Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:58:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Single Red and Black wires w/ connector on BITMAIN's AntMiner APW3-12-1600 PSU  (Read 766 times)
wmabern (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 09:24:48 PM

Hello,
Newbie here.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered, but in scouring the board and searching different keywords, I haven't found the answer.

I have 1 S7 running off a EVGA Gold 16000 and am having no problems and setting up the cabling  was a breeze.

Now I have come across another S7 B10. So I ordered one of the BITMAIN AntMiner APW3-12-1600 PSU's.

I have all the primary cables hooked into the S7 boards and to the controller.
BUT, what are the red and black single wires with a small connector coming from the PSU that are left over? What are they for and what do I do with them?

Also, there is a single yellow and green pair of single wires coming from the PSU that seemed to be jumper'd together or capped.
What are these for and what do I do with them if anything.

I have not powered on that S7 or PSU yet as my electrician friend is coming tomorrow to put in new lines for 240V.

Thanks for any information! Smiley

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2522

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 10:12:26 PM

Hello,
Newbie here.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered, but in scouring the board and searching different keywords, I haven't found the answer.

I have 1 S7 running off a EVGA Gold 16000 and am having no problems and setting up the cabling  was a breeze.

Now I have come across another S7 B10. So I ordered one of the BITMAIN AntMiner APW3-12-1600 PSU's.

I have all the primary cables hooked into the S7 boards and to the controller.
BUT, what are the red and black single wires with a small connector coming from the PSU that are left over? What are they for and what do I do with them?

Also, there is a single yellow and green pair of single wires coming from the PSU that seemed to be jumper'd together or capped.
What are these for and what do I do with them if anything.

I have not powered on that S7 or PSU yet as my electrician friend is coming tomorrow to put in new lines for 240V.

Thanks for any information! Smiley

Never investigated the red/black pair but the green/yellow are for switching the DC output on/off. Handy point to put a switch or a remote hard-boot control of some sort.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
wmabern (OP)

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 10:49:27 PM

Thanks for your reply!

wmabern (OP)

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 03:43:07 AM

Since I haven't used the AntMiner PSU before, without adding a switch, the only way to turn it off is to unplug it? Is that correct? Is that the way people without a switch turn theirs off?

Since I am not very electrically minded at all, are there some instructions or tutorial somewhere that I could follow to add this switch to the PSU using the green/yellow wires?

Thank you so much for any info you can provide! Smiley

Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:31:21 AM

If I can remember correctly it was used to power the controller for the hashing boards when I used it on my S4.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2522

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 03:26:11 PM

Since I haven't used the AntMiner PSU before, without adding a switch, the only way to turn it off is to unplug it? Is that correct? Is that the way people without a switch turn theirs off?

Since I am not very electrically minded at all, are there some instructions or tutorial somewhere that I could follow to add this switch to the PSU using the green/yellow wires?

Thank you so much for any info you can provide! Smiley
To switch it on/off I just unplug the jumper plug. Yes you can just plug/unplug the main power feeding it but not best way to do it.

To add switch to it:
Got to hardware store and buy a small simple push or twist single pole switch with wires on it.
From the same aisle in the store get some small electrical wire twist caps for 18ga wire.
Go home.

Remove the jumper from the green/white wire pair.
In the middle of it cut the wire loop on the jumper.
Carefully strip back about 1/2" of the insulation on the 2 wires.

Twist one wire from the switch and one from the jumper together. Twist clockwise.
Twist on of the small electrical wire caps. Do same for the remaining switch and jumper wires.
Done.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: