Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:02:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you consider trading as gambling?  (Read 47278 times)
CroSany

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 04:54:00 PM

It can be considered as gambling but I do not think its really gambling what you are doing, gambling is really based on luck and with trading this is not the point if you ask me.
Due to this I think its better to just say its not the same..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
secone

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 05:09:33 PM

It can be considered as gambling but I do not think its really gambling what you are doing, gambling is really based on luck and with trading this is not the point if you ask me.
Due to this I think its better to just say its not the same..

Trade could also be based on luck, because the price is always unpredictable. especially if you do not know about anything, just look at the price, without having to know any information, so expect a luck from the price could rise. but if you are quite expert in the trade and have a good knowledge, I think it was pure skill.
shadobitz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 05:36:11 PM

Trading and gambling are two different things even there are risks in both. gambling where you win or loose immediately in most games. Trading where you need to understand the behavior of market and knowledge. Your decisions play role to make you profit or bring you loss in trading. There are two different things in my opinion.
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 07:27:35 PM

At my vision, gambling and trading are not the same, but both have similarities. They have high risks and possible high rewards, the main difference for me is that in trading you can set your own time to get out or wait, and invest based in development and informations. In gambling is almost always a game of luck.
Trading does have a good and upper hand compared to gambling, as with trading you can stock the altcoins and wait more and more to get the price increased while with gambling you loose money once and thats it no chances to recover at all.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2941

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 07:45:23 PM

At my vision, gambling and trading are not the same, but both have similarities. They have high risks and possible high rewards, the main difference for me is that in trading you can set your own time to get out or wait, and invest based in development and informations. In gambling is almost always a game of luck.
Trading does have a good and upper hand compared to gambling, as with trading you can stock the altcoins and wait more and more to get the price increased while with gambling you loose money once and thats it no chances to recover at all.
Yeah right you can be still have a chance in trading that you can make a profit or even you can recover your loses..  unlike gambling that if you already lose you can not recover it all.. so i can not consider trading is gambling.. they are different.. trading is just like a market that you are buying a product anytime the price of product you are selling can be expensive more in future or can be cheap..
Its just like in trading. unlike in gamble that you are making fun with gambling..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
renem

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 11:30:53 PM

Hey people,

I've always been a huge gambler. I like creating useless schemes (as we all know bank always win ^^) and betting whole nights long in order to find THE right way of betting.
But I need change, I can't bet over and over on the same game cause after I see that nothing can be done to change the odds, I'm bored.

So I thought a bit about trading and I started not so long ago. and it feels a bit like a betting game without knowing the odds and with an infinity of parameters!

Does anyone else takes trading as a gambling game? Smiley
I don't consider trading as gambling because in trading you can minimize your lose there if you are going buy some altcoin to test with but if that alt coin is dump then you could be lose but if that alt coin pump then you win big i never considering trading as gambling because in trading you can minimize your lose thats all and in gambling you play for your money where you can easily win .
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:17:17 AM

Hey people,

I've always been a huge gambler. I like creating useless schemes (as we all know bank always win ^^) and betting whole nights long in order to find THE right way of betting.
But I need change, I can't bet over and over on the same game cause after I see that nothing can be done to change the odds, I'm bored.

So I thought a bit about trading and I started not so long ago. and it feels a bit like a betting game without knowing the odds and with an infinity of parameters!

Hmm well trading for me is like gambling also because you are risking your money that you are taking the risk so that you can able to grow your money or bitcoin , but in gambling is more that you are playing with your money and your making fun of it but you can lose or win depends on your skill
I don't agree, for me this two (gambling and trading) are different because in gambling we cannot earn as often as we wanted. In trading we can earn profit but we need more patience for us to succeed.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:23:55 AM

Trading is not considered as gambling even both have the same risk on losing your money but on trading you could minimize the risk by studying trading techniques.

It is considered because there are money involved that will earn or lose.

The difference is, you can't purely rely on luck in trading since you can play with the price volatility compare to gambling where you will face the house edge of those gambling games that uses that one.

And techniques really a must but also you have to build experience as that is they key for a person to become a good trader.
Trading gives a great opportunity to earn and the longer we trade the more we learn base on our experience while in gambling the longer we stay to play the more we become fool, the real chance is in trading but it is not a guaranteed money as you need to learn it to earn it.
Yes but that makes gambling more superior than the trade is very easy to guess where the course of the game is different with trading are difficult to guessing where the price would going.
gambling is way more difficult than trading because with trading there is possible to get more money with experience while gambling is pure luck
I really agree with this I also not lucky enough so in gambling I cannot win as often as I wanted. But I know that in trading if you have good skills and enough knowledge you can achieve what you wanted.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 06:51:18 AM

Trading is not considered as gambling even both have the same risk on losing your money but on trading you could minimize the risk by studying trading techniques.

It is considered because there are money involved that will earn or lose.

The difference is, you can't purely rely on luck in trading since you can play with the price volatility compare to gambling where you will face the house edge of those gambling games that uses that one.

And techniques really a must but also you have to build experience as that is they key for a person to become a good trader.
Trading gives a great opportunity to earn and the longer we trade the more we learn base on our experience while in gambling the longer we stay to play the more we become fool, the real chance is in trading but it is not a guaranteed money as you need to learn it to earn it.
Yes but that makes gambling more superior than the trade is very easy to guess where the course of the game is different with trading are difficult to guessing where the price would going.
There are sites like secondstrade where we can bet on prices of USD and bitcoins and a lot more. So for me gambling and trading are completely same though in trading you get small risk and small profits while gambling you risk high and win also high and yeah trading needs more time while gambling can be quick.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 07:12:07 PM

Quite stumbling.

Trading are gambling both are same thing but  with different names and different circumstances.

Both involves risk but trading is skill and gambling is totally luck.
You are right but looking at the market now a days its really safe to say that gambling and trading both have equal risks since the market is really non liquid.
Still that been said if I was given to choose among two I would go with trading.
BitcoinMuscle

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 08:52:39 PM

Hey people,

in my opinion in trading you have to be more skilled to earn lot of money, i gamble you can win more easily but in both is a risk of losing money
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 08:58:23 PM

Hey people,

in my opinion in trading you have to be more skilled to earn lot of money, i gamble you can win more easily but in both is a risk of losing money

Through gambling you're winning just as easy as you are losing. It's all about the 50/50 chance.
btccraze2

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:11:20 PM

it is basically like gambling in my opinion because you need a lot of luck in my opinion
PsursV

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:46:01 PM

Yeah i consider trading as gambling , because sometime trading and gambling can be a risky and sometime can be get a big profit from trading and gambling mean both are same for me.
but i am not agree with you statement, to me trading and gambling are two different things, although bot are risky but in trading you even have a chance of gaining your money again while in gambling if you lose your money, you cannot recover it.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:06:26 PM

Quite stumbling.

Trading are gambling both are same thing but  with different names and different circumstances.

Both involves risk but trading is skill and gambling is totally luck.
You are right but looking at the market now a days its really safe to say that gambling and trading both have equal risks since the market is really non liquid.
Still that been said if I was given to choose among two I would go with trading.
what market do you talking about? generally trading and gambling are a pretty much different thing , it couldn't compared each other. while trading are an activity to buy and sell things in a profitable price , and gambling are about wagering your money to make it double based on the outcome an event. both have a risk doesn't mean both are a same thing.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
BitcoinMuscle

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 11:49:16 PM

Yeah i consider trading as gambling , because sometime trading and gambling can be a risky and sometime can be get a big profit from trading and gambling mean both are same for me.
but i am not agree with you statement, to me trading and gambling are two different things, although bot are risky but in trading you even have a chance of gaining your money again while in gambling if you lose your money, you cannot recover it.
in gambling is you lose or win, i trading is more about knoledge to know in what to invest while .
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:30:22 AM

I don't consider trading as gambling, because gambling is a lot more risky than trading. With trading you can earn if you have good knowledge and you study the market , but gambling depend only in luck
aranachristianjay

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:34:10 AM

Hey people,

For me gambling is different to trading.

Because in gambling you are just looking for a sheer luck to take home a big amount of profit.

Wherein trading uses analytical thinking, knowledge, research and skills to have a big profit.

Trading risk is much more lower in comparison to gambling.
BitcoinMuscle

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:44:25 AM

Hey people,

For me gambling is different to trading.

Because in gambling you are just looking for a sheer luck to take home a big amount of profit.

Wherein trading uses analytical thinking, knowledge, research and skills to have a big profit.

Trading risk is much more lower in comparison to gambling.
Trading also involve a big risk . You can lose serios money with trading if you are doing something wrong. Still gambling risk is bigger
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:47:51 AM

Trading and Gambling are both same for me, as both are risky and waste of time, both involves risk of your money, which you can loose at any stage, so its better to stay away from both.
Yeah i am agree with you ser trading and gambling are the same for me because the only difference of this two are in trading you can minimize your lose or you can minimize how much are you going to buy in altcoin because sometimes the more we buy it the more the chance that the coin will pump up and in gambling let's say that you can easily double our money their but there are no sure or 100% that we can win straight.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: