Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:15:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you consider trading as gambling?  (Read 47278 times)
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 01:32:59 PM

Actually just have a thought about it. It is a gambling game. Specially when you are betting on a new coin. Where you dont know yet where it will go. Could go up or down with or without knowledge about it
Technically, both of gambling and trading are same, but in trading there is speculation, which we don't know exactly when we will get the profit or loss from our activity. With gambling, we know immediately the result we have bet after the game .

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HilbillyFred

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 03:22:45 PM

The chance to lose some money with gambling is much higher than with trading and that is why gambling is so bad because you can easily be poor of it.
And with trading you can earn some money with it if you are doing the right thing.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:17:53 PM

Hey people,

I've always been a huge gambler. I like creating useless schemes (as we all know bank always win ^^) and betting whole nights long in order to find THE right way of betting.
But I need change, I can't bet over and over on the same game cause after I see that nothing can be done to change the odds, I'm bored.

So I thought a bit about trading and I started not so long ago. and it feels a bit like a betting game without knowing the odds and with an infinity of parameters!

Does anyone else takes trading as a gambling game? Smiley
in logical view,its just same between gambling and trading,both are same wait for the answer,lose in gambling mean the price is going lower in trading,and won in gambling mean the price raise so high in trading,make sense?
Yes and to support the fact that trading is also a form of gambling is that most of the sites have started to take bets on bitcoin price, where you guess for a specific time, the price,  and if its higher than that you win and lower you loose.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:27:36 PM

Depending on which coins you trade and how good you are, yes trading can be considered as gambling in some cases.
But in general it's all about knowledge, skills and greed.Never let emotions take over!!
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:45:14 PM

Depending on which coins you trade and how good you are, yes trading can be considered as gambling in some cases.
But in general it's all about knowledge, skills and greed.Never let emotions take over!!

Yes trading is also gambling but here we are bit safer side. if we know market very well means we can make money here. so for this we can study daily how market is running. with out having this knowledge if you entered in trading means it is very difficult to make money. 
aranachristianjay

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:48:38 PM

Hey people,

I've always been a huge gambler. I like creating useless schemes (as we all know bank always win ^^) and betting whole nights long in order to find THE right way of betting.
But I need change, I can't bet over and over on the same game cause after I see that nothing can be done to change the odds, I'm bored.

So I thought a bit about trading and I started not so long ago. and it feels a bit like a betting game without knowing the odds and with an infinity of parameters!

Yes it is still a gambling as long as your investing a money for a return of bigger amount then it is.

But trading is much more lesser on risk of losing your BTC as long as you monitor the prices of the coins that you have, so it means that you have the total control of your coins there and when will it make profit, when in compared to gambling or betting you doesn't have the surety of winning as it is full of risk and you don't have any control of it anymore as long as you send your bet of your choice.
plost24

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:49:28 PM

so many people say that trading is not gambling but i really think that trading is gambling with 30% luck and 70% skills you need to know what to trade and where to trade to make some analysis of the market and then chose the right think to trade with or the currency to trade it.
maybe it is gambling but with a low risk to lose if you have the skills for trading.

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:54:54 PM

That is very good advice to not let your emotions take over!

OP, If you're not on the inside and know where the market is heading 100% then it is gambling, you can have the edge and make some money/extra coin, sure but you will need luck when to buy at the right time and when to sell at the right time, sounds familiar to gambling just with better odds if you have what the above mentioned?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:37:50 AM

That is very good advice to not let your emotions take over!

OP, If you're not on the inside and know where the market is heading 100% then it is gambling, you can have the edge and make some money/extra coin, sure but you will need luck when to buy at the right time and when to sell at the right time, sounds familiar to gambling just with better odds if you have what the above mentioned?

Yah, a lot of people lose a lot because their emotion get the better of them. They even end up all in and loss everything in one shot.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:47:15 AM

I honestly consider it as trading due to the fact you also need luck for it and are taking a risk that you let you lose a lot of money these days.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:35:14 AM

Hey people,

in logical view,its just same between gambling and trading,both are same wait for the answer,lose in gambling mean the price is going lower in trading,and won in gambling mean the price raise so high in trading,make sense?
Yes and to support the fact that trading is also a form of gambling is that most of the sites have started to take bets on bitcoin price, where you guess for a specific time, the price,  and if its higher than that you win and lower you loose.

it only becomes a gambling if you are making a wild guess where the price is going. Trading is not a gambling if you know what you are doing. Problem is people wants to be a trader but do not want to do what is necessary to become one. You cannot become a trader overnight. You study and do a lot of practice trading and make sure your system is right before you can trade. Skip that and you might as well just do dice.
Bitcoinbee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 05:22:25 AM

so many people say that trading is not gambling but i really think that trading is gambling with 30% luck and 70% skills you need to know what to trade and where to trade to make some analysis of the market and then chose the right think to trade with or the currency to trade it.
maybe it is gambling but with a low risk to lose if you have the skills for trading.

Yes trading can be gambled if placing your investments in an uncertain situation where in the result would be more than the limit of gaining and loosing, taking the chance to gamble your trading investments here is totally possible.

The world's best bitcoin sports betting site!
https://www.lunarbets.eu/
Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $
Piltover

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:10:36 AM

Trading is totally different from Gambling.  Thus you have to combine the two ideas like to gamble in trading which will mean trading similar to gambling.  To gamble in trading is making investments knowing that there will be a possibility to end up on big loses or a normal gains or big profits.  it is like taking a chance and all the result are maximum (Loosing everything or gaining).
Yes you are right but gambling is just for fun and people that are trading wants to make profit of course with Bitcoin because they cant sell it with profit.
And gambling is just doing for fun and losing money in gambling is also a higher chance so that is bad.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:12:39 AM

Yes trading can be gambled if placing your investments in an uncertain situation where in the result would be more than the limit of gaining and loosing, taking the chance to gamble your trading investments here is totally possible.

Yeah, there are certain risks and uncertain risks. If you are putting your funds in a situation where you cannot determine how much maximum you can possibly lose, and how much maximum you can gain, then it is pretty much gambling.

But generally trading should be regarded as less risky as gambling, as no one gets addicted to trading.
LiQuidx

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:51:41 AM

Since the outcome has a probabilistic nature and you can not determine the outcome (the prize of bitcoin in this case) yes it is gambling. Of course there are other factors you can weight in trading "minimizing" the risk you take (and your profit consequently) but it still is a form of "educated" gamble.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Bitcoinbee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:50:54 AM

Since the outcome has a probabilistic nature and you can not determine the outcome (the prize of bitcoin in this case) yes it is gambling. Of course there are other factors you can weight in trading "minimizing" the risk you take (and your profit consequently) but it still is a form of "educated" gamble.

Yes it could be probably be like that.  It is not totally investing in trading with a risk to keep an eye with.  Within the risks is a possibility that you are in a gamble to have profits since we are not totally 100% certain that we will be having a successful trade.

The world's best bitcoin sports betting site!
https://www.lunarbets.eu/
Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $
bandung01

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 11:40:25 AM

of course not , trades more successful than gambling . Smiley

vDICE.io |     √ Processed 10,000 Bets     √ Ethereum Smart Contract (Dapp)
vDICE.io|                      The Crowdsale Object: ‘vSlice’ Token
vDICE.io |     √ Ethereum blockchain       √ ‘SatoshiDICE-style’ betting game
.|
 |
 |
ICO Open
ICO Open
ICO Open
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 11:51:13 AM

In general trading is comparable to gambling..
But since there are so many factors which influence the price.. its not pure gambling.

Its more about gathering informations and predicting the price.

Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:18:12 PM

You can consider it as gambling I have no doubts about it and I also think it is a sort of gambling to be honest because its like gambling with the risks it has these days.
Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:20:41 PM

In depends on the type of gambling you choose, only one gambling type that I could consider as trading, it is none other than sports betting. In sports betting, there is an opening line and closing line, now, if you are good in analyzing the line you can always make a profit doing some kind of arbitrage. In addition, you can also doing it in live betting which is for me is the best example of what you are talking as trading.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: