Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:56:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: User Lutpin abusing DT power  (Read 1594 times)
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 01:48:48 PM

If a btct account with trust for previous deals get sold here, we -ve him because we cant be sure the new owner is trustworthy and he does not deserve to have a trusted account. Simply because he didnt do the trades.

People on here try to get other people in dealing off the site without escrows to scam em.

Buying an account for lbc that has trust might be used for the same stuff. I dont know if it happens, but again you are able to trade on lbc without having a history. Its easy and possible. Its total bs no one will deal with newbies over there.

Personaly i -ve those accounts because they are sold here i dont care if they are sold elsewhere.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:08:02 PM

[AUCTION] Localbitcoins Account with 500+ Trades
Selling old reddit accounts

I see someone Logic is flawed ?

Personaly
Good Word.I respect but that doesn't means I should abide.

IMO lutpin isnt untrustworthy at all.
Ye.I agree.

yo
Your Point Is Invalid

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 04:17:03 AM

I got a negative rating from him, because I'm selling my localbitcoin account.
This user is a hypocrite. What is the difference between selling bitcointalk account and lbc account?
Localbitcoin is more secure because it has a built in escrow service while bitcointalk has not. And he allow bitcointalk account selling.
Unfortunately I am going to have to make Lutpin go 0-2 on this one and agree with the OP.

Escrow should not be released on LBC until funds are secured/received by the bitcoin seller, and funds should be in escrow prior to the bitcoin buyer sending any kind of fiat. LBC warns it's users against working outside of escrow. From what I can tell, the vast majority of LBC scams involve users not properly using the escrow system (or due to successful phishing attempts).

Established LBC accounts do however potentially allow for people to get their ads more premonitory displayed, potentially allowing more people to trade with an established account, potentially allowing for more favorable rates (and more profits) for the owner of an established LBC account.

There is no need to buy an "established" account. LBC has a good escrow system, even as a newbie it isnt a real problem to sell hundreds of BTC. Also LBC will ban the acc (in most of the cases afaik) if they get a hint that the acc was sold.

You don't allow selling secure accounts, while you allow selling of high risk bitcointalk accounts. What is your point there? Are you an hyprocrite and alt of lutpin?

I must sat, this is a pretty solid point bibtcointalk accounts are often used to scam in the same way LBC accounts are used to scam

whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:48:47 AM

Thats true, people can ignore my feedback by putting ~whywefight in their trust list Wink

-tK

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 11:42:54 AM

Thats true, people can ignore my feedback by putting ~whywefight in their trust list Wink

Well, you're not in the DT2 list atm so most people won't have you in their trust lists anyways.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 01:09:24 PM

If a user ignores the DT-WEIGHT and does as he likes then he obviously doesn't deserves it and on the other hand if a user knowingly does this then he is abusing it and should be removed.
So because someone's feedback makes a difference to the majority of users, they shouldn't leave the feedbacks that they did previously (which more than likely got them onto the DT list in the first place)? That logic seems a bit strange to me.

Regardless, the main difference (for me) between selling a BitcoinTalk account and a LocalBitcoins account is the risk that comes with selling one and not the other. Whilst BitcoinTalk doesn't condone selling accounts, they wouldn't terminate the account for it being sold. On the other hand, selling a LocalBitcoins account is against the ToS of the site and can result in the account being terminated and the user being left without an account or the Bitcoin they paid for it.

Unless this risk is explicitly presented during the sale (which in this case it is not), I consider a negative trust to be worthy as the OP is selling a product with an unmentioned risk, which could result in them scamming (intentional or not).

PS. You also do not need to create two threads for this. By posting repeatedly with insults simply makes you look like a child who is throwing a tantrum because they cannot get their own way.
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:35:00 PM

Well, you're not in the DT2 list atm so most people won't have you in their trust lists anyways.

I know but ppl still complaining

riseDARK

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:35:40 PM

Actually I agree with OP and badly criticize Lutpin here, just because you are on DT you have to be more cautious, a fun or say view of yours should not affect others. You are not the one who will decide whats legal to sell and whats not, either get a clear rule for that or dont tag users blindly. Moreover for some reason and you will see it later proved, lutpin is someone whom we very well all know, maybe say QS, etc .. time will tell.
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:43:19 PM

Selling your localbitcoin account is wrong. My account there has positive feedback. If I sold it here I would deserve to be flagged. I do agree though that some people on DT would let people starve by loosely handing out negative trust.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: