Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:39:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Health and Religion  (Read 210804 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Atheism = Poison ? IMO, Religion is poison to the mind but Non-belief is God is the true poison of the soul!!

One of the most poisonous religions is the religion of atheism. It has such a variety of dogma that it seems to not be religion, until you stand it up next to the definition of "religion" and compare.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 09:23:47 PM

Atheism = Poison ? IMO, Religion is poison to the mind but Non-belief is God is the true poison of the soul!!

One of the most poisonous religions is the religion of atheism. It has such a variety of dogma that it seems to not be religion, until you stand it up next to the definition of "religion" and compare.

Cool

There we go. I'm going to start counting the number of times you post your "religion of atheism" bullshit per page. I think I can probably model it, and then you won't even have to post it yourself -- you can just use a bot.

You can thank me later!

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
McDonalds5

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:26:59 PM

Cool

There we go. I'm going to start counting the number of times you post your "religion of atheism" bullshit per page. I think I can probably model it, and then you won't even have to post it yourself -- you can just use a bot.

You can thank me later!

Atheism is a religion. No matter what nonsense atheists claim.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 12:51:42 AM

Cool

You can thank me later!

I -- and most people -- use a definition of 'religion' which includes belief in the supernatural.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous and self contradictory "Church of Atheism" is?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:52:08 AM

Cool

You can thank me later!

Why should I thank you because you learned how to count? Maybe sometime you will learn how to use the things that you count, and you will finally see that atheism is a religion. Of course, that wouldn't mean you would admit it.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:53:17 AM

Cool

You can thank me later!

I -- and most people -- use a definition of 'religion' which includes belief in the supernatural.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous and self contradictory "Church of Atheism" is?

Religion of atheism is right on. And it is easy to see when you look up the definition of religion in the dictionary.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:54:48 AM

Cool

You can thank me later!

Atheists don't make any claims. If you are interested in nonsense, read the Bible.

You mean that all those scientific theorists are theists?    Cheesy Grin Cheesy

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 12:57:27 AM

Cool

You can thank me later!

Why should I thank you because you learned how to count. Maybe sometime you will learn how to use the things that you count, and you will finally see that atheism is a religion. Of course, that wouldn't mean you would admit it.

Cool

If I use some arbitrary countable objects I will see atheism is a religion?

Also, as usual you've misunderstood my post. You can thank me for writing you a chat bot, not for the actual counting (for which I've written a script).

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:59:59 AM

Cool

You can thank me later!

Why should I thank you because you learned how to count. Maybe sometime you will learn how to use the things that you count, and you will finally see that atheism is a religion. Of course, that wouldn't mean you would admit it.

Cool

You are asking me? Why don't you use the dictionary and make a comparison?

Cool

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 01:01:18 AM

Cool

You can thank me later!

Cool

Cool

I'm asking you because arbitrary counting objects don't define religions, in any dictionary. You have made the claim that they do.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 01:05:14 AM

Here's an explanation of why atheism is not a religion, by people who should know:

http://atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism?

Is atheism a form of religion?
Atheism is not a belief system nor is it a religion. While there are some religions that are atheistic (certain sects of Buddhism, for example), that does not mean that atheism is a religion.

mrflibblehat

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:39:16 AM

Is it relevant if atheism is a religion or not? Even if it isn't, of course.
Let's suppose that you're right and it is a religion. It is the religion in which people believe God doesn't exist. So what? People still think the same thing.
It's so weird to believe that somewhere there is a super powerful entity that created man, which is so limited compared to it and that that entity cares for the well-being of each and everyone of us, and still, after seeing all the bad things that happen, to believe that He is good and all the horrible things happening are some sort of master plan. And after all that, after death, there is a place where everyone of us will be happy forever. Happy meaning that heaven will be after the life preferences of each of us.
It just doesn't make sense. You can turn it any way you like. It still won't compute.

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:40:35 AM

Atheism is the acceptance of the following assumption:

Theism cannot be definitively and empirically proven and is therefore untrue.

This assumption leads to the rejection of religion when individual atheist decide that they are unconvinced by the available data. Acceptance of this assumption is an error for the following reasons:

1) Metaphysically because the choice (in isolation) voids the existing moral structure rendering the decision itself morally incoherent.

2) Biologically because a sound moral structure is necessary for a healthy life and rejecting traditional structures appears to reduce health, happiness, and fertility.

3) Anthropologically because religion is a critical and perhaps primary mechanism for overcoming our species-specific upper limit to group size which is set by purely cognitive constraints.

In addition we must consider that the assumption itself may simply be false. Specifically:

Theism may be correct and true even if it cannot be definitively and empirically proven.

Atheism as opposed to agnosticism is a statement of certainty. True belief in an unproven assertion is an act of faith. I will leave it to the reader to decide if this specific act of faith constitutes a religion.

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:50:35 AM

Atheism as opposed to agnosticism is a statement of certainty. True belief in an unproven assertion is an act of faith. I will leave it to the reader to decide if this specific act of faith constitutes a religion.

Atheism and agnostic are not mutually exclusive...

Gnosis has to do with certainty, atheism is a belief (rather, rejection of your beliefs), not a certainty

You can be an Agnostic Atheist or a Gnostic Atheist

Atheists are not required to know for certain that zero gods exist... That is ignorant, uninformed, and makes you look foolish claiming that you know Atheists better than an actual Atheist does

How about you define your religion, and let Atheist define our non-religion in a way that makes sense to those of us who aren't delusional?
 Thanks
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:24:58 AM

I'm not sure about that. The only time I care about religion is when I see BADecker post nonsense. Otherwise I spend no time thinking or caring about religion at all. Is  rejecting even caring about the existence of god atheist or agnostic?

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 07:01:09 AM

Our native built-in moral code may be helpful for daily decisions within local social groups but there is little reason to think it functional when dealing with those outside our local social groups.

Your error is your continued insistence to lay the limitations of humanity on the doorstep of religion when in actual fact religion is a critical and perhaps primary mechanism for overcoming these limitations.

There is plenty of reason to think that it is functional outside of small groups. Every day I experience interactions with people with whom I do not share an in-group relationship, and yet I don't judge them as unreliable and those people don't judge me unreliable.

Religion does not help overcome these problems when they involve out groups. Religions are, by their nature, inward facing.

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:02:52 AM

You can be an Agnostic Atheist or a Gnostic Atheist
How about you define your religion, and let Atheist define our non-religion in a way that makes sense to those of us who aren't delusional?
 Thanks

Moloch you are of course correct that my quoted statement above on certainty would only apply to Gnostic Atheist or "Strong Atheism"

Perhaps we should define some terms. Let's look at wikipedia and the atheism wiki.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.

http://atheism.wikia.com/wiki/Atheist_vs_Agnostic

Some atheists actively believe that no god exists while others hold that neither claim is sufficiently supported to justify acceptance. These positions are often labeled strong atheism and weak atheism, respectively. Additionally, some individuals confuse the weak atheism position with agnosticism. There isn't much difference between weak atheists and agnostics. Agnostics are more likely to feel positive about the possibility that God or a higher power might exist. Weak atheists are more likely to believe that God is improbable and weak atheists focus on living life as if there certainly were no God. Weak atheists are likely to argue that if god/gods exist we can't know what they want from us so we might as well live our lives taking only this world into account.

It's is not my intent to belittle or insult atheists. Indeed for the last 18+ years from my youth when I rejected theism until very recently (about a month ago) I myself would have fallen into the category of agnostic atheists or weak atheism. I recognized the need for a replacement moral code and had adopted Utilitarianism which sounds great in theory but I can tell you from experience its not very functional. My own view is that atheist are by and large highly articulate, responsible and intelligent people who have followed logic into a blind alley. I believe I have demonstrated that logic can also take a different path.

Theism does not require the abandonment of logic and reason. Intellect does not demand you wall yourself off from faith. The choice of belief is not of intellect but of character.

clangtrump

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:16:49 AM

Is it relevant if atheism is a religion or not? Even if it isn't, of course.
Let's suppose that you're right and it is a religion. It is the religion in which people believe God doesn't exist. So what? People still think the same thing.
It's so weird to believe that somewhere there is a super powerful entity that created man, which is so limited compared to it and that that entity cares for the well-being of each and everyone of us, and still, after seeing all the bad things that happen, to believe that He is good and all the horrible things happening are some sort of master plan. And after all that, after death, there is a place where everyone of us will be happy forever. Happy meaning that heaven will be after the life preferences of each of us.
It just doesn't make sense. You can turn it any way you like. It still won't compute.

It's on an individual can see a certain perspective. As an atheist who grew up from religious neighborhood, they would just block your perspective and give what they want you to believe.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:42:56 AM

Cool

You can thank me later!

Cool

Cool

I'm asking you because arbitrary counting objects don't define religions, in any dictionary. You have made the claim that they do.

But it may be the other way around, depending on who is using arbitrary counting objects ( whatever is meant by that) for whatever they are using them for.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:45:07 AM

Here's an explanation of why atheism is not a religion, by people who should know:

http://atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism?

Is atheism a form of religion?
Atheism is not a belief system nor is it a religion. While there are some religions that are atheistic (certain sects of Buddhism, for example), that does not mean that atheism is a religion.

Of course atheists are going to explain what they are and are not according to some predefined dogma. The fact that they do this shows that atheism is a religion without having to use even the dictionary.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: