Bitcoin Forum
August 03, 2024, 02:42:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This message was too old and has been purged  (Read 12639 times)
haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:54:58 PM

No new investments since yesterday. While I'm happy about my bigger share on one side, I'd be haopy if the sum would exceed 100BTC on the other side. So that you have more funds for development  Undecided
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:02:31 PM

Hi,
do you need german translation (for some ELC)?

best regards
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:13:54 PM

No new investments since yesterday. While I'm happy about my bigger share on one side, I'd be haopy if the sum would exceed 100BTC on the other side. So that you have more funds for development  Undecided

I think more will come in once everything is figured out (like if it's mathematically possible this thing will work) and a dev team is announced. Still following the coin, just not willing to jump in until I know the coin could actually be made. Although by then the changing rewards could be an issue for me.
BlockchainDynamics

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:02:31 PM

Hi we were talking a little bit about Elastic coin on our podcast last night.  It seems like one of the most technologically ambitious coins announced recently and we were having some trouble understanding the details.  The white paper is kind of over our heads.  We were wondering if anyone would want to come and say a few words about Elastic coin next weekend on our show.  Just describe what the project is about and whatever else you might want to say.

You can checkout our chat about Elastic coin at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1379730.msg14041973#msg14041973 Elastic coin is discussed at 16:13:00 .

We will be watching your project with interest!
P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:06:10 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 09:18:29 AM by P-Funk

Typo under Foreign pubkey box on this page: http://elastic.pro/send.html

ETH -> ELC

On that same page, I'd change this word:

How many ELC do you want to transfer? You can use up to 6 digits after the comma decimal point.

Typo in thread OP, third paragraph:

Imagine you could move from the traditional cluster and
decide to have your tasks solved by the Elastic Coin network for as low as a few ETC coins.

ETC -> ELC
Dink

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 01:33:14 PM

first line,... p2p through the Web.
third line elastic coin SDK....spell out SDK
last line - by the miners.  All at a fair and market driven price.
Dazza

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:56:25 PM

Dazza, what do you think about the "submitting PoW transactions increase your chances to find a PoS block" approach?
Do you think we can used that as some sort of basis?

At least the FAA attack (assuming linear speedup) cannot give you godlike powers (as the 51% attack does in Bitcoin) but can only give you at most a linear (i think we could also go for logarithmic or square root) increase in the probability to find a block successfully.

Pure PoS has its own version of the 51% attack - an attacker with 51% of the coins can subvert the consensus.  He doesn't have to own them outright, only control them for PoS purposes.  Online wallets present the same centralisation risk as mining pools do for PoW.

When you says "submitting PoW transactions increase your chances to find a PoS block" do you mean the buyer or the miner gets the enhanced chance?  Arguably it doesn't really matter any attacker is likely to be both.  He will arrange that his coin is spent only on his own miners.

How does proof of storage work?
P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:54:41 AM

I've looked a bit more into this, and I wish you the best with this project Evil-Knievel, but I think it's too early to ask for crowdfunding donations when major concepts of how this will work aren't laid down yet.
Evil-Knievel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:40:47 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 12:16:31 PM by Evil-Knievel

This message was too old and has been purged
SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:28:51 AM

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier but it would be better if all 5 million coins end up distributed no matter how much BTC end up donated. As it is now, based on BTC value, 7.69 % coins should be distributed which is less than 500k coins, quite a low supply. It would eventualy complicate commerce, even with 8 decimal places. Many argued on this forum that even Bitcoin with 21 million coins total could run into same issues so I think ELC community should not opt for very low coin supply.
Evil-Knievel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:51:53 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 12:16:24 PM by Evil-Knievel

Evil-Knievel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:08:26 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 12:16:18 PM by Evil-Knievel

Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:26:37 AM

I like the introduction, it gives a good overview of the aims of this project. Also its good of you to include people who've contributed to the discussion in this thread in the acknowledgements.

Its the later parts I'm really looking forward to reading though, since I think we still don't really know how consensus is going to work and how it can be made resistant to attacks like FAA.

Evil-Knievel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:29:47 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 12:16:11 PM by Evil-Knievel

Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:32:41 AM

I like the introduction, it gives a good overview of the aims of this project. Also its good of you to include people who've contributed to the discussion in this thread in the acknowledgements.

Its the later parts I'm really looking forward to reading though, since I think we still don't really know how consensus is going to work and how it can be made resistant to attacks like FAA.

Thank you very much for the feedback.
The other parts will follow today. The FAA will be a big topic in the remainder of the paper.
All aspects that still need some discussion will be marked red  Wink

As soon as that for the rest - excellent!

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 11:40:23 AM

Sounds like Zennet.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736447.0

Forgive my skepticism as your intentions maybe honorable and I respect lofty goals, but I cannot conceive of a project of this complexity ever getting off the ground with the amount of funding you are likely to raise.

I hope you prove me wrong but I'll be sitting on the sidelines for this one.  Good luck.
nihilnegativum

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 12:05:20 PM

Regarding the intro, I think it would be better to go a bit deeper into the functions of distributed computing (scientific and economic). Another thing I would suggest for the project is to drop the 'Coin' or rebrand completely, by its concept this isn't another coin, but something in the ranks of ethereum/augur etc. so calling it a coin really devalues it, and hides it in the multitude of all the clonecoins.
Evil-Knievel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:09:28 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 12:16:03 PM by Evil-Knievel

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:19:56 PM

Sounds like Zennet.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736447.0

Forgive my skepticism as your intentions maybe honorable and I respect lofty goals, but I cannot conceive of a project of this complexity ever getting off the ground with the amount of funding you are likely to raise.

I hope you prove me wrong but I'll be sitting on the sidelines for this one.  Good luck.

is ZINNET  going to this one? 

http://www.idni.org/pre-sale

agora tokens.

wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:27:59 PM

... Another thing I would suggest for the project is to drop the 'Coin' or rebrand completely, by its concept this isn't another coin, but something in the ranks of ethereum/augur etc. so calling it a coin really devalues it, and hides it in the multitude of all the clonecoins.
good point.
I would also drop the Coin and just name the project "Elastic"
and in the crowdfunding one can get "tokens" instead of coins.

[ELC] Elastic: A Revolutionary, Crypto-Driven Computation Cluster (weighted Crowdfunding)

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █