Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 07:19:29 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you consider trading as gambling?  (Read 45409 times)
Japinat

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:30:03 AM

No. Of course, there are risks in trade, but for successful profit making, you need to spend a lot of time getting knowledge and analysis. There are many traders who successfully make a profit, unlike gambling.
Trading will kill more time, but it is profitable in the long term if we learn in depth in trading. Spending the time to learn to trade is not a waste of time it is more useful and worth. But the same spending time in gambling is just time pass there is no use from this gambling except you will get some relaxation from your stress and will get fun. But sometimes both need luck to make money this is common in both trading and gambling.

Indeed spending time to learn how to trade you can improve your skills in that filed. With gambling the more time you spend the worse your situation become, because you might think you invented a winning strategy but in reality it will be just another "strategy" which will let you down at some point and you will lose all you have.
Gambling does not need more time to make your skills develop because you can do that in just a short period of time if you are really good.
Trading is different, it's a real market and you are not playing against a site, you are playing on the real market movement and no housed edge on that matter so you have a better chance to be profitable. You can easily develop your skills as there with experience, you can read a lot of vital information shared from masters in trading and the more you keep yourself knowledgeable, you have a big chance to improve.

.BitDice.               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1120

Akche, Türkiye'nin Dijital Parası

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:42:05 AM

No. Of course, there are risks in trade, but for successful profit making, you need to spend a lot of time getting knowledge and analysis. There are many traders who successfully make a profit, unlike gambling.
Trading will kill more time, but it is profitable in the long term if we learn in depth in trading. Spending the time to learn to trade is not a waste of time it is more useful and worth. But the same spending time in gambling is just time pass there is no use from this gambling except you will get some relaxation from your stress and will get fun. But sometimes both need luck to make money this is common in both trading and gambling.

Indeed spending time to learn how to trade you can improve your skills in that filed. With gambling the more time you spend the worse your situation become, because you might think you invented a winning strategy but in reality it will be just another "strategy" which will let you down at some point and you will lose all you have.
Gambling does not need more time to make your skills develop because you can do that in just a short period of time if you are really good.
Trading is different, it's a real market and you are not playing against a site, you are playing on the real market movement and no housed edge on that matter so you have a better chance to be profitable. You can easily develop your skills as there with experience, you can read a lot of vital information shared from masters in trading and the more you keep yourself knowledgeable, you have a big chance to improve.

It needs alot of information and trading is to make money. Alot of trader has get profit from trading but only a small amount of people have get profit from gambling. We cant have fun in trading however so there are some point that trading doesnt have compare to gambling but it depends on what you are seeking for

▄██████████▀▀█████████████████████▄
████████▀  ▄███████████████████████
██████▀  ▄███████▀  ▀██████████████
█████   ▄███████▀    ▀█████████████
████   ████████▀  ▄▄  ▀████████████
███   █████▀▀█▀  ▄██▄  ▀█▀▀████████
███   █▀▀   ▄▀  ▄████▄  ▀▄   ▀▀████
███   ██████▀  ▄██████▄  ▀█████████
███   █████▀  ▄████████▄  ▀████████
███    ▀███  ▄██████████▄  ████▀ ██
████    ▀██▄▄████████████▄▄███   ██
█████     ▀█████████████████▀   ███
██████▄      ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████
████████▄                  ▄███████
███████████▄▄          ▄▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
AKCHE   ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
   ████
Akche, Türkiye'nin Dijital Parası
──────────────────── 29 Ekim 2017
╔═ WHITE PAPER ═╗
▣╠══ BOUNTY ══╣▣
╚═  ANNTHREAD  ═╝
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄██▄
           ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄                 ▄████▄▄    ▄
▀██             ████████████▀
 ████▄         █████████████▀
 ▀████████▄▄   █████████████
█▄▄█████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████
   ▀██████████████████████
    █████████████████████
     ▀█████████████████▀
       ▄█████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
[/ce
Betwrong
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:43:28 PM

Although I don't think that house edge has a big impact on our chances to win, I agree with you in general. Experience matters big time in trading, while in gambling it can be to your disadvantage. Sometimes I think trading is very much like gambling but in fact there are differences which were mentioned in this thread.

milewilda

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:35:05 PM

Although I don't think that house edge has a big impact on our chances to win, I agree with you in general. Experience matters big time in trading, while in gambling it can be to your disadvantage. Sometimes I think trading is very much like gambling but in fact there are differences which were mentioned in this thread.
For you house edge wont give an impact but for some they do really believe that this is the one what makes them lose on playing gambling.We do see small percentage on edge but it does really affect on our winning rate.Trading would really be like gambling if you dont know on what you are doing because you will just likely throwing your money on the air and just let others earn while you are losing.

FORTUNEJACK.COM[

9 BTC WELCOME PACK FOR 1ST 5 DEPOSITS
FREE 1,000 mBTC daily for LuckyJack winners
[

]
Betwrong
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:09:32 AM

For you house edge wont give an impact but for some they do really believe that this is the one what makes them lose on playing gambling.We do see small percentage on edge but it does really affect on our winning rate.Trading would really be like gambling if you dont know on what you are doing because you will just likely throwing your money on the air and just let others earn while you are losing.

What I meant is that the house edge is not the crucial factor. If I play dice, for example, and I bet 0.00001 BTC with 0.01% win chance theoretically I should get [my bet]X10,000 in case of winning, but if the site I'm playing on has 1% house edge I get [my bet]X9,900 or 0.099 BTC. It is still a great win so why should I care about being 0.001 short, right? On the other hand if I was so unlucky that I was betting 10,000 times and never hit that 99.99 or 0.00 even if the house edge was zero I'd still lost all my money.

That's why I think that the house edge is not that thing that distinguishes gambling from trading. Definitely, it has its impact on the outcome, but the impact is overestimated.

richkellj

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:54:38 PM

Trading may kill more time but it will at least not kill us or our spirits. It helps a person in long term and can really make person rich. It does not involve risks of gambling, where you can be a beggar in seconds. Gambling, cigarettes, whisky etc all just give a temporary relief but the truth is the problem is still there. Only losers go for such methods.

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.