Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:03:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you consider trading as gambling?  (Read 47278 times)
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:26:07 PM

Its pretty different, I dont see what the fun of trading? Huh No offense, but waiting the price up down sounds boring to me, and yeah I never experienced it myself
agree with you. I do not find pleasure in the trade. possible only when the success of your orders.
but to wait for your orders filled. you need some time may be longer than 12 hours or one day more. so you can not play at any time trading. because the key is patience. you have to wait for a long time.
very boring. different to gambling

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
landoadog

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:32:44 PM

Trading has its ups and down as prices are changing frequently,many people consider it as gambling because with the wrong decision you will surely lose a lot of money.
RivalOption

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 03:34:48 PM

Over the time unit is small it more raproche game
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:52:48 PM

Its pretty different, I dont see what the fun of trading? Huh No offense, but waiting the price up down sounds boring to me, and yeah I never experienced it myself

Since you never experienced it first hand, you do not have much say on the subject. Why don't you give it a try first. For me, it has the same excitement and frustration as in gambling. Though it is better because your skills are tested not just luck.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1123

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 04:18:46 PM

Trading = it's not illegal, but gambling i can say that absolutely illegal.

and if you play trading you will not lose all your money, only half or not lose all different with gambling Smiley
Yeah I think its because they cant driving their greediness in gambling, where they can get money quickly if they win and lose easily too. In trading, its hard to get profit in short time, because we have to be patience there. So, even though we are greedy, its not that easy for us to lost all of our money.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 04:24:51 PM

Since you never experienced it first hand, you do not have much say on the subject. Why don't you give it a try first. For me, it has the same excitement and frustration as in gambling. Though it is better because your skills are tested not just luck.

you have to have some prior knowledge about something then give opinion about it being good or bad. trading is all skills and information, it is not just staring at a screen waiting for price to go up or down you should predict these things then act on it.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:53:55 AM

Trading is so much better than gambling. You can earn more money with trading so that is pretty good.
I hope later that more people will realize that gambling is very bad to do and that they must stop with it or just play with small amounts.

I also support trading more than gambling. But gambling i think maybe more profitable than trading. In gambling, we have many chances of loss of our amount. Mostly people like gambling than trading. Since trading is already is so much low now-a-day, people are not getting interest in trading. When price will go up, trading will also became more.So we have to wait to go the price up for better trading !  Smiley

But I don't think gambling is more profitable than trading because trading need only time to grow your money and you can surely make good profits. But if you plan for short term profits in trading than it will be very risky. Gambling we need only luck to win and if we win than surely more profitable than trading.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:58:47 AM

Trading is so much better than gambling. You can earn more money with trading so that is pretty good.
I hope later that more people will realize that gambling is very bad to do and that they must stop with it or just play with small amounts.

I also support trading more than gambling. But gambling i think maybe more profitable than trading. In gambling, we have many chances of loss of our amount. Mostly people like gambling than trading. Since trading is already is so much low now-a-day, people are not getting interest in trading. When price will go up, trading will also became more.So we have to wait to go the price up for better trading !  Smiley

But I don't think gambling is more profitable than trading because trading need only time to grow your money and you can surely make good profits. But if you plan for short term profits in trading than it will be very risky. Gambling we need only luck to win and if we win than surely more profitable than trading.
Well, indeed gambling generates more money than trading, because they both are different, gambling relying on luck to earn a profit, while trading rely on the ability to profit

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
iram66680

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 05:22:14 AM

Trading should be considered gambling because you are putting your money on commodities with one thing over another option. So yes it is gambling since you are taking a risk when trading with those stocks or commodities, when you could be investing it which is saving an not gambling it (no risk involved).

martinacar

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:23:46 PM

Yup. From my perspective, trading bitcoin or alts can be considered as gambling. When i trade i am researching coins same as some sports gambler research football teams. In both cases it is gamble if you dont have some reliable insider info.

If your planning for quick profits from trading means by day trading than trading is almost equal to gambling. But if you just buy coins and keep it for price appreciation than it is not gambling because in gambling you will lose all your money in one shot but in long term trading you will get a chance to take out some portion of your money or you can make some decent profits.

I feel like if you are just buying coins to holding for long term that is more investing.  Its just then you will have good investors and bad investors.  End of the day you can make a case for all these words to be used in whatever context.  You cant really live life without gambling even by breathing you hope to get air and by crossing the street you hope to not get run over.  Both outcomes aren't 100% certain.
Trading is much better than gambling. You can earn more money with trading than with gambling.
With gambling there is a high chance that you only lose some money and that is not good. I hope that more people will realize.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:47:01 PM

I think trading can be considered as gambling due to the fact you are almost doing the same, also the point that you need a luck rate is a reason why it can considered as gambling.
Trading can be very good but it can also let you lose a lot of bitcoins if you ask me.
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:06:51 PM

it's probably not fully gambling if you know what you are doing, for example if you doing analysis and your trading is based on that then I don't consider it gambling and it would be more of systematic trading, this is just my opinion though.
rekinthis

Activity: 658

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:24:28 PM

Hey people,

I've always been a huge gambler. I like creating useless schemes (as we all know bank always win ^^) and betting whole nights long in order to find THE right way of betting.
But I need change, I can't bet over and over on the same game cause after I see that nothing can be done to change the odds, I'm bored.

So I thought a bit about trading and I started not so long ago. and it feels a bit like a betting game without knowing the odds and with an infinity of parameters!

Does anyone else takes trading as a gambling game? Smiley

Well, to me, trading and gambling is pretty same, i mean you can win and lose on both, it is risky too, needs time and also luck, and most important, you can be addicted

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:47:30 PM

If you rely on your luck to make decisions, then there is no differences between gambling and trading. But different skills are required for gambling and trading. But, personally I do not consider trading is same as gambling.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 09:12:54 PM

If you rely on your luck to make decisions, then there is no differences between gambling and trading. But different skills are required for gambling and trading. But, personally I do not consider trading is same as gambling.

Well yes, but gambling is way to risky to consider it as investing while trading can be considered as investing, since you got an actual chance of making profit.
In that regard they are totally different and is trading not gambling.
CoinsRoyal

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 11:02:08 PM

Well yes, but gambling is way to risky to consider it as investing while trading can be considered as investing, since you got an actual chance of making profit.
In that regard they are totally different and is trading not gambling.

For me they are alike. If you buy some coin the chance you lose all is very much possible.
Some goes for gambling. So bitcoin trading and gambling are the same.
But with other kinds of trading it's true that the risk is lower is very much different.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 03:13:33 AM

almost the same . because trading is uncertain. so if we lose and win at trading it is gambling. gains and losses we fight.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 03:54:56 AM

I think trading is less like gambling because there is a lot more strategy and potential for knowledge to actually be applied in the stock market, as opposed to gambling which is typically based on random chance.
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 04:26:45 AM

I think trading is less like gambling because there is a lot more strategy and potential for knowledge to actually be applied in the stock market, as opposed to gambling which is typically based on random chance.
Yes, if both look similar, but in fact very different trading and gambling you're absolutely right, if you play a lot more trading strategy and potential for knowledge. whereas in gambling there is only a random selection and rely on luck
znickelbackz

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 04:50:44 AM

strategies, knowledge,... are really hard things to archive, and use, especially in trading. many people just jump in trading without them and it's like gambling.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: