Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:16:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-02-24] Bitcoin Community On Brink Of Insanity  (Read 534 times)
CrimBit (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 05:36:37 PM

Let’s say that you’re running a company and want to create some internal competition between teams to see which ones can perform better. You can do this with R&D, and sales, but I would humbly suggest that you don’t do it with receivables. Sending out duplicate invoices to customers is generally referred to as ‘criminal behavior’.

But the CEO of Coinbase is seriously claiming, with no hint of sarcasm, that this is exactly what Bitcoin should do. Rather than claiming that a hard fork could be done cleanly and without a split, he’s instead doubling down and saying that the chaos and thievery which would come with two active competing forks would be ‘healthy competition’.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-community-on-brink-of-insanity/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:55:08 PM

Their can be only one Bitcoin, if we had a contentious hard fork and both chains are viable the original version is Bitcoin the other is just an alt coin.  

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:59:53 PM

It's not that bad. I think people just need to relax and focus on what's really important. Everything will be just fine. All this panic that has been created only benefits whales and other large traders as people panic sell because they don't know what's happening. Everything other than Bitcoin Core is just an altcoin. It's very simple.
CrimBit (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:37:30 AM

Their can be only one Bitcoin, if we had a contentious hard fork and both chains are viable the original version is Bitcoin the other is just an alt coin.  

what do you think about the bitcoin clasic ? other altcoin or not?
i think bitcoin core Vs XT will be continue with BItcoin Classic Vs bitcoin Core
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:37:20 PM

This is the same asshole who is patenting things based on Bitcoin technology, with a "hey, don't worry we'll be good - honest!" as a policy.

I didn't like this guy before, and I sure don't like him now. "Competing Forks" is not a natural state for the tech, it either results in one branch being mined or not - this isn't opening a corner store and cutting prices for satoshi's sake.

Where do they get these MBA's that think they can just lord over an open source project. I'd really love to know.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:51:08 PM

Just like so many others, Brian Armstrong needs to comes to terms with reality: what he thinks means nothing. Unless he's got some good code to contribute, he's got nothing to say.

Brian Armstrong: coding talks, bullshit walks.

Vires in numeris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: