Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:01:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Health and Religion  (Read 210795 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1365

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:58:59 AM

The problem is, that god can do something about it, he can do anything, can't he? If I know that my house will get burned tomorrow and I can prevent it then I will just prevent it, it makes no sense to not do anything about it knowing it's going to happen and then get angry, why would I be angry? It makes no sense as I said. God makes no sense.

If I knew my kids will mess up their lives and I can do something to help them then I will just do something to help them, considering god can do anything then again makes no sense.

This is exactly the point. God made Jesus salvation to help his children. God's anger begins with frustration, and ends with departure.

Why is God frustrated? Because He made the way out for Astargath, and Astargath simply won't accept.

Astargath: Me wanna do it my way. Why God not let me do it my way? Sure, God made it all and owns it all, but God bad because He not let me do it my way.

Things work the way they work. Be glad God made a way out for you, and accept it.

Cool

He would have made them smarter to not commit sin in the first place (And why did he even test them in the first place if he already knew they would fail, like why tell them not to eat from that tree when he already knew). As I said, god is either stupid or doesn't exist (the second option seems the best). A god cannot be frustrated or angry or really have any other emotion. A god would not have emotions because that would also make no sense. How can you be frustrated when you can literally change and do anything? Do you not see that? What can you be angry about if you already know everything?

Don't you ever like a challenge? Don't you play basketball with your friends? Perhaps you struggle with a game of chess, now and again.

God can literally change anything and do anything. But He wanted something where He might have to give His all. And that is what He did when He made people.

People used their tiny amount of power that God gave them, to damn themselves. They did it by not obeying God regarding the fruit of the tree. They could have obeyed. But they chose not to. And death was the result. The kind of death real death is, is damnation. God even warned them about it.

Then God changed things. It was a struggle for Him. But in His almighty power, He DID change things. He brought Jesus salvation into being for those damned people. Now they don't have to be damned any longer.

But, at the same time, God didn't change the one thing that He set out to create in people... people with a free will to accept God or reject Him. So, use your free will to accept God by accepting the way out for you... Jesus salvation. If you don't, you have used your free will to bring final damnation destruction on yourself.

After all, it is what it is. You can't be changed to be a robot without a soul. If you were, damnation wouldn't affect you. Accept life. Accept Jesus salvation.

Cool

There is no free will if everything is already written and god knows what's going to happen.

Since you were programmed to say that, I guess there isn't. But there can be... even for you... like there is for all the sincere Christians.

Cool

Then how will god prevent humans from doing bad things once they get to heaven?

My son. If you really want answers like that, you will have to become a believer so you can go there and find out.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
harimauagam

Activity: 410
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:21:23 PM

Health and religion is a close relationship, because religion teaches us about keeping clean and physical and non-physical health. So religion teaches us to pay attention also to the eating we consume and religion also teaches that life should not be excessive in any way.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:29:47 PM

The problem is, that god can do something about it, he can do anything, can't he? If I know that my house will get burned tomorrow and I can prevent it then I will just prevent it, it makes no sense to not do anything about it knowing it's going to happen and then get angry, why would I be angry? It makes no sense as I said. God makes no sense.

If I knew my kids will mess up their lives and I can do something to help them then I will just do something to help them, considering god can do anything then again makes no sense.

This is exactly the point. God made Jesus salvation to help his children. God's anger begins with frustration, and ends with departure.

Why is God frustrated? Because He made the way out for Astargath, and Astargath simply won't accept.

Astargath: Me wanna do it my way. Why God not let me do it my way? Sure, God made it all and owns it all, but God bad because He not let me do it my way.

Things work the way they work. Be glad God made a way out for you, and accept it.

Cool

He would have made them smarter to not commit sin in the first place (And why did he even test them in the first place if he already knew they would fail, like why tell them not to eat from that tree when he already knew). As I said, god is either stupid or doesn't exist (the second option seems the best). A god cannot be frustrated or angry or really have any other emotion. A god would not have emotions because that would also make no sense. How can you be frustrated when you can literally change and do anything? Do you not see that? What can you be angry about if you already know everything?

Don't you ever like a challenge? Don't you play basketball with your friends? Perhaps you struggle with a game of chess, now and again.

God can literally change anything and do anything. But He wanted something where He might have to give His all. And that is what He did when He made people.

People used their tiny amount of power that God gave them, to damn themselves. They did it by not obeying God regarding the fruit of the tree. They could have obeyed. But they chose not to. And death was the result. The kind of death real death is, is damnation. God even warned them about it.

Then God changed things. It was a struggle for Him. But in His almighty power, He DID change things. He brought Jesus salvation into being for those damned people. Now they don't have to be damned any longer.

But, at the same time, God didn't change the one thing that He set out to create in people... people with a free will to accept God or reject Him. So, use your free will to accept God by accepting the way out for you... Jesus salvation. If you don't, you have used your free will to bring final damnation destruction on yourself.

After all, it is what it is. You can't be changed to be a robot without a soul. If you were, damnation wouldn't affect you. Accept life. Accept Jesus salvation.

Cool

There is no free will if everything is already written and god knows what's going to happen.

Since you were programmed to say that, I guess there isn't. But there can be... even for you... like there is for all the sincere Christians.

Cool

My son. If you really want answers like that, you will have to become a believer so you can go there and find out.

Cool

I was a believer and I got no answers to anything. I read the bible fully and I understood that it was just nonsense. My grandma always used to say she was praying for this or for that and yet her prayers never worked and she has always been a believer. It was clear to me that at that point God didn't exist or he was just evil. There is no point in all the suffering that happens here when he has the power to stop it. Specially the suffering of innocent people, children that are born with diseases and illness without having done anything bad. It shows that god does not exist.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:41:27 PM

Health and religion is a close relationship, because religion teaches us about keeping clean and physical and non-physical health. So religion teaches us to pay attention also to the eating we consume and religion also teaches that life should not be excessive in any way.
Are you talking about longevity? But how then can you control or regulate it? It's not possible, If you do not come up with ways to stop life.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 03:00:01 PM

Watch Christianity’s 2,016-year spread, in just 90 seconds

https://aleteia.org/2017/03/22/watch-christianitys-2016-year-spread-in-just-90-seconds/
This animated map charts the course of Christianity's growth around the world, from the Apostles' time to our own.

This animated cartography, courtesy of the Western Conservatory, is a striking graphic representation of one of the most important movements in the history of mankind: the spread of Christianity.

The animated map not only shows, in chronological order, the nations that adopted Christianity as a national religion, or regions in which Christianity became statistically the religion with the greatest number of adherents, but also the places where enough historical and archaeological evidence was gathered as to affirm that, at some point, there was indeed a Christian presence in the area. That is, the map includes the first journeys of the apostles and the outward-reaching margins of the early Church.

See Link Below For Animated Map:

https://vimeo.com/113801439

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:21:07 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

I was a believer and I got no answers to anything. I read the bible fully and I understood that it was just nonsense. My grandma always used to say she was praying for this or for that and yet her prayers never worked and she has always been a believer. It was clear to me that at that point God didn't exist or he was just evil. There is no point in all the suffering that happens here when he has the power to stop it. Specially the suffering of innocent people, children that are born with diseases and illness without having done anything bad. It shows that god does not exist.

Sounds like you missed a lot in your Bible reading.

In the end, there will be a new universe with joy and perfection. This one will be destroyed right down to its bottom, basic roots, and all the imperfection with it. It will never be "remembered or brought to mind" again... as though it had never existed.

Above all, for you, there is your freedom to choose which part you will be part of. Take your pick. But if you choose destruction, test it out first by, say, cutting off your fingers, one at a time, with a dull knife. The pain of total destruction in the Lake of Fire is going to be a whole lot worse, and forever, because eternity has been placed in our hearts. Is that what you want?

At the same time, consider something in your life that gives you pleasure and joy. Consider never having pleasure and joy for an eternity of time. Is pleasure and joy something that you want to miss out on?

The new universe, and the destruction of the old, are Biblical.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Astargath

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:25:26 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

In the end, there will be a new universe with joy and perfection. This one will be destroyed right down to its bottom, basic roots, and all the imperfection with it. It will never be "remembered or brought to mind" again... as though it had never existed.

Above all, for you, there is your freedom to choose which part you will be part of. Take your pick. But if you choose destruction, test it out first by, say, cutting off your fingers, one at a time, with a dull knife. The pain of total destruction in the Lake of Fire is going to be a whole lot worse, and forever, because eternity has been placed in our hearts. Is that what you want?

At the same time, consider something in your life that gives you pleasure and joy. Consider never having pleasure and joy for an eternity of time. Is pleasure and joy something that you want to miss out on?

Cool

God simply could have made the perfect universe from the start.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:30:34 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

God simply DID make the perfect universe from the start. Perfection includes the ability for people to make choices. People decided on their own to create the imperfection.

Cool

Astargath

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:40:07 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

God simply DID make the perfect universe from the start. Perfection includes the ability for people to make choices. People decided on their own to create the imperfection.

Cool

Who says perfection includes the ability for people to make choices, it obviously doesn't because people as you said created the imperfection, therefore god should have made humans perfect and flawless.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:03:41 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Who says perfection includes the ability for people to make choices, it obviously doesn't because people as you said created the imperfection, therefore god should have made humans perfect and flawless.

If there is no ability to make choices, then there is no way for you to suggest perfection or imperfection.

Cool

PanGiMoon

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:02:07 PM

If we talk about health and people, and also about the earpiece, a confirmation of the fact that some moments of religious rituals affect human health, you still seem to make sense of this. It seems to me that those who hold fasts and example bathe in the winter on Epiphany in icy water, has slightly better health than others.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:27:37 PM

The problem with religion is that it tries to brainwash you. It never explains anything, it just states things. God did it, God made it, never explaining anything. There is nothing healthy about religion. It's in fact poisonous to your mind. Almost no one picks his religion, you are just indoctrinated that way. 99.9% of people believe in what they believe because their family just told them that, they never stopped to actually look into it.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 11:44:23 PM

The problem with religion is that it tries to brainwash you. It never explains anything, it just states things. God did it, God made it, never explaining anything. There is nothing healthy about religion. It's in fact poisonous to your mind. Almost no one picks his religion, you are just indoctrinated that way. 99.9% of people believe in what they believe because their family just told them that, they never stopped to actually look into it.

Well, actually there were several things explained. The things that were explained were the things that could be understood. These things are the things that happened to people who did or didn't obey God. The Bible is full of these explanations.

The tricky thing has to do with science. If you accept the proof of science things, science is not a religion. But if there is no proof, and yet science is believed to be true, science has become a religion to its believers.

We are finding out what happens when the science religion is adhered to rather than the God religion. There will be more, and it won't be fun. Why not? The God religion is way stronger. The only way we can understand the God religion strength, is to watch for the results.

Cool

IadixDev

Activity: 322
Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 12:27:54 AM

From neurology, the concept of health has lot to do with the mind or nervous system capacity to link perception of environment and inner state / physiology.

It's not very hard to see how understanding of self and "intelligence" play out in survival and maintaining the biological system healthy , and how negative emotion , stress, anger have negative effect on health.

In cognitive therapy they put lot of importance in the connection between belief, emotional state, and general health.

Early spiritualists knew this connection very well, it's found all into budhism, yoga, Shamanism etc.

One would say goal of religious practice is to refine those belief to get better health.

Actually there is a lot in aryuveda & yogic teaching confirmed by science and neurology.

I would even go as far as to say science is only scratching the surface of what is known by spiritualists or yogi since dawn of time.

joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:12:21 AM

I'm a christian and I don't hate atheists. I can't actually remember when was the last time I felt hate, probably back when I was still an atheist and slave to my emotions like Moloch is today

Did you seriously just say you don't hate Atheists, then in the next sentence slander me?

The hypocrisy is getting thick, and we're still on the first page... slow down hoss
Actually, We knew that hating someone is not a good thing to be apply into our lives. Even though, most of the atheist are boastful and arrogant but we need to understand them which shows that we loved our neighbor as we loved ourselves.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:02:55 AM

Well, actually there were several things explained. The things that were explained were the things that could be understood. These things are the things that happened to people who did or didn't obey God. The Bible is full of these explanations.

The tricky thing has to do with science. If you accept the proof of science things, science is not a religion. But if there is no proof, and yet science is believed to be true, science has become a religion to its believers.

We are finding out what happens when the science religion is adhered to rather than the God religion. There will be more, and it won't be fun. Why not? The God religion is way stronger. The only way we can understand the God religion strength, is to watch for the results.

Cool

Nothing is explained in the bible. It never explains what the universe is or how god made it, it doesn't explain what planets are or stars. It doesn't have any meaningful information about anything. It's just stories and god did it, god made it. Pointless.
IadixDev

Activity: 322
Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 11:58:40 AM

Cool

Nothing is explained in the bible. It never explains what the universe is or how god made it, it doesn't explain what planets are or stars. It doesn't have any meaningful information about anything. It's just stories and god did it, god made it. Pointless.

Genesis have the correct chronology Smiley

First light  ( big Bang )

Then stars , planets, plants, animal, humans.

No problem with science here.

And the same chronology is found in hinduism/Vedas.

It show the steps of the making, the chronology, etc.

How could they figure this out 3000 year Ago ?

Lots of big scientists studied the bible ( newton, einstein )

And there is the same thing with neurology .

Science is always in trouble with self understanding due to gallilean view of objective truth that remove subjectivity from the equation, and health / psychology is very subjective.

Cant study consciousness with objectivity Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 12:04:40 PM

Cool

Is there any thing that you could potentially NOT understand? For example, can you understand all the operations of heat and electron and molecule flow that make any particular leaf sway in the wind the way it individually does? If you understand a little of it, does that mean you could understand much of it? What about the far weaker understanding that many other people have?

The Bible wasn't written to explain all the workings of God, some of which would not be able to be translated into understandable language. The Bible was written as an overview for many things. If it had been written to be a detailed explanation, your name and a description of your life would be in there, along with all the rest of the people. And the Bible would be bigger than the whole earth.

As for planets and stars, the Bible DOES tell how God made them. He spoke them into existence.

The Bible has some of the most useful information within it. It shows the best simple living laws. In Exodus and Deuteronomy, the laws that make living this life in the best way are expressed.

What else is shown? Examples of what happens to people when they live or do not live according these basic laws is shown throughout the Old Testament.

The most important thing that the WHOLE Bible is about is the salvation from death, and the only way to get that salvation - believing in Jesus. There is no other book that shows this except that the info has been extracted from the Bible. Science is so far away from finding this out on its own, that science is essentially a little blind kind playing in the mud.

Nobody is capable of understanding the things of God, and certainly not in detail. After all, the kid in the mud has already developed computerization that he can't understand the calculations of. Yet, this computerization is so much less that the capabilities of God - universal cause and effect prove this out - that there is no way for people to understand God. So, why write about them in the Bible?

Read what I am writing here, and wake up... even if you don't like it.

Cool

Love!

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 12:53:50 PM

From neurology, the concept of health has lot to do with the mind or nervous system capacity to link perception of environment and inner state / physiology.

It's not very hard to see how understanding of self and "intelligence" play out in survival and maintaining the biological system healthy , and how negative emotion , stress, anger have negative effect on health.

In cognitive therapy they put lot of importance in the connection between belief, emotional state, and general health.

Early spiritualists knew this connection very well, it's found all into budhism, yoga, Shamanism etc.

One would say goal of religious practice is to refine those belief to get better health.

Actually there is a lot in aryuveda & yogic teaching confirmed by science and neurology.

I would even go as far as to say science is only scratching the surface of what is known by spiritualists or yogi since dawn of time.

Thank you for sharing those insights and observations. It' i good to see someone else believing what I do, no matter how un-mainstream it is. 
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 01:02:02 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2017, 02:25:11 PM by BADecker

Cool

Is there any thing that you could potentially NOT understand? For example, can you understand all the operations of heat and electron and molecule flow that make any particular leaf sway in the wind the way it individually does? If you understand a little of it, does that mean you could understand much of it? What about the far weaker understanding that many other people have?

The Bible wasn't written to explain all the workings of God, some of which would not be able to be translated into understandable language. The Bible was written as an overview for many things. If it had been written to be a detailed explanation, your name and a description of your life would be in there, along with all the rest of the people. And the Bible would be bigger than the whole earth.

As for planets and stars, the Bible DOES tell how God made them. He spoke them into existence.

The Bible has some of the most useful information within it. It shows the best simple living laws. In Exodus and Deuteronomy, the laws that make living this life in the best way are expressed.

What else is shown? Examples of what happens to people when they live or do not live according these basic laws is shown throughout the Old Testament.

The most important thing that the WHOLE Bible is about is the salvation from death, and the only way to get that salvation - believing in Jesus. There is no other book that shows this except that the info has been extracted from the Bible. Science is so far away from finding this out on its own, that science is essentially a little blind kind playing in the mud.

Nobody is capable of understanding the things of God, and certainly not in detail. After all, the kid in the mud has already developed computerization that he can't understand the calculations of. Yet, this computerization is so much less that the capabilities of God - universal cause and effect prove this out - that there is no way for people to understand God. So, why write about them in the Bible?

Read what I am writing here, and wake up... even if you don't like it.

Cool

Bible describes a world view of Bronze Age people.  Nothing more nothing less.  If you think otherwise, you are delusional.

There is a reason why Bible does not talk about DNA, stem cell research, evolution, distant galaxies, solar system, vaccines, nano technology or crypto currencies.

Bible shows the way that living works. It shows this by showing the examples of what happens to people who follow, and those who don't follow the laws of the Bible. Since people are still made of of flesh and blood, and soul, mind and spirit, the laws of the Bible still apply to people.

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: