Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:28:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: lolgato1 (scamming with) fake translation services  (Read 415 times)
98789 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 03:31:37 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2016, 03:57:14 PM by 98789

Hi,

What happened:  User lolgato1 started a Spanish translation services thread with the sole purpose of scamming. He added as proof of previous work a thread he (had not actually) translated for an altcoin (the translation was close to unintelligible, he took advantage of the OP not speaking Spanish), he seems to have taken some of those altcoins as a reward (I have no idea if he at least gave the coins back).

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=729028

Reference Link: Service thread - archived - Altcoin's ANN

Amount Scammed: 30 000 MOJOS

Additional Notes: I have no idea if he has scammed anyone else, but he was trying to get new victims.

I added an amount scammed just as an extra proof. I was not the one scammed here nor would have I been one of his potential victims (I am a native Spanish speaker, I would not need his services). I would post this on reputation but the last time I posted about a similar issue there, Cyrus moved my thread here.

I PMed one DT user asking if he considered this to be sketchy or not. The account has not been neg-tagged, so either he is busy or should I assume there is nothing wrong in this (? -if so, please someone explain to me why-).

I have already spotted other fake (Spanish / multi language including Spanish / Portuguese) translators but they vanished before scamming. This one insisted in arguing something that had no point in been argued (also, he scammed someone already).

As of now the thread is still there and no one but me has called him a scammer (the thread has 100+ views). So, I guess there is nothing wrong here? (really?, again, someone has got to explain to me why), he was lucky to get away with this (?).

He also has an (obvious) alt: lolgato - proof + archived version
Last time online was February 16, so I have no idea if he sold it (the date is recent so I suppose he still has control over both accounts).

Greetings,

Edited to fix some things (minor changes).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: