Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:26:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Batch #1 Ships  (Read 238856 times)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 11:25:16 AM

BitSyncom,

Please answer my ticket #507. One week without answer should be over the maximum acceptable waiting.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
libertybuck

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:10:51 PM

this thread is epic thread, everyone here is now a millionaire

congratulations for such good investment I missed this boat

also, by the difficulty I thought all 300 were delivered. 

Everybody a millionaire? That's a bit exaggerated, don't you think? Maybe libertybuck, but everybody?

Let's say that everybody in this thread did an excellent investment  Wink

Definitely not.  It was a "group buy" order.  I explained it several times.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 03:08:05 PM

Everybody a millionaire? That's a bit exaggerated, don't you think? Maybe libertybuck, but everybody?

Yeah I did not want to offend you, I just wanted to remark that the "everybody is a millionaire" comment was a big exaggeration

abracadabra

Activity: 956

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 03:56:08 PM

BitSyncom,

Please answer my ticket #507. One week without answer should be over the maximum acceptable waiting.

I've waited almost 2 months now with no answer to my support ticket #254.  Please get in line.  Thank you.  Grin
I opened a second one about a week ago. #570.  Several emails have also been sent.

Maybe they are partying up the conclusion of batch #1 and too busy to answer emails.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:07:26 PM

BitSyncom,

I've waited almost 2 months now with no answer to my support ticket #254.  Please get in line.  Thank you.  Grin
I opened a second one about a week ago. #570.  Several emails have also been sent.

Maybe they are partying up the conclusion of batch #1 and too busy to answer emails.
If they fix my problem before shipping the units to a datacenter that could claim to have not received the units (how could I claim otherwise, if they don't give us the tracking numbers, like for batch 1?) I'm fine with waiting.

I understand that they need their time to relax and to party, but I know that answering some support problems of your clients is usually important.

However the best thing would be to assure us that batch 2 customers will get a tracking number, that would be great!

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 06:26:52 PM

Yeah I did not want to offend you, I just wanted to remark that the "everybody is a millionaire" comment was a big exaggeration

I would consider myself mil if I had b1 order, its also a matter of holding the coins enough time
Big Time Coin

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:31:39 PM

First of all guys, it's the weekend.  Do you work 7 days a week?

Also, there is the fact that they are using portion of batch #3 money to buy an SMT machine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMT_placement_equipment

Now, buying that machine means that they have a huge project in programming said machine, testing it, and incorporating it into the assembly line for batch #2 and batch #3, which may take a few days or weeks on its own.  But each day that is spent getting the SMT-based assembly line set up will save several days in total assembly time for all pre-ordered units. 

So the best thing for them to do, since they just got the $5-6 million to upgrade production, is to get the rapid assembly line finished, then return to the work of building and shipping units.  I am guessing that is what is going on, since Avalon team is all about integrity, being fair to all customers, and securing the bitcoin network by distributing hashing power fairly.

It might hurt a few people that are late batch #1 or early batch #2 customers individually, but it will help the network and all their other customers to first increase production capacity, then assemble all pre-sold units and ship prior to announcing the sale of upgrade modules (batch #4) and plans for gen. 2.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
abracadabra

Activity: 956

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:33:51 PM

Been waiting for an answer for 5 weeks.  I'd hope they'd have time to answer customers somewhere in those 5 weeks.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 06:57:22 AM

Also, there is the fact that they are using portion of batch #3 money to buy an SMT machine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMT_placement_equipment

Now, buying that machine means that they have a huge project in programming said machine, testing it, and incorporating it into the assembly line for batch #2 and batch #3, which may take a few days or weeks on its own.  But each day that is spent getting the SMT-based assembly line set up will save several days in total assembly time for all pre-ordered units. 

So the best thing for them to do, since they just got the $5-6 million to upgrade production, is to get the rapid assembly line finished, then return to the work of building and shipping units.  I am guessing that is what is going on, since Avalon team is all about integrity, being fair to all customers, and securing the bitcoin network by distributing hashing power fairly.

It might hurt a few people that are late batch #1 or early batch #2 customers individually, but it will help the network and all their other customers to first increase production capacity, then assemble all pre-sold units and ship prior to announcing the sale of upgrade modules (batch #4) and plans for gen. 2.

I'm still baffled about how Avalon all started and where they are today. I read the only reason why they even started to build an ASIC device was to protect the network and diversify devices all over the place. When I saw the %400 increase in price on batch 3 that notion of just wanting to protect the network pretty much gave way to greed. It is completely legal but in my opinion I think they could have sold batch 3 for a little less and let some of the less fortunate people in. It is ok if they only want to cater to the people that can afford lots of money, just didn't sit right with me. From protecting the network to making as much money as possible. That's a big swoop.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 07:06:54 AM

I'm still baffled about how Avalon all started and where they are today. I read the only reason why they even started to build an ASIC device was to protect the network and diversify devices all over the place. When I saw the %400 increase in price on batch 3 that notion of just wanting to protect the network pretty much gave way to greed. It is completely legal but in my opinion I think they could have sold batch 3 for a little less and let some of the less fortunate people in. It is ok if they only want to cater to the people that can afford lots of money, just didn't sit right with me. From protecting the network to making as much money as possible. That's a big swoop.

Josh basically stating the same during his 2/3 minute talk in the restaurant during the London conference.
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 08:20:43 AM

+1
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 08:52:18 AM

Can you provide references to support the possibility that late Batch #1 orders will be further delayed and shipped together with early Batch #2 orders? If so I could save some time and stop calling DHL daily.
caoxg

Activity: 159

Winter is coming

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 09:51:22 AM

Dear Yifu & NGZhang:

Where is my batch #1, order 200000357 units? They should reach me at the begining of March , or at least the middle of March, cause I'm in Shanghai and there is no international transport time and no customs issues.

I have tried every means to reach you and pm you every day , but the only response here is a pm from BitSyncom at March 24, you think my address have problem. I'm in Shanghai China and I leave a English address, it is correct and reachable, and I have my phone open , but no one even try to ship it?!

Anyway , I reply to you with a updated Chinese address, and hope I will receive it the next 1 or 2 days. But there is nothing!

The batch #3 begins, I have to pay in RMB!

The address I reply at March 24 is correct, so, what is the problem?

But , till now, my batch #1 avalon is still in the air. Where is them?

Please tell me do you ship them out ? what's the tracking no?

Thanks again , and again ...... cause I pm you every day with the address and order no.

I'm running a Chinese crowdfunding website: dreamchina.com.
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 10:42:48 AM

annoys me to know one guy in China does not have his unit, and many others have more than 2, how is this protecting the network?
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 10:47:32 AM

annoys me to know one guy in China does not have his unit, and many others have more than 2, how is this protecting the network?

If they give out tracking IDs for the second batch this mess won't repeat.

Big Time Coin

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:16:40 PM

As to the people that post in every thread asking "where is my unit?" and talk about all the e-mails and pms sent.  It is hard to know if the reason they are not getting their units is because of all the complaining, or if all the complaining is caused by not getting their units.

All batch #1 units have been shipped according to other posts from avalon team.

As to price, $10,000 or $20,000 would have been a better price for a batch #3 unit.  Should not have priced it to sell out in one day, should have taken a few weeks to sell out.  Batch 1 units market price is $20k.  However, they did not want to ask for more bitcoins per unit.  This shows they have class.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:21:56 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2013, 01:32:14 PM by cedivad

As to the people that post in every thread asking "where is my unit?" and talk about all the e-mails and pms sent.  It is hard to know if the reason they are not getting their units is because of all the complaining, or if all the complaining is caused by not getting their units.
Scaring isn't it? I'm afraid to be in their blacklist.

server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 02:23:47 PM

As to the people that post in every thread asking "where is my unit?" and talk about all the e-mails and pms sent.  It is hard to know if the reason they are not getting their units is because of all the complaining, or if all the complaining is caused by not getting their units.

Not too hard to know, people that receive their units do not complain.

This was not true because Yifu "forgot" to ship my unit.
But I'm not complaining because he answered my mail and acknowledged the problem.

It's not possible to ship hundreds of these units to customers around the world, flawlessly.

Also I'm quite sure there is no blacklist....

caoxg

Winter is coming

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 02:47:57 PM

Not too hard to know, people that receive their units do not complain.

This was not true because Yifu "forgot" to ship my unit.
But I'm not complaining because he answered my mail and acknowledged the problem.

It's not possible to ship hundreds of these units to customers around the world, flawlessly.

Also I'm quite sure there is no blacklist....

I don't want to complain .... but you know it's really really bad when you see others whose order number far more behind you received their units, while you even don't get a tracking no.

And it's only 1 day from avalon team to Shanghai by SF express.

caoxg

Winter is coming

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 02:49:43 PM

If we don't trust them, we won't throw the pre-order money to them .
I believe they are tring hard to solve every problem.

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: