Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:54:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core version 0.12.0 is now available  (Read 11050 times)
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:34:27 AM

Used for two days, during the night crashed and corrupted the database.... back to 0.11.2, months without any problem with the 11.2 release, the new version problems in 2 days. i will wait a 0.12.x to retry to use.....
Did the program crash or the computer? The program shouldn't crash, or if it did, there is probably another underlying problem. I have been running 0.12 for weeks now and I have had no problems whatsoever.

The program core stopped working (with a windows message that the program halted in a wrong way), the pc remained healty, but the db was corrupted. turn back to 11.2 and another 24 hours to reindex all the DB.
11.2 are months that work ok 24/7....

This is the log error (is in italian as i'm italian and use the italian version....)

2016-02-26 04:01:39 LevelDB read failure: IO error: d:\Programmi\Bitcoin\DataBase\chainstate\4932597.ldb: Impossibile trovare il file specificato.
2016-02-26 04:01:39 IO error: d:\Programmi\Bitcoin\DataBase\chainstate\4932597.ldb: Impossibile trovare il file specificato.
2016-02-26 04:21:37 socket sending timeout: 1201s
2016-02-26 04:21:39 socket sending timeout: 1201s
2016-02-26 04:21:40 socket sending timeout: 1201s
2016-02-26 06:37:00 Error reading from database: Database I/O error
2016-02-26 06:48:04 GUI: "registerShutdownBlockReason: Successfully registered: Bitcoin Core didn't yet exit safely..."

Probably i found where is the problem, not a bitcoin core wallet fault, but my avira free antivirus, i found today, that in the night when the problem happened, the scanner marked and quarantined that file... i will re-upgrade my wallet to the latest version.... case closed.

Cheers

rally

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:22:06 PM

Used for two days, during the night crashed and corrupted the database.... back to 0.11.2, months without any problem with the 11.2 release, the new version problems in 2 days. i will wait a 0.12.x to retry to use.....
Did the program crash or the computer? The program shouldn't crash, or if it did, there is probably another underlying problem. I have been running 0.12 for weeks now and I have had no problems whatsoever.

The program core stopped working (with a windows message that the program halted in a wrong way), the pc remained healty, but the db was corrupted. turn back to 11.2 and another 24 hours to reindex all the DB.
11.2 are months that work ok 24/7....

This is the log error (is in italian as i'm italian and use the italian version....)

2016-02-26 04:01:39 LevelDB read failure: IO error: d:\Programmi\Bitcoin\DataBase\chainstate\4932597.ldb: Impossibile trovare il file specificato.
2016-02-26 04:01:39 IO error: d:\Programmi\Bitcoin\DataBase\chainstate\4932597.ldb: Impossibile trovare il file specificato.
2016-02-26 04:21:37 socket sending timeout: 1201s
2016-02-26 04:21:39 socket sending timeout: 1201s
2016-02-26 04:21:40 socket sending timeout: 1201s
2016-02-26 06:37:00 Error reading from database: Database I/O error
2016-02-26 06:48:04 GUI: "registerShutdownBlockReason: Successfully registered: Bitcoin Core didn't yet exit safely..."

Probably i found where is the problem, not a bitcoin core wallet fault, but my avira free antivirus, i found today, that in the night when the problem happened, the scanner marked and quarantined that file... i will re-upgrade my wallet to the latest version.... case closed.

Cheers

I am glad for you.
I did just do the update when i saw your post with your problems and was a bit scared that i should have the same problem.
Mine is working fine at this moment.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 12:15:53 AM

I did just do the update when i saw your post with your problems and was a bit scared that i should have the same problem.
You don't need to be 'scared' of anything. You should be making regular backups of your wallet.dat file so that even in the case of a full-scale disaster you are prepared. It has been working for me without any issues from the day of release.

but my avira free antivirus
Good time to change your AV. It seems fine with Bitdefender.

Sorry but RBF is a big no no. Opt in or not.
It is fine; it has its uses. Nobody is forcing you to use it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:04:25 PM

I will try to upgrade thank you for the info
CarrollFilms

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Can I eat a Bitcoin?

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:14:03 AM

You lost me at "Memory Pool Limiting"

Back in my day Bitcoin used to cost $69
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 11:30:32 PM

Would be nice if blockchain and content could be compressed up and not needed getting way too big and storing too much data on my system. Hate to see what the average size of core is going to be by next year or  2 to 3 years. Think the average joe is not going to download due to size. Still getting crashing when loading so guessing not fixed my problem in last 3 or 4 version updates when using on SSD.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 11:35:37 PM

Would be nice if blockchain and content could be compressed up and not needed getting way too big and storing too much data on my system.
Not really no. Somebody suggested compressing the data within the blocks but that doesn't work either (random data compression).

Hate to see what the average size of core is going to be by next year or  2 to 3 years. Think the average joe is not going to download due to size.
The data will be rising constantly. The average Joe does not need to have everything downloaded if they don't want to. They can use SPV clients (e.g. electrum).

Still getting crashing when loading so guessing not fixed my problem in last 3 or 4 version updates when using on SSD.
Have you reported it with more information to the developers? I've been using it on 2 SSDs and 1 external HDD and have not had problems in any versions so far.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 03:01:56 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2016, 12:37:50 PM by Amph

i've already asked this but none responded

how to remove the fee per kb? i want to set them per satoshi, but i can not undo anymore the "per kilobyte" mark
wazzap

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 08:16:24 PM

The new version is smooth and working perpectly Smiley

▄████▄▄████▄▄████▄
██████▄██████▄██████
██████▀██████▀██████
▀█████▀████▀▀████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▄████▄█████▄▄████▄
██████████████████
██████████████████
▀████▀▀████▀▀████▀
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░
▄████▄▄████▄▄████▄
████████████▄██████
████████████▀██████
▀████▀▀████▀▀████▀

▄████▄
██████▄▄▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀
▀████▀

▄████▄
██████
██████
▀█████
░░░░░░
▄████▄░█████▄
██████░██████▄▄▄
██████░██████▀▀▀
▀████▀░█████▀
░░░░░░
▄█████
██████
██████
▀████▀

░░░░▄████▄
▄▄▄▄██████
▀▀▀▀██████
░░░░▀████▀

rte369x

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 07:55:27 AM

Thanks for posting this information. It really helps me since I am new in this business. Great!
Shawshank
Legendary

Activity: 1623
Merit: 1608

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 09:51:25 AM

how tor emove the fee per kb? i want to set them per satoshi, but i can not undo anymore the "per kilobyte" mark

It works for me when I do the following:

Go to Settings/Options . Select the Wallet tab. Tick the check box: "Enable coin control features". It will appear a button with the label "Inputs...". Press on that button and select the inputs you want, or if you prefer, select all inputs.

At that moment, the radio button "total at least" gets enabled and it is ready to use.

Lightning Address: shawshank@getalby.com
BTCisfuture

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 12:23:27 AM

I have just tried my wallet again with the update i did yesterday.
Still working perfect.
same story/.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 03:07:37 PM

how tor emove the fee per kb? i want to set them per satoshi, but i can not undo anymore the "per kilobyte" mark

Go to Settings/Options . Select the Wallet tab. Tick the check box: "Enable coin control features". It will appear a button with the label "Inputs...". Press on that button and select the inputs you want, or if you prefer, select all inputs.

At that moment, the radio button "total at least" gets enabled and it is ready to use.

i was referring to the custom menu where you set "per kb" or not" after you set per kb, you can not uncheck it anymore
Shawshank
Legendary

Activity: 1623
Merit: 1608

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:17:23 PM

i was referring to the custom menu where you set "per kb" or not" after you set per kb, you can not uncheck it anymore

I have tried again and I can uncheck the "per kilobyte" radio button only if I select at least one input as I specified in my previous post. If I select at least one input, I can switch from the "per kilobyte" radio button to the "total at least" radio button and viceversa without problem.

I agree that it is not working 100% OK because the UI lets you have the "total at least" radio button selected and active and the "Send as zero-fee transaction if possible" checkbox ticked and active simultaneously, which doesn't make sense, but that is a different issue.

Lightning Address: shawshank@getalby.com
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 08:58:54 AM

I have tried again and I can uncheck the "per kilobyte" radio button only if I select at least one input as I specified in my previous post. If I select at least one input, I can switch from the "per kilobyte" radio button to the "total at least" radio button and viceversa without problem.

I agree that it is not working 100% OK because the UI lets you have the "total at least" radio button selected and active and the "Send as zero-fee transaction if possible" checkbox ticked and active simultaneously, which doesn't make sense, but that is a different issue.

ah yes, it work now, i've tried again, why i need to do this trick to unlock the "total at least" option? all this mess for something that should be available by default

it looks like a bug to me
sky0910

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:28:30 AM

I have just tried my wallet again with the update i did yesterday.
Still working perfect.
same story/.

i didn't find any change.. is it usual ?
SirArthurVlade

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:15:18 PM

Those are some good updates. Many of them were expectant from much of the community aswell.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:41:33 PM

Hey guys, I was think about switching from blockchain.info to bitcoin core. Should I do that? I mean can some one give me advantages and disadvantages of using a downloaded wallet then a online one.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6704

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 01:55:17 PM

Hey guys, I was think about switching from blockchain.info to bitcoin core. Should I do that? I mean can some one give me advantages and disadvantages of using a downloaded wallet then a online one.
You should switch to use at least a desktop wallet. Desktop wallets put you in full control of your wallet and Bitcoin. It doesn't put you at the whim of the shitty service that blockchain.info provides. With Bitcoin Core, you will have to download the full blockchain, and if you don't have enough bandwidth to download 60+ Gb of blockchain, then you probably shouldn't use Bitcoin Core. It can be used in pruned mode so you don't need to store all of that data, but it still must be downloaded and processed so your computer will need a decent processor and at least 4 Gb of RAM. If you don't want to have the full blockchain, I recommend that you use Electrum.

jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:58:30 PM

~
I don't really have a issue with bandwidth and since it's a torrent it would take hardly 3-4hrs to download it but the problem is I don't have 60 gb of storage lol, yeah got a lame ass pc. I will check out electrum, I also have heard about armory is that a good wallet?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: