Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:15:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coindesk propaganda - Blockchains  (Read 1225 times)
mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 09:39:46 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 11:52:52 AM by mayax

There are many news about banks "blockchains" lately; especially on Coindesk.  

What does have Bitcoin with these blockchains? Nothing ! Then why does Coindesk make so much buzz about that?  Grin  What is the interest behind these news? There are hundreds in the last 6 months regarding to different  blockchains without ANY relation with Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3409

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 09:42:53 PM

In regards to Coindesk, not sure where I red before but it seems their one of few news sites that get money from many sponsors to publish an article that would drive attention to those particular brands. It's just a recurring news that Banks are interested in Blockchain technology and not BTCitcoin so they could study and implement something base on it that they could at least control somehow. Same old news all the time.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 09:43:51 PM

What does have Bitcoin with these blockchains? Nothing ! Then why does Coindesk make so much buzz about that?  Grin 
Nothing have to do with them, coindesk will write about rotten tomatoe if they get paid for it.
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 12:21:36 AM

What does have Bitcoin with these blockchains? Nothing ! Then why does Coindesk make so much buzz about that?  Grin  What is the interest behind these news? There are hundreds in the last 6 months regarding to different  blockchains without ANY relation with Bitcoin.

They probably get paid to publish them by the banks! Some great discussions about these Bank Blockchain are out there, very interesting talks - Just banks making people think they want to be a part of Bitcoin when really its nothing more than a smoke screen.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 12:26:35 AM

Coindesk does a lot of paid articles. About half the time when I reference a company when doing an article about possible Blockchain applications, I'll have heard about it on Coindesk. But I think the benefit of this is that Coindesk is drawing attention to the fact that the Blockchain can be separated from Bitcoin and do things that Bitcoin was never really designed to do.
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:51:52 AM

Again, so many news on Coindesk about banks blockchain. I doubt the banks are paying Coindesk to advertise...  Grin

Then, why Coindesk is keep pushing these news?
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 11:54:51 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 01:23:11 PM by CIYAM

I doubt the banks are paying Coindesk to advertise...  Grin

Why would you doubt that?

(most of the websites like it publish for a fee and they most often just copy and paste the PR that the person paying to have it published has provided them with)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:20:18 PM

Coindesk is a news site so must always "produce" articles... So if there is anything to do with Bitcoin or blockchain, it will appear on the website.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:59:05 PM

What does have Bitcoin with these blockchains? Nothing ! Then why does Coindesk make so much buzz about that?  Grin  What is the interest behind these news? There are hundreds in the last 6 months regarding to different  blockchains without ANY relation with Bitcoin.

I guess they think greater acceptance towards the blockchain technology means greater acceptance towards blockchain applications like bitcoin. ...or as many people said above they just get paid to do that Smiley.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:24:47 PM

in short. the website is called "coin" desk, not "bit" desk.
so its not limited to bitcoins. and can talk abot altcoins too.

i personally hate coindesks lack of independant research and investigations as the copy and paste articles normally lack evidence or have mis-interpretations of the source.

that said, i feel coindesk is like the financial times (as an analogy only) where the OP is analogically asking why the financial times mentions the pound or yen or visa rather than just talking about dollars

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:53:42 PM

I doubt the banks are paying Coindesk to advertise...  Grin

Why would you doubt that?

(most of the websites like it publish for a fee and they most often just copy and paste the PR that the person paying to have it published has provided them with)

thousands of site pro bitcoin are doing the same and spamming n posting garbage

once the tide turns its going to be a flood in the opposite direction,

and pictures of printing presses on fire  Cheesy

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 02:59:32 PM

It's a message: Everyone should be buying Ethereum right now.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:05:53 PM

its more like Test coin 2.0  Cheesy

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:07:49 PM

What does have Bitcoin with these blockchains? Nothing ! Then why does Coindesk make so much buzz about that?  Grin 
Nothing have to do with them, coindesk will write about rotten tomatoe if they get paid for it.
they are just a bunch of journalist who can write whatever you like if you paid them enought. Grin

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:12:43 PM

It easy to understand what have to do if you go down the every page of coindesk and find the word "About". The first sentence if click on it is: CoinDesk is the world leader in news and information on digital currencies such as bitcoin, and its underlying technology – the blockchain.

The digital currencies (note "currencies" and not "currency") are more than 600 and not only bitcoin. Bitcoin is the King and have the Lion part of the news but must be place even for the simple citizens without which the Kingdom of bitcoin doesn't exist.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:49:14 PM

so you think all the news about blockchain in coindesk not true? all?
makes sense, but as long as this is not detrimental to  Bitcoins holders, I think this is not much to worry about.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
bitmarket.net

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:17:22 PM

A lot of banks, among other firms are looking into blockchain-based solutions right now.

Unless they are private chains, it would probably be good for bitcoins if they were successful.

BitMarket.net- Europe's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:29:32 PM

Let me know if anyone will create a working blockhcain system in real economy without token will be interest.
And let me know if anyone token blockchain system will resolve the spam problem. Bitcoin because and the most popular system will be unfortunately is and the first that has to face this problem

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:32:12 PM

i personally hate coindesks lack of independant research and investigations as the copy and paste articles normally lack evidence or have mis-interpretations of the source.

that said, i feel coindesk is like the financial times (as an analogy only) where the OP is analogically asking why the financial times mentions the pound or yen or visa rather than just talking about dollars

That's right.But mostly coindesk writes about Blockchains, private, permissioned, without any token etc.
These are often articles about distributed databases and how horny banks and other institutions are about that.
I would be happy if they would write some article about one or the other altcoin, what barely to never happens except uncovered scams.
So imo OP is definitely having a point here.
On the other hand coindesk is a company which wants to make money and therefore everything related to crypto and "Blockchain" is fine for them to get published which I can fully understand.
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:57:51 PM

That's right.But mostly coindesk writes about Blockchains, private, permissioned, without any token etc.
These are often articles about distributed databases and how horny banks and other institutions are about that.
I would be happy if they would write some article about one or the other altcoin, what barely to never happens except uncovered scams.
So imo OP is definitely having a point here.
On the other hand coindesk is a company which wants to make money and therefore everything related to crypto and "Blockchain" is fine for them to get published which I can fully understand.

Right but they are presenting the things like : X bank is running a blockchain, Y bank is testing the blockchain"

Real title: " Majority of Securities Firms Plan to Explore Blockchain This Year"   - Coindesk is suggesting that all these news are related with Bitcoin which is false. These companies have nothing related with Bitcoin and they will not have.

100% no bank is paying for shits like these. The banks are not advertising on Coindesk. Smiley

I think they are just trying to mislead the readers with these news and to pump up somehow the BTC price...
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:59:46 PM

Real title: " Majority of Securities Firms Plan to Explore Blockchain This Year"   - Coindesk is suggesting that all these news are related with Bitcoin which is false. These companies have nothing related with Bitcoin and they will not have.

They simply don't care - they take money and publish crap news - do you not understand that (it's the model that most of the world's media uses these days)?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:18:22 PM

Ther are some sites with certain agendas that become clear after paying some attention to the way they make news and what they talk about and how. For example it's clear that bitcoin.com editors are pro-Classic and anti Core and re always spreading FUD about Blockstream, it's also clear Coindesk must have some sort of Ethereum related business going on where they are pro R3 and pro "bank blockchains"... you gotta know what you are reading or else you'll get scammed.
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:33:43 PM

Ther are some sites with certain agendas that become clear after paying some attention to the way they make news and what they talk about and how. For example it's clear that bitcoin.com editors are pro-Classic and anti Core and re always spreading FUD about Blockstream, it's also clear Coindesk must have some sort of Ethereum related business going on where they are pro R3 and pro "bank blockchains"... you gotta know what you are reading or else you'll get scammed.

its about their investor Smiley
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:51:42 PM

This is nothing new with Coindesk or other news sites.  In the last year there are constant articles about the "Blockchain".  Some articles even state that banks are not interested in Bitcoin because they don't need it if they have the Blockchain haha.  This propaganda has been going on for awhile now, they are trying very hard as it becomes apparent they cannot own the blockchain or bitcoin.

I love Bitcoin
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:53:50 PM

I'm fairly certain that Coindesk is sponsored or owned by people that are working together with Ethereum businessmen, I remember they got bought out by some company a while ago, so many this is some of the expected agenda pushing coming from the company?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:59:42 PM

banks have no blockchains ... they have lost 30% since the beginning of the 2016 year.

Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1957

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:06:41 AM

Take your shitcoin pumping somewhere else, we not interested in ETH trolling and people being off-topic to pump Alt coins. ^hmmm^

This is their Editorial policy, http://www.coindesk.com/editorial-policy/
I would like to point out or highlight a specific part, namely : CoinDesk now accepts payment for product walkthroughs and these posts are clearly marked as ‘Sponsored’. We also accept payment for the publication of company press releases within the Press Release Service section of the site.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄