Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:25:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] P2P Crypt Logo  (Read 3222 times)
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 09:26:43 AM

In case it's not supported you should try falling back to cookies or something.

Unfortunately no can do - this is *client side crypto done over plain HTTP* which is only suitable for browsers that support sessionStorage (but I will add be adding an error message if the object is null).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 05:52:47 PM

I'm closing this thread as my partner drew a nice logo on a piece of napkin that I will scan into the computer and digitize it and make it look symmetrical and all that fun stuff!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 01:42:51 PM

I'm closing this thread as my partner drew a nice logo on a piece of napkin that I will scan into the computer and digitize it and make it look symmetrical and all that fun stuff!

Watching.

Lol y u red/bold symmetrical
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 03:35:27 PM

To make you aware that any P2PCrypt logo based on symmetry trick I used will be treated as an idea theft.

I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking you in particular but this is to generally to every artist I've worked with that I was refereed to somehow by this forums since this is becoming an increasingly apparent nature and maybe it's just me or I don't understand the life of an artist and I could be ignorant when I think the following but.

Why is it when someone declines your work you feel the need to defend your emotional selves by threats/mention of legal action?

If anything the threats just seem null & void and almost desperate for money(which doesn't look good to employers) that you have to automatically assume your clientèle is stealing your work. Perhaps learning a few lines of copyright laws (international copyright laws is a start) would be nice so you can realise that unless you register your work with your national office(Now I’m speaking from USA law) you can't make any monetary gain from the infringement, you only have the rights to stop the organization from using "your work".

To subSTRATA: This kind of negligence of respect to your clients is almost despicable to present me with a "plain jane" fonts and slap some colours on it and then claim some how that you "own" the idea of symmetry and that here on out you own every P2P Crypt logo based on symmetry? Granted I must say I did like the logo, but it doesn’t "say anything" my organization is trying to say. Not with words obviously though.

I digress, According to copyright laws you can't own an idea so your artist experience sounds of very little if you've never ran into any problems where you've never ever had to talk to a legal lawyer, but lets say by chance that you've always picked the right clients up until now, its probably a good idea to not make your self look funny in public about what you think you know about copyright laws and to actually go find a legal lawyer that can guide you when it is appropriate to "threaten" your client with legal action.

Just to prove a point to all other artists that have sent in 5 minutes of photo shop work that were all pretty darn similar and some how expect to be paid 3 Bitcoins (or even 2 Bitcoins). I made the following video clip and two logos all in one hour(link below) not just to prove a point to the "artists" out there that the stuff they "PooP" out isn't gold any more but also to show any legal office and lawyers that there is no case and this is a joke threat.

In case any of these legal-kiddies want to go toe to toe about what they own; This is proof that if it ever went to court you will be laughed at because "Why should I pay the carpenter for chair that I made from start to finish? I'm almost positive every chair manufacture doesn’t pay patent fees for making the chair"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YKHUpFutPA&feature=autoshare
Zeilap

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 04:36:09 PM

I think you're reading too much into what subSTRATA said with all the law crap...

Anyway, on the face of it, it looks like you've acted in pretty bad faith, given that you're logo in that video looks exactly like subSTRATA's but with a different font. I expected it to be different seeing as you claimed you'd found a friend to do the logo *before* subSTRATA even posted his design.

Claiming that it isn't much work to create such a logo, therefore it isn't worth anything is not a valid argument. You're paying for something you could not do yourself which you've proved by the fact that your design is a copy.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:24:16 PM

I think you're reading too much into what subSTRATA said with all the law crap...

Anyway, on the face of it, it looks like you've acted in pretty bad faith, given that you're logo in that video looks exactly like subSTRATA's but with a different font. I expected it to be different seeing as you claimed you'd found a friend to do the logo *before* subSTRATA even posted his design.

Claiming that it isn't much work to create such a logo, therefore it isn't worth anything is not a valid argument. You're paying for something you could not do yourself which you've proved by the fact that your design is a copy.
By your logic then everyone that sent me a submission should be suing each other because they all similar.

All fallacies and I'm closing this thread.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: