Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:46:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you consider trading as gambling?  (Read 47278 times)
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:42:17 PM

Yeah. Pretty much. It's not totally random like certain types of gambling, apart from most alts, but you could compare it to sports. If you do a little research your guesses might turn out better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jjoorriissjjuuhh

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:43:41 PM

Depends on what you trade. If you trade BTC yeah I can say that is gambling. You cant predict the price.
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:12:28 PM

Trading is exactly same as gambling, because either of them cannot guarantee profit and neither of them can even be totally win by skill. I think trading itself is gambling because many people are addicted to trading indeed lol they loose money in trading yet they do it.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Xsinx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:15:14 PM

Its a legit gambling since the outcome is dependent  on trading skills.  and you can lose your money instantly and earn good instantly
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:42:00 PM

in trading there are chart and analysis, if gambling it is based on pure luck

so i dont think its the same
yeah agree. you must see the history price, condition now, volume, etc
different with gambling you can play all the time
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 03:59:59 PM

Although there are chart but you really can't analyze the price because there is no some basic with it so the price is volatile and you can't really know when the price will rise or not. All of it is just based on speculation. So I think trading is just gambling with a different method so it is just the same
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 04:01:21 PM

Trading is the same as gambling, You gamble your principal money to try to earn some good profit. since it has a risk and chance of losing..its the same as gambling

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 04:01:55 PM

yeah agree. you must see the history price, condition now, volume, etc
different with gambling you can play all the time
But at the end of it, you're still risking money, aren't you? That's taking a gamble.

gam·ble
ˈɡambəl/
verb
gerund or present participle: gambling
1. play games of chance for money; bet.
2. take risky action in the hope of a desired result.

You're taking a risk in trading, in hopes that you'll end up with a profit. That's risking money, which is... gambling. Sure, you've got analysis and strategies, but that's still gambling; take a look at people who have "gambling strategies" as well. They're not guaranteed to profit, but they offer some insight.

kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:03:50 PM

Hey people,

I've always been a huge gambler. I like creating useless schemes (as we all know bank always win ^^) and betting whole nights long in order to find THE right way of betting.
But I need change, I can't bet over and over on the same game cause after I see that nothing can be done to change the odds, I'm bored.

So I thought a bit about trading and I started not so long ago. and it feels a bit like a betting game without knowing the odds and with an infinity of parameters!

Does anyone else takes trading as a gambling game? Smiley

Yes I do, including investing and lending. And to trading, there are no guarantees and there is always risk, therefore it was gambling. But I think for some professional and skilled traders, they consider it as a source of income

btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:58:59 PM

Since both of gambling & trading has a risk of loss, I can say there are same.
But they have different chance of loss.

By gambling depend on HE and your luck today. Some site can be manipulated the result so beware of it.
Meanwhile trading mostly depend on supply and demand on one community etc... so it's quite difficult for "dealer or owner" to cheated the result of trading
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:17:49 PM

Do you think that market charts are actually always correct? Don't we had major crises, economic recessions, major flops of known companies in the past?
And we had really unknown company from nowhere rise to power in short time. Some things cannot be predicted by reason.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 06:00:41 PM

I don't consider trading similar to gambling though both have a risk involved. In gambling, you either lose the entire amount you bet else you win profit which doesn't happen in trading. I do feel that profit earned by trading is comparatively less than gambling as you can't win jackpots but for me trading is worth more even if I earn very less profit. I still can withdraw the money after trading it.

phibay

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:17:54 PM

i am into trading actually but i am starting to learn , especially altcoins like VAL and i think i will consider it as gambling bcuz there is risk involved and getting profit is not sure bcuz price is unpredictable,
LiberOptions

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:22:25 PM

trading is sort of like gambling. However, with trading you can have more control over your investment.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:58:50 PM

trading is sort of like gambling. However, with trading you can have more control over your investment.
Trading involves equal risk as gambling, so why not consider it as gambling ? I 100% consider it as gambling, moreover I think trading can result in wins and losses so yeah its almost 100% like gambling. I still prefer trading though over gambling.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:01:46 PM

I thin it's pretty much the same. You can't be sure when you are trading, the same way you can't be sure of the outcome when you are gambling. They both involve risk and money, so I think they are both gambling.
The main difference I think, is that people that trade, are usually more disciplined since they want to avoid risk and maximize profit. In pure gambling I think it's easier to find people that just want the thrill of risking something.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Zaun

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Forza Roma

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:01:51 PM

Well investing and trading are very different. But i agree that trading has a lot of gambling aspects.
Being the hope for an asset to rise on the short term. My thing about this is that trading is different however.
dipkiss

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:05:34 PM

If we talking about binary trading,then its 100% same as like gambling.but in some case all types of trading are not same as gambling
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2941

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 07:22:31 PM

I thin it's pretty much the same. You can't be sure when you are trading, the same way you can't be sure of the outcome when you are gambling. They both involve risk and money, so I think they are both gambling.
The main difference I think, is that people that trade, are usually more disciplined since they want to avoid risk and maximize profit. In pure gambling I think it's easier to find people that just want the thrill of risking something.
They are difference and trading is not a gambling, yeah they are the same risky but i think they are not the same profit that you can get in trading than gambling.. If you say trading i think its the same as exchange so you are just exchange your bitcoin into other currency and wait for the price increase.
About gambling you can only get profit if you play it in dice or any gambling site. you can only gain profit if you win.. and if you lose in gambling there's no return unlock in trading that if you see in the market that the price is decrease you can sell altcoin instantly so that you  can only get low risk.. but big return..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
CasioK

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:32:11 PM

No, for simple reason that with trading you don't depend on luck as much as you do with gambling.
Investing is the form of gambling (and it is proven that trading or investing can be addiction in the same way gambling could be).
Financial markets can be capricious and unstable to the point you have no idea if odds are against or with you.
The only fact that differentiate gambling and investing is that if you are fast enough you can recover part of your bankroll while investing.
See everything that makes you feel addicted cannot be considered as gambling but still I feel you are right because with trading there is equal risk of loosing and if you call it 100% skill based then you are wrong.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: