Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:02:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LF partner for project involving node.js (and mongodb)  (Read 907 times)
notig (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:08:02 AM

I'm just curious. I have an idea for a website. it involves bitcoins... and it would need someone who is an expert programmer. I can only do amateurish programming at the moment . I'm more of an idea guy. but I have designed it entirely in my head. Would anyone be interested in becoming a partner and working for purely an equal part ownership of whatever is produced?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 06:45:36 AM

Dude, I think many of us are idea guys and do not have the ability to write code.

Ever Since I found out about Bitcoins I have had an Idea on making a web site that takes

bitcoins as well as pays out bitcoins. But if you are wealthy enough you can hire someone

who is willing to do the hard part of writing the code for your website and make it work

the way you want it. But since you started this I too would like to know if anyone would

be interested in becoming a partner and working with me for purely an equal part ownership of

whatever is we produce.

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 06:55:24 AM

I think it would help a lot of the younger *ideas* people to watch this: http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/

You might learn that:

a) ideas are not generally worth much at all (implementing them is about 10,000x harder than coming up with them), and

b) the investors rarely give the *idea* person much more than a 10% share (so you're hoping for 50/50 is very wishful thinking indeed)

Not trying to discourage you from coming up with ideas (that is great) but try and understand how much *more* important it is to get investment and to get an idea from just that to an end product (and how much *risk, time and effort* is involved in doing that vs. the one second *ding* of a new idea).

One simple example: I thought of the idea of using bubble-jet printing tech and 3.5in floppy disks (yes - that long ago) about 3 years before I saw a stall at the local market offering you the ability to "create your very own customised T-shirt". Smiley

Although I may have thought up the idea first (although one can never know exactly when they did and how long it took them to get to the final product) I didn't have the resources or the time to develop the idea (so I never created it but of course it appeared anyway).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
notig (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 07:40:22 AM

Great points. I'd just like to add a couple things though.

• technically i'm not against having more partners than 1. So with say.. 6 partners I would have 100/7 stake.
  • I chose the name and bought the domain
  • I purchase the equipment to build servers and build them(haven't yet of course)
  • I pay for a business line from verizon fios directly to my home
  • which means I would do all hardware setup/maintenance for the servers
  • I handle advertising
  • When I say i'm an idea guy I didn't mean just general ideas. I mean very descriptive.. to the minute details. since I am an amateur programmer I can
    envision what is and isn't possible and I can describe it in programmatic ways. I will probably do it myself it's just that I don't have much time and my field of work
    is not computer related at all so that doesn't help.
  • I'm also not interested in just anyone. I'm only interested if this person is smarter than me. If they are an awesome programmer and can really accomplish the task.
  • One other thing I also do all the design. Logos... website design. I already have drawings. I also pick the technologies used. Although I haven't completely decided yet either. I'm still deciding
    between node.js or vert.x basically. mongodb as the database is chosen though.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 09:47:03 AM

I am an amateur programmer [...] I also pick the technologies used.
What you're looking for is a slave who likes to be micromanaged, not a partner.

Good luck, maybe since "50 shades of grey" more people found the secret submissive person inside themselves?

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 10:20:26 AM

If you have it down to the minute details really all that is left is to crack a manual or make use of Google search if you happen not to know offhand what the exact syntax is in your chosen language for doing the exact thing you want to do, so really you might as well just do it yourself since even if you hire a code-monkey chances are they won't end up getting it quite exactly right so you'll end up having to dive in and tweak it yourself anyway.

Also you could start out by making the full site all laid out with all the graphics and the style sheets and all of that if a lot of the details you so minutely have in mind are more to do with appearance than with the exact formulae or algorithms or data items it is to deal with.

Basically by the time you get your specs down pat in minute detail you should find that you might as well have written them in machine-readable form from the start thus eliminating the need for a "translate your pseudocode to actual code" codemonkey stage from the get-go.

Also since you are the marketing guy you might as well also start polling your mailing-list subscribers to check the level of demand for the proposed site, start filling a new list even, a waiting list of people interested in being first in the doors as soon as the site opens. That way you can get a reasonable idea of how many users you can expect how fast before you even bother creating the site (as maybe you'll find out your particular subscribers are not afterall as eager for such a site as you hope/imagine).

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 03:54:20 PM

notig, I would use MarkM business for hosting not Verizon but that would be me if I would be
going to build a site. Wink

Hi Markm, good to see you here and using bitcoin how is the weather up in your are?

It is cold here in Southern Cal. well cold for me as I know it can get very cold over

where you live.

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 06:08:35 PM

notig, I would use MarkM business for hosting not Verizon but that would be me if I would be
going to build a site. Wink

I would not use that business for hosting actual cryptocoins, but that is just me. Cryptocoin wallets I keep right here with me behind my steel plated door and the household firewall, with no Windows boxes on the local network, and not accessed via the web. Third party hosting just does not seem wise for hosting cryptocoin wallets.

Other than that though, I use that hosting for everything else, such as my copy of DeVCoin's files of who gets the DeVCoins, and my web-based games that do not directly use cryptocoins.

It is good hosting, in particular the free hosting offer is good, I just do not like the idea of using *any* third party hosting for wallets.

Offtopic, it actually looks like winter here recently, seems like gloobal warming might not be a total myth though the last few winters compared to what I had learned to expect here. (Halifax, Nova Scotia, for any who did not happen to know.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: