Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:21:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Health and Religion  (Read 210795 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1365

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 02:04:25 PM

Part of the point is, however long you live in  this life, it is short compared with eternity. Get right with eternity, 'cause it is a long time to live there in a wretched, pathetic state.

In addition, if you are right with eternity, you will be a lot more comfortable and happy in this life, just for FEELING that you are right with eternity.

Cool

I do not believe in your version of the afterlife and I feel pretty darn comfortable with my eternity. Do you, knowing if you have made the wrong choice you face an eternity in your Hell?

After all, you are the one who has not followed your God's words exact;y as I have pointed out to you many times!

As I have shown you, I follow God's words exactly, because I follow them in Jesus. As God says, believing in Jesus is the thing - and really the only thing - that allows anyone to follow God's words exactly. The perfection of Jesus - the Guy Who followed God's words exactly - is applied to me through faith in Him. This means that even if I don't follow God's words exactly, I do follow them exactly in Jesus.

God says it. Jesus says it. I do it... in Jesus. You are mistaken. It is you who are not following God's words exactly.

Regarding versions of eternal life...

Nobody who didn't have a death wish for himself, would do something that might kill himself, right? So, why do people die in car accidents? Why do they die in hospitals? Why do they die in wars? Very few (if any) of these people have a death wish for themselves.

They die because they made a mistake about a benefit they expected to receive. A car accident wasn't expected. It just happened. Death in the hospital was the reverse of what was being looked for. The soldier who dies was really hoping to help his nation and other people, and to receive a little pay for doing it. None of these people wanted to die. And if they knew they were going to die, they would have done things a different way.

The point? Feeling comfortable isn't what counts. Recognizing the truth and the facts is.

You keep trying to show me how I am not following God's words. I keep showing you that I am. I have the reference that shows that I am, even though there are many references that appear to show that I am not. Who are these "not" reference for? They are for the people who do not do the thing that covers, and essentially voids, all the "not" references. They are for people like you.

You are the one who is not obeying God, simply because you do not accept Jesus salvation, the only thing that can make the despicable life of any person to be pure. When you attempt to apply disobedience of God to me, you are doing so because you are drawing from yourself. When I apply obedience of God to myself, I do so because I apply Jesus righteous obedience to myself, as God tells me. Jesus righteousness covers/removes/voids all disobedience against God's words.

I am righteous in Jesus righteousness. God said so. Apparently you are not... and God said this as well. But, you can change.

Cool

How nice.... you don't have to do anything other than have Faith in a fairy tale? Wow..... that is super cool.

Using that logic you can do whatever you like..... go against your god and just because you believe in something makes it right..... WOW.... that is amazing!

You have just acknowledged that you have references which show you not following your gods commands and in the same sentence admit that there are references which show you are not..... ironic that you only choose to follow the ones which make you feel good? It is good to see that you acknowledge your holy book is full of false comments and contradictions..... pity you still believe and want others to follow your beliefs.

I choose not to believe in fairy tales...... because they are not real!

I hope Santa brings you many wonderful presents on Christmas Day when he comes down your chimney!

You are entirely right, and you are very mistaken, as well. Here's how.

You are exactly right if you state that faith in Jesus covers all wrongdoing. And you are entirely wrong when you state that Jesus salvation is a fairy tale. History and logic of the Bible prove that Jesus salvation is the opposite of a fairy tale. Simply because you haven't examined the history, or simply because you might be illogical enough that you don't accept the history as truth, doesn't mean the history of the bible is not factual.

Faith, how do we maintain it. If we have faith in the all-pervading salvation of Jesus, we only maintain it by attempting to do what is right. This does not suggest that we actually do everything right. The doing only helps maintain our faith in Jesus. Intentionally doing wrong weakens our faith in Jesus. Doing wrong enough might destroy our faith entirely.

Yet, as long as faith is Jesus salvation is alive, all our wrongdoing is covered as though it did not exist.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:42:59 AM

Part of the point is, however long you live in  this life, it is short compared with eternity. Get right with eternity, 'cause it is a long time to live there in a wretched, pathetic state.

In addition, if you are right with eternity, you will be a lot more comfortable and happy in this life, just for FEELING that you are right with eternity.

Cool

I do not believe in your version of the afterlife and I feel pretty darn comfortable with my eternity. Do you, knowing if you have made the wrong choice you face an eternity in your Hell?

After all, you are the one who has not followed your God's words exact;y as I have pointed out to you many times!

As I have shown you, I follow God's words exactly, because I follow them in Jesus. As God says, believing in Jesus is the thing - and really the only thing - that allows anyone to follow God's words exactly. The perfection of Jesus - the Guy Who followed God's words exactly - is applied to me through faith in Him. This means that even if I don't follow God's words exactly, I do follow them exactly in Jesus.

God says it. Jesus says it. I do it... in Jesus. You are mistaken. It is you who are not following God's words exactly.

Nobody who didn't have a death wish for himself, would do something that might kill himself, right? So, why do people die in car accidents? Why do they die in hospitals? Why do they die in wars? Very few (if any) of these people have a death wish for themselves.

They die because they made a mistake about a benefit they expected to receive. A car accident wasn't expected. It just happened. Death in the hospital was the reverse of what was being looked for. The soldier who dies was really hoping to help his nation and other people, and to receive a little pay for doing it. None of these people wanted to die. And if they knew they were going to die, they would have done things a different way.

The point? Feeling comfortable isn't what counts. Recognizing the truth and the facts is.

You keep trying to show me how I am not following God's words. I keep showing you that I am. I have the reference that shows that I am, even though there are many references that appear to show that I am not. Who are these "not" reference for? They are for the people who do not do the thing that covers, and essentially voids, all the "not" references. They are for people like you.

You are the one who is not obeying God, simply because you do not accept Jesus salvation, the only thing that can make the despicable life of any person to be pure. When you attempt to apply disobedience of God to me, you are doing so because you are drawing from yourself. When I apply obedience of God to myself, I do so because I apply Jesus righteous obedience to myself, as God tells me. Jesus righteousness covers/removes/voids all disobedience against God's words.

I am righteous in Jesus righteousness. God said so. Apparently you are not... and God said this as well. But, you can change.

Cool

How nice.... you don't have to do anything other than have Faith in a fairy tale? Wow..... that is super cool.

Using that logic you can do whatever you like..... go against your god and just because you believe in something makes it right..... WOW.... that is amazing!

You have just acknowledged that you have references which show you not following your gods commands and in the same sentence admit that there are references which show you are not..... ironic that you only choose to follow the ones which make you feel good? It is good to see that you acknowledge your holy book is full of false comments and contradictions..... pity you still believe and want others to follow your beliefs.

I hope Santa brings you many wonderful presents on Christmas Day when he comes down your chimney!

You are exactly right if you state that faith in Jesus covers all wrongdoing. And you are entirely wrong when you state that Jesus salvation is a fairy tale. History and logic of the Bible prove that Jesus salvation is the opposite of a fairy tale. Simply because you haven't examined the history, or simply because you might be illogical enough that you don't accept the history as truth, doesn't mean the history of the bible is not factual.

Faith, how do we maintain it. If we have faith in the all-pervading salvation of Jesus, we only maintain it by attempting to do what is right. This does not suggest that we actually do everything right. The doing only helps maintain our faith in Jesus. Intentionally doing wrong weakens our faith in Jesus. Doing wrong enough might destroy our faith entirely.

Yet, as long as faith is Jesus salvation is alive, all our wrongdoing is covered as though it did not exist.

Cool

but if you state and claim that god is real and whatnot, how can you have faith if you know he's there and will aid you? You don't need faith in that case.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 02:47:04 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool

but if you state and claim that god is real and whatnot, how can you have faith if you know he's there and will aid you? You don't need faith in that case.

Again? How silly can you get? Don't show us, please.

I know you exist.

I can't have much faith in anything you say.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 12:18:53 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

I know you exist.

Cool

You know he exists because i can see what he types. I have never seen your god therefore he does not exist.

We have less faith in your words than you believe. We just choose to continue discussing hoping you will be enlightened to you own faults.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 02:09:42 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool

I know you exist.

Cool

You know he exists because i can see what he types. I have never seen your god therefore he does not exist.

We have less faith in your words than you believe. We just choose to continue discussing hoping you will be enlightened to you own faults.

Since God is a spirit, one sees God with his spirit and understanding. Obviously, you are spiritually blind, and weak in understanding.

Cool

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:39:44 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2016, 04:06:23 AM by CoinCube

A Jewish Spiritual Perspective on Psychopathology and Psychotherapy: A Clinician’s View
http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/icb.topic545404.files/14977222.pdf
By: Israela Meyerstein

Research has shown that religion is an important aspect of patients’ lives (Levin, 2001). Dr. David Larson, citing 350 studies on spirituality, describes religion as the ‘‘forgotten factor’’ in physical and mental health (Larson et al., 1997; Larson, 2001). Religion has been found to reduce the impact of stress through providing coping skills, social support, a coherent world view, meaning, and a less risky life style (Pargament, 1997; Pargament et al., 1998). The psychological and physiological benefits of prayer have led to its identification as the ‘‘faith factor’’ in healing (Benson, 1996; Matthews, 1998).
Judaism views the human being as an integrated whole, with a focus on the body and the spirit. There is a keen awareness that emotions affect the body and vice versa; therefore, helping interventions must address both. G-d created man and woman in His image. Inside each person is a divine spark, perhaps our ‘‘identity,’’ or that which makes us unique. Our challenge as therapists is often to preserve, strengthen, or restore identity that has been compromised by trauma.
How does Judaism regard mental illness? The Hebrew work ‘‘choleh’’ (‘‘ill’’) is related to the word for emptiness or hollowness. According to the Talmud (Soncino Talmud, 1936), one who is depressed is said to have brittle bones, as mind and body are connected. It has been said that ‘‘soul loss,’’ or the exis- tential despair of meaninglessness (Frankl, 1965), is a source of physical and mental illness. ‘‘Meaninglessness . . . is the equivalent to illness", according to Jung (Jaffe, 1965).

MaryAngela_Fantocci

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:33:57 AM

There are many persons intelligent and religious at same time.
But there are many people that so lazy and blinkered - they choose to follow for someone, they need the leader (religion in our example) that will be say how to live and it will be only one right way. For these people are easy to be religious.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
pseexh

Activity: 301

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:06:08 PM

But there are many people that so lazy and blinkered - they choose to follow for someone, they need the leader (religion in our example) that will be say how to live and it will be only one right way. For these people are easy to be religious.
If the person is smart he will never believe that which he does not find convincing evidence. And he doesn't believe in God. A lot of people really don't, but in order not to stand out from the others pretend to believe.
MaryAngela_Fantocci

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:19:02 PM

If the person is smart he will never believe that which he does not find convincing evidence. And he doesn't believe in God. A lot of people really don't, but in order not to stand out from the others pretend to believe.

Most of religions says that God inside each of us. So there no reasons to searching convincing evidence..

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
beafheart

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:25:27 PM

Most of religions says that God inside each of us. So there no reasons to searching convincing evidence..

I would agree, if religion recognized the existence of billions of gods. Each person has his own. But every religion recognizes one God. And achieves the subordination to him of all people. I don't agree.
MaryAngela_Fantocci

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:42:03 PM

I would agree, if religion recognized the existence of billions of gods. Each person has his own. But every religion recognizes one God. And achieves the subordination to him of all people. I don't agree.
I think you are so quickly move from issue to issue without deep discussion
Do you read about Jiddu Krishnamurti?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Prohodimec

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:15:48 PM

I think you are so quickly move from issue to issue without deep discussion
Do you read about Jiddu Krishnamurti?
I did not read what? It's probably someone from the hare Krishnas or Buddhists. These religions are in my opinion the least hostile to humans, but it does not mean that they are not detrimental. Any religion inhibits a person teaches to obey. For me it's not acceptable

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████
████    █ ███████    ██ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    █ ▄▄▄ ███    ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    █ ███ ███    ██ █████ █████
████    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█    ██ █████ █████
████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀████
▄▄▄▄                            ▄▄▄
█████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████
 ████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████
   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀   
bluenote.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

█▀▀▀█▀▄
█   █  ▀▄
█   ▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▀▀█▀▄   █
█  █  ▀▄ █
█  ▀▀▀▀█ █
█ ▀▀▀▀ █▄█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Summary
WhitePaper
stats

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 02:31:52 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

I know you exist.

Cool

Since God is a spirit, one sees God with his spirit and understanding. Obviously, you are spiritually blind, and weak in understanding.

Cool

Since god doesnt exist, you are delusional and weak in the mind.
btvlGainer

Activity: 206

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 02:45:47 PM

Maybe if there were no fairy tales about the afterlife, and terrorists Muslims would be less. These dumb bastards blow themselves up on city streets to get to heaven and forever to fuck with women. Morons!!!
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 02:53:12 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2016, 07:53:13 PM by CoinCube

"There are two important indeed fundamental questions you have to answer in life.
1: Is there a God specifically a moral and judging creator?
2: Are people basically good?"

The video below is an interesting and very well done 5 minute clip by Dennis Prager that attempts to both answer the second question and explore its implications.

https://www.prageru.com/courses/political-science/are-people-born-good

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:51:59 PM

U.S. Life Expectancy Declines For The First Time In Decades
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/12/08/has-us-life-expectancy-maxed-out-first-decline-since-1993/95134818/

U.S. life expectancy dipped by about a month last year from 2014, to 78.8 years, according to a report from the National Center for Health Statistics. It's the first decline in more than two decades. And after years of gains, U.S. life expectancy has been essentially flat for a few years, which means an inauspicious trend could be in the works.
Gender matters. For males, life expectancy fell to 76.3 years from 76.5 years. For women, life expectancy decreased to 81.2, down about 0.1 year from 2014.
Heart disease and cancer are the runaway top killers. The death rate from heart disease increased almost 1%. The death rate from cancer actually fell 1.7%.

Heart disease rates are probably a function of the U.S. obesity epidemic, Donald Lloyd-Jones, head of preventive medicine at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine, told the Wall Street Journal. Obesity is blamed for increases in rates of hypertension, diabetes and other heart-related problems.

“We’re reaping what we’ve sown,” Lloyd-Jone said. “It’s a clear causal chain.”

Kvazimoda

Activity: 287

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 08:00:20 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/12/08/has-us-life-expectancy-maxed-out-first-decline-since-1993/95134818/

U.S. life expectancy dipped by about a month last year from 2014, to 78.8 years, according to a report from the National Center for Health Statistics. It's the first decline in more than two decades. And after years of gains, U.S. life expectancy has been essentially flat for a few years, which means an inauspicious trend could be in the works.
Gender matters. For males, life expectancy fell to 76.3 years from 76.5 years. For women, life expectancy decreased to 81.2, down about 0.1 year from 2014.
Heart disease and cancer are the runaway top killers. The death rate from heart disease increased almost 1%. The death rate from cancer actually fell 1.7%.

Heart disease rates are probably a function of the U.S. obesity epidemic, Donald Lloyd-Jones, head of preventive medicine at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine, told the Wall Street Journal. Obesity is blamed for increases in rates of hypertension, diabetes and other heart-related problems.

When the world faces a crisis, an increasing number of revolutions and a growing discontent with the existing situation in the world. This situation contributes to the aggravation of the nerves, which in turn leads to increased cardiovascular disease and reduced life expectancy.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 09:05:56 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

I know you exist.

Cool

Cool

God exists:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380.

Cool

Mario274

Activity: 158

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 09:35:16 PM

When the world faces a crisis, an increasing number of revolutions and a growing discontent with the existing situation in the world. This situation contributes to the aggravation of the nerves, which in turn leads to increased cardiovascular disease and reduced life expectancy.

Yes, in times of crisis, the sharp increase in mortality. All are worried about the future. Perhaps at such times believers find comfort in religion and they experience less stress
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:02:05 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool

I know you exist.

Cool

Cool

God exists:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380.

Cool

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/amazing-spider-man-movie-poster.jpg

Spiderman exists.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: