Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:18:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you consider trading as gambling?  (Read 47257 times)
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:22:32 PM

You can consider it as gambling I have no doubts about it and I also think it is a sort of gambling to be honest because its like gambling with the risks it has these days.

The only different is gambling has house edge ! Meanwhile trading depend on supply and demand things mostly.
But they both are unpredictable so it contains some risk so people must aware for it.

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The_electra

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:26:46 PM

They are different trading is trading gambling is gambling..  trading you are buying things that you can make a profit or lose a profit. Gambling you are playing your money to make a profit or to make fun.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:18:39 PM

In gambling, you will lose all your bet if you make the wrong prediction. However, in trading you can take a small loss if the trade don't go your way. This way, you won't lose your capital so it seems that trading is less risky than gambling.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:15:05 PM

Hey people,

I've always been a huge gambler. I like creating useless schemes (as we all know bank always win ^^) and betting whole nights long in order to find THE right way of betting.
But I need change, I can't bet over and over on the same game cause after I see that nothing can be done to change the odds, I'm bored.

So I thought a bit about trading and I started not so long ago. and it feels a bit like a betting game without knowing the odds and with an infinity of parameters!

Does anyone else takes trading as a gambling game? Smiley
Its almost same,we are same to guess what will happen next,on gambling we guessing about score,number and etc,and when we trade something,we guessing about price,increase or decrease,its similarity.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:48:14 PM

You can consider it as gambling I have no doubts about it and I also think it is a sort of gambling to be honest because its like gambling with the risks it has these days.

The only different is gambling has house edge ! Meanwhile trading depend on supply and demand things mostly.
But they both are unpredictable so it contains some risk so people must aware for it.
Don't trading site have .2% something fees? yep trading as well gambling have risks, i would prefer trading over gambling because in trading you will at least get some returns but in gambling you'll lose all.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:25:17 PM

Don't trading site have .2% something fees? yep trading as well gambling have risks, i would prefer trading over gambling because in trading you will at least get some returns but in gambling you'll lose all.
They are different for me because of gambling is game that you are betting something if you win you can gain but if you lose you can not get any.. unlike trading if theres price decrease you can still sell it..
nikrobi

Activity: 303
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 05:28:58 PM

It's different, but gambling is easiest, you just set your bet, chance to win, and press the button to roll. To trade you must have more knowledge about. A newbie need to learn many things before start trading, I think it's hard.

The similarity between both is that you can lose much money with trading and gambling. No one is a safe mode to make profit, so better to think twice before gamble and trade.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 06:09:14 PM

In depends on the type of gambling you choose, only one gambling type that I could consider as trading, it is none other than sports betting. In sports betting, there is an opening line and closing line, now, if you are good in analyzing the line you can always make a profit doing some kind of arbitrage. In addition, you can also doing it in live betting which is for me is the best example of what you are talking as trading.

Agree here. And sports betting type of gambling can take you for a long term like doing trading. Proper analyzation, good picks and right timing, just as the same as doing trading.

Also both are exciting because "you think" you can control the flow of what will happen.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Viyamore

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 06:48:52 PM

It's different, but gambling is easiest, you just set your bet, chance to win, and press the button to roll. To trade you must have more knowledge about. A newbie need to learn many things before start trading, I think it's hard.

The similarity between both is that you can lose much money with trading and gambling. No one is a safe mode to make profit, so better to think twice before gamble and trade.
Yes ,both are risky but the point is you will never win if you keeps worrying about the risk of taking that game.i will say that you may have to try both of it then analyze if it going easy then its good if not atleast you know how to play or the game on it.
Risk always have a sibling of gambling cause if you're on the risk of any investmant it is called gambling.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
CasioK

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 08:12:34 PM

Trading is gambling. Everything is a gamble, actually. Because there will always be a probability that something will fail on every single thing. As for trading, the market is very unpredictable, especially in cryptocurrency. People will try to buy low, then later you notice that everyone is actually dumping the coin already before you can earn a profit.

I have to disagree with you, trading is not gambling. Basically trading requires knowledge about market and ups and downs while gambling is urely based on luck and nothing can be won without luck.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
doublemore

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 08:29:05 PM

Trading is gambling. Everything is a gamble, actually. Because there will always be a probability that something will fail on every single thing. As for trading, the market is very unpredictable, especially in cryptocurrency. People will try to buy low, then later you notice that everyone is actually dumping the coin already before you can earn a profit.

I have to disagree with you, trading is not gambling. Basically trading requires knowledge about market and ups and downs while gambling is urely based on luck and nothing can be won without luck.

Buts let remember trading is a game of incomplete information also, the more information you have in trading the better trade you should be able to make.  Chess is a game of complete information for example.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 09:25:42 PM

Buts let remember trading is a game of incomplete information also, the more information you have in trading the better trade you should be able to make.  Chess is a game of complete information for example.

Well yes and no
Chess is a game of thinkers. You think ahead with a strategy. The same applies for trading unless you make a stupid choice to just invest in a 'stock'

Gambling however can be diversified in both
- Risky gambling without a real strategy (working strategy):
- Less risky gambling with a clear strategy (like poker)
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:36:34 PM

It can be considered as gambling but I do not think its really gambling what you are doing, gambling is really based on luck and with trading this is not the point if you ask me.
Due to this I think its better to just say its not the same..

fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 01:51:48 AM

I do agree that partially it is true because sometimes insiders will cheat normal traders with fake news. But if one is going for longer time trading then mostly they may get a chance to make a profit otherwise it is not so easy what people think. But surely it is not entirely gambling but if anyone trade without knowledge then it can be considered as gambling.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:40:32 AM

In depends on the type of gambling you choose, only one gambling type that I could consider as trading, it is none other than sports betting. In sports betting, there is an opening line and closing line, now, if you are good in analyzing the line you can always make a profit doing some kind of arbitrage. In addition, you can also doing it in live betting which is for me is the best example of what you are talking as trading.

You may actually have a point here. With all the analyzing and studying in order to make a good bet on a sports betting, it can be compared to the way you study and analyze graphs in order to make a good trade. Sports betting is like and can be considered as trading. But dice gambling, can never be considered as trading. It is pure luck.
brianlee01

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:03:04 AM

In gambling, you will lose all your bet if you make the wrong prediction. However, in trading you can take a small loss if the trade don't go your way. This way, you won't lose your capital so it seems that trading is less risky than gambling.
I think in Trading too we can lose if wrong choice what coin that you want to trade. It depend on supply and demand of that coin. we can lose some money if in that time the coin is decreased. And you're right gambling is more risky than trading. If lose in gambling all your money in the bet will lost there is nothing left, and if trading maybe your money only slightly reduced.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 05:43:41 AM

In general trading is comparable to gambling..
But since there are so many factors which influence the price.. its not pure gambling.

Its more about gathering informations and predicting the price.
yeah possibly tarde is a mixture of luck, skill, and knowledge, so trade is not pure on gambling?
because it only uses a little luck? you can not have long-term gains/profit from trade if you just rely on luck dude
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:18:37 AM

In general trading is comparable to gambling..
But since there are so many factors which influence the price.. its not pure gambling.

Its more about gathering informations and predicting the price.
yeah possibly tarde is a mixture of luck, skill, and knowledge, so trade is not pure on gambling?
because it only uses a little luck? you can not have long-term gains/profit from trade if you just rely on luck dude

You might as well just gamble if you want to trade and base it on pure luck. You cannot do well on trading slacking off. You have to work hard too, studying, reading news and analyzing charts. If you do not do that, then you are just giving away your money. You might have a better chance on dice than on trading if you work it that way.
ravens

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:19:51 AM

I think that trading is gambling since they both mainly rely on luck.

▄ ▀ ▄ ▀   LET'S THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE   ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●   WhyFuture.com   ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
A Blog That Discusses About Artificial Intelligence, The Future, Ethics on AI, and more
doublemore

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:58:25 AM

Buts let remember trading is a game of incomplete information also, the more information you have in trading the better trade you should be able to make.  Chess is a game of complete information for example.

Well yes and no
Chess is a game of thinkers. You think ahead with a strategy. The same applies for trading unless you make a stupid choice to just invest in a 'stock'

Gambling however can be diversified in both
- Risky gambling without a real strategy (working strategy):
- Less risky gambling with a clear strategy (like poker)

My understanding with chess is it is a game with complete information and thats why computers cant be beat in this game.  Computers can still beat in trading and poker but i guess some day that wont be the case? still waiting on a computer that can beat high level NLHE though.  I know there are trading computers but the best trading decisions are still made by humans (invest in bitcoin @ 1 penny in 2008 for example).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: