce Charlton
Sin is the situation where how we feel is ultimate human reality, and how we feel is known to be contingent and means nothing.
Sin is to embrace this nothingness as reality, to propagandize that nothingness is reality, to denigrate anything which saves us from nothingness.
And that is the reason we need to be ‘saved’.
And this is the reason why we cannot save ourselves.
We need to be saved from nothingness, and from those who brainwash us into a belief in nothingness, and from ourselves who propagate that reality is nothingness.
Sin is to embrace nothingness

Modern society is a mechanism for inculcating bad habits, especially the habit of seeking instant pleasure, intoxications and distractions; a habit of regarding ourselves as passive recipients for ‘entertainment’. A devout life is not so much about a flash of understanding but is mostly a matter of using insights into truth in building-up good habits; and this can be influenced by our will. A devout life enables one to build these habits and most importantly successfully pass them on to our children.

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 01:54:51 PM

(Snip)

Social sciences, ecological sciences and philosophy are much better able to inform us about the various possible life choices that may or may not make us happy than a brittle, unchanging and dogmatic social construct created thousands of years ago.

Your conclusion is unsupported by the data available.

The social sciences have not been shown to be a functional replacement for the common moral code provided by religion. This lack is evidenced by the reduced wellbeing, health and fertility of those who reject the traditional moral code in favor of atheism.

Atheism is the rejection of religious philosophy. It is the nothingness that is created by the rejection of traditional values and morals. Atheism creates a void and that void tends to be filled. The path of least resistance is the embrace of Hedonism. If God is dead then everything becomes permitted.

The error is your belief that the rejection of religion is not detrimental when choosing between right and wrong. Kantianism, Aristotelianism, Stoicism are interesting moral philosophies but they are inefficient propagators limiting their relevance. Sure some few atheist may adopt something functional like Stoicism. Many more will likely fill that nothingness with something toxic. The embrace of Hedonism leads us to glorify or at least fail to criticize unhealthy behavior like the dating apocalypse. This destruction of traditional morality is probably the ultimate cause of the dramatic decline in wellbeing and fertility we see in atheists. Forced to choose a new moral code and left to their own devices many atheist choose poorly.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 01:59:10 PM

(Snip)

Your conclusion is unsupported by the data available.

The social sciences have not been shown to be a functional replacement for the common moral code provided by religion. This lack is evidenced by the reduced wellbeing, health and fertility of those who reject the traditional moral code in favor of atheism.

What data available? Self reported surveys? And now you're claiming philosophy is not a science?

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:17:55 PM

What data available? Self reported surveys? And now you're claiming philosophy is not a science?

The studies on fertility, health, and wellbeing reported in the OP.
Is it perfect or level 1A evidence no but it's the data currently available on the topic.

Moloch

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 09:18:06 PM

And now you're claiming philosophy is not a science?

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 09:31:30 PM

The studies on fertility, health, and wellbeing reported in the OP.
Is it perfect or level 1A evidence no but it's the data currently available on the topic.

Just because studies are available doesn't mean you should use them. You're making a very strong statement that requires equally strong proof. Lots of anecdotal evidence != strong proof.

If I was to write "Religion is poison" I can guarantee you my arguments would be watertight, and the only studies I would use to support my argument would be published and peer reviewed research with a valid methodology and adequate statistical analysis.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 09:33:58 PM

And now you're claiming philosophy is not a science?

Hey! Philosophy is *the* science! That's why "the sciences" were originally called "natural sciences", if I remember my undergrad philosophy correctly (don't take that as a given).

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:15:02 AM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I'm rubber you're glue
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pot calling the kettle black

At least be original with your trolling...

Okay, so you didn't say anything.    Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:17:14 AM

I do not know if this is some sort of inside joke but this comment is not helpful.

This thread is about sharing knowledge and helping people. I never make moderated threads and cannot prevent you from posting anything you want but I would kindly ask that if you are not on board with the purpose of this thread that you do not post in it.

Atheism is a different kind of poison than the standard toxic chemical or toxic gas. It takes a different kind of anti-toxin instruction.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:23:02 AM

Cool

So genocide is your Christian solution.  I must say it is inline with your Bible.  Congrats you are following the Bible.  

Since atheists are genociding themselves simply by being atheists, why no be amicable with them, and help them along a little? Oh yes. We want to give them every opportunity to change their minds and be saved for everlasting life in Heaven.

People - especially the children - need more bronze age information now than ever. Why? All the devolution since bronze-age times make the kids so that they almost can't think clearly at all.

Consider. The average Neanderthal was smaller than we, but had almost half again the brain capacity... something like the Roswell aliens.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:26:54 AM

Cool

Well at least he's a good Christian.

Without Atheism there would be nearly no science. Religion is responsible for the darkest ages of humanity and science.

Yet the factual science that I have shown you, which proves God exists, trumps all that theoretical science, that nobody knows exists the way the theories state. You would rather have the make-believe than the reality.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: