Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:32:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashon.ru Possible Scam--Not Yet Confirmed  (Read 1032 times)
morantis (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 04:33:55 AM

I was pretty sure this was another one of those HYIP scams, we will know by the end of tomorrow.

Someone I knew hit me with this site as a referral.  I have no promise with a good old honest referral, as long as the person does not try to hide it.  I was tossing sites back and forth with this guy on here through PM's and he sent the referral, so i signed up.  The site has very little information and screams scam right off the bat.  You sign up and get 20 KH/S for free.  So, if you are getting KH/S, that obviously means some kind of Scrypt coin being mined, if there is any real mining going on.  Your account page shows your current rate of "mining".  A quick look and you see it is a Wordpress site.  Nothing wrong with that.  There is a list of logged on users and the Top 20, which, at the time of this post shows that someone has supposedly made 1.87 BTC.  It never says BTC, just Top Earners and a username and a number. 

As the days go by you have a balance and a short list of payouts, always the same number, one after another, day after day.  Real mining would have a variable number.  Your referral link is always at the top of your account page, so that you can sucker more people in.  The setup is obvious.  It is a Wordpress site with paid membership levels.  Those levels are defined as KH/S rates.  The next highest is 40 KH/S.  It costs $2.49 and lasts for a year.  So, I let 0.006 accrue and hit the next level up for my proof of scam.

What I did to make it more fun was sent the required amount from two different addresses and wallets.  They give you a deposit address and the amount of 0.005893, about $2.50.

Bear in mind that you cannot withdraw without moving up to that next level.  A legit site and I would be fine.  Send $2.50, withdraw $2.50.  Your authorize the change and sent the BTC, the page sits and waits for confirmations.  I got none because I split the payment.  A normal site and this is a recoverable issue. I cannot find it now, but somewhere on the site I grabbed an email address and sent an email explaining what I had done, no reply as of yet.  However, I did get an email confirming that I had moved up to the next level.  It states that it is pending until the payment confirms.  No big deal, I reply to the email I just got and get an error back immediately.  The email address was wordpress@hash.ru

If I hit the Withdrawal link on the site, I still see a Pending next to withdrawals.  This is not yet a proven scam.  This can and will happen with normal sites and it would take some time to fix my two separate deposits.  I have sent them the TX's for both deposits and politely asked them to fix my account.  The site also says that they offer 100% refunds if not satisfied.  I will give the whole thing a day to work itself out and see what happens.  I will keep you posted.  Oh, and they are also using the Wordpress mining plugin.  I am on Linux so it does nothing, but I have seen it before.  We shall see what happens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
morantis (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:14:40 PM

Confirmed.  It has been two days since I paid in to increase the "mining speed" and still the withdrawal link saying "Pending".  Another one bites the dust.
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:09:42 PM

It's a hyip , what do you expect? Honestly I hardly trust these schemes specially when it is from russia or being operated by a russian. I don't know but most of the time, russians tends to run with your money faster than you can even get a single payment.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:23:40 PM

Very predictable, but thank you for the advice. I will walk far away from this site. Early or later this is the destiny of all schemes like that one.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 08:37:53 PM

You can directly get it confirmed by asking up for mining proof from support.if they are ignoring up your messages then a obvious scam.

Also these are the details of website

Code:
domain: HASHON.RU
nserver: ns1.hashon.ru. 167.114.214.59
nserver: ns2.hashon.ru. 167.114.214.59
state: REGISTERED, DELEGATED, UNVERIFIED
person: Private Person
registrar: RU-CENTER-RU
admin-contact: https://www.nic.ru/whois
created: 2016.02.05
paid-till: 2017.02.05
free-date: 2017.03.08
source: TCI

So the site was registered on 5th Feb,2016 which is about only 20 days ago.

So looking up on the top earners list ,you can also spot some false info.s that in 20 days they got an inbestor who is earning about 1.95 BTC per month or whatever term.Also when I clicked on username it showed me nothing .So is the user never existed and was earning a  handsome amount of around 2 BTC for nothing.?? lol
Confirmed.  It has been two days since I paid in to increase the "mining speed" and still the withdrawal link saying "Pending".  Another one bites the dust.

I think there was no need to do some deposit over there.But you proved it up ,so nice work and thank you for letting these guys know. Smiley
morantis (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:48:05 PM

You can directly get it confirmed by asking up for mining proof from support.if they are ignoring up your messages then a obvious scam.

Also these are the details of website

Code:
domain: HASHON.RU
nserver: ns1.hashon.ru. 167.114.214.59
nserver: ns2.hashon.ru. 167.114.214.59
state: REGISTERED, DELEGATED, UNVERIFIED
person: Private Person
registrar: RU-CENTER-RU
admin-contact: https://www.nic.ru/whois
created: 2016.02.05
paid-till: 2017.02.05
free-date: 2017.03.08
source: TCI

So the site was registered on 5th Feb,2016 which is about only 20 days ago.

So looking up on the top earners list ,you can also spot some false info.s that in 20 days they got an inbestor who is earning about 1.95 BTC per month or whatever term.Also when I clicked on username it showed me nothing .So is the user never existed and was earning a  handsome amount of around 2 BTC for nothing.?? lol

I think there was no need to do some deposit over there.But you proved it up ,so nice work and thank you for letting these guys know. Smiley

It was worth $2 to be sure before telling other people, lol.
SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:14:03 PM

It's a good idea to just stay away from HYIPs in general, no matter how tempting it is.  The vast majority are scams and there are better and more stable ways of earning.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:25:47 AM

It's a good idea to just stay away from HYIPs in general, no matter how tempting it is.  The vast majority are scams and there are better and more stable ways of earning.

Well I didn't go there to make money.  I just went there to test them out and prove they were a scam.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: