Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:55:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you consider trading as gambling?  (Read 47278 times)
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 08:29:51 AM

Trading can't really be considered gambling.
Coin trading is an investment which is meant to earn from.
Gambling is entertainment and you should just assume you're going to lose.

but not everyone lose in gambling, there are so many experienced people who are earning a good money from gambling on regular bases, they are too much professional and experience people. they know all the tricks in gambling that can lead you to success.

It is all our imagination that many people are winning money from gambling but in reality, you don't see so many winners in gambling. Gambling is not made to make money instead it is just to enjoy your free time with small amounts. Don't waste your time and money to make easy money from gambling.
Winning in gambling is very hard but having fun is the best way to do with our money, we can lose yet it's nothing to us because we were able to have fun and get the value of our money. If we feel that we do not have a good chance of winning based on our record, it's advisable to accept it early so as not to aggravate our loses. When you are having fun, you do not think of your loses as you can afford what you have spent.
There are so many experienced and professional people who are making money in gambling, these people actually know the tricks of gambling, they know the right time to add money in bankroll, they consider gambling as their main source of income and are really satisfied from their income they make in gambling.

I know one such professional gambler and he never touched trading. Only people without skills find trading similar to gambling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Harry Callahan

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:38:07 AM

Yeah iprefer gambling than trading.
gambling FUN Trading Boring.
on the flip side gambling is risky and has the ability to vanish your bank roll just like that and when it comes to be boring trading platform you still have the coins to move around rather than losing your entire bank roll.
Weatherby

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 10:27:51 AM

Yeah iprefer gambling than trading.
gambling FUN Trading Boring.
on the flip side gambling is risky and has the ability to vanish your bank roll just like that and when it comes to be boring trading platform you still have the coins to move around rather than losing your entire bank roll.
If you are not having the ability to think clearly then gambling is not the place you should be and there are other forms donations you could try Cheesy trading and gambling are entirely different but the core looks like the same thing as both are speculations but trading has a good base while gambling is game of chance.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2144

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:01:05 AM

For me trading is just halfly gambling because somehow you can control the outcome of the trade like just shulio said in the above post.
In gambling, even if you use some martinfail or whatever you call strategy you are still depending on luck entirely.

You can "control"  the outcome only if you are a mega whale and your orders actually shift the market. To be more correct, you can try to predict prices basing on some knowledge, and some people have enough success with their predictions to make trading their main profession, unlike gamblers.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jtalk
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:48:19 AM

Trading works like gambling as the risk is in both. I have observed many experienced traders loosing wealth in matter of sessions. Gambling is more risky but trading or doing business as fresh starter or investing all are risky and works on similar based factors. There chance which are in some higher and in other smaller.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
[/center]
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:58:05 AM

Considering trading as gambling is saying they are both the same and I will ask that"why are they now being called by different name?" In my own opinion on this is that, the reason why some will say they are the same is simply because they share some similarities which is simply the risk embedded in losing or winning in the two. But for gambling both will happen in a rapid manner compared to trading which can be managed based on the level of losses on can bear.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 04:17:05 PM

Yes trading is a high risk investment but the only difference is that with trading you can gain knowledge while with gambling you gain frustration and addiction.
I personally tried my best to enjoy gambling for free, mean without investing any money, but I never find any platform for trading from where I can make trading without initial investment from my hand. Now I have started gambling for free cost to entertain myself.

In my opinion, trading is different and gambling is different. We should not treat one in another way.
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:37:10 AM

Yes trading is a high risk investment but the only difference is that with trading you can gain knowledge while with gambling you gain frustration and addiction.
I personally tried my best to enjoy gambling for free, mean without investing any money, but I never find any platform for trading from where I can make trading without initial investment from my hand. Now I have started gambling for free cost to entertain myself.

In my opinion, trading is different and gambling is different. We should not treat one in another way.
Of course because gambling will only give you entertainment but trading might give you profit if you are a successful traders, and take note that there's more people who make money in trading than in gambling.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:10:51 AM

Of course because gambling will only give you entertainment but trading might give you profit if you are a successful traders, and take note that there's more people who make money in trading than in gambling.
Betting can also give you nice profit,however you have to bet for fun as well because if you start betting rigorously,there's a high chance you will end up on the loss side and that's not good to happen.I've always said that it's better if you bet for fun and if you make profit let it be huge.That's the best strategy that I have seen to work and the best is that you can only profit from it if you do it correct

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:27:38 PM

Betting can also give you nice profit,however you have to bet for fun as well because if you start betting rigorously,there's a high chance you will end up on the loss side and that's not good to happen.I've always said that it's better if you bet for fun and if you make profit let it be huge.That's the best strategy that I have seen to work and the best is that you can only profit from it if you do it correct

True but betting is gambling, you can win your bet or lose bet.
Still trading can be little safer you can also lose and win if you invest good/bad but you can also do safety when something is not good you can retake some money back
In this situation you can lose but still keep some cash in pockets

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:34:37 PM

Even if I want to compare the two as the same based on the way I interprete them to mean because that actually what matters and that's why we have diverse opinion on the matter. I would not want to because even though they booth involve losing money and winning some but in the case of trading the chance of winning is even more based on extensive background analysis of the coin to buy but same cannot be said in the case of gambling at all.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1316
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 06:43:58 PM

Even if I want to compare the two as the same based on the way I interprete them to mean because that actually what matters and that's why we have diverse opinion on the matter. I would not want to because even though they booth involve losing money and winning some but in the case of trading the chance of winning is even more based on extensive background analysis of the coin to buy but same cannot be said in the case of gambling at all.
I think we can not consider that you win in trading because you are just invest in altcoin and sell if the price is high it is just like a product.
Sample fish in the market if fish is in demand in the market but the supply is less expect that the price will increase because the supply is low..
They are relaying in demand and supply unlike in gambling that you are just betting and play lose and you can not get any after you lose.. unlike in trading that you can be still sell your altcoin..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Carmen_Sandiego

Activity: 399

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:30:34 PM

True but betting is gambling, you can win your bet or lose bet.
Still trading can be little safer you can also lose and win if you invest good/bad but you can also do safety when something is not good you can retake some money back
In this situation you can lose but still keep some cash in pockets

Yeah, that's a big difference. In trading there is less chance of losing all the money compared to gambling, as long as the investor knows how to do good risk management, of course. In addition, it is difficult to find methods to reduce risks in gambling. In trading this is clearer, just focus, determination and willingness to learn, to make the right decisions in the market
d@nte

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 10:32:51 PM

For me trading is just halfly gambling because somehow you can control the outcome of the trade like just shulio said in the above post.
In gambling, even if you use some martinfail or whatever you call strategy you are still depending on luck entirely.
yeah trading sometimes force us to trade blindly place a buy/sell position baseless. and that time trading feel like gambling , it's frequently happened actually. that's why a lot of people really think trading are just like gambling, i do agree too in that kind situation. trading just more complicated than gambling .
Placing blindly buying and selling orders is a big mistake, it would be the same as gambling. Any experienced trader would recommend to the investor to carefully analyze each move. In trading, I think there are more variables to analyze, which is probably why some people consider it a complicated activity to understand, but the fact that there are methods to analyze such variables makes things simpler and helps to reduce risks.
Colt22

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 10:51:18 PM

yeah trading sometimes force us to trade blindly place a buy/sell position baseless. and that time trading feel like gambling , it's frequently happened actually. that's why a lot of people really think trading are just like gambling, i do agree too in that kind situation. trading just more complicated than gambling .
That feeling often come to those people who are not expert in trading I will say these are not professional traders while professional traders do not face any thing like gambling while in their profession as they know well all the strategies and all the coming situations are predictable by them.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 06:53:11 AM

Hey people,

I've always been a huge gambler. I like creating useless schemes (as we all know bank always win ^^) and betting whole nights long in order to find THE right way of betting.
But I need change, I can't bet over and over on the same game cause after I see that nothing can be done to change the odds, I'm bored.

So I thought a bit about trading and I started not so long ago. and it feels a bit like a betting game without knowing the odds and with an infinity of parameters!

Does anyone else takes trading as a gambling game? Smiley

No,I don't consider trading as gambling.They are not same fully.Because trading doesn't need luck but gambling needs luck.Trading depends on your skill, experience, knowledge  but gambling won't help you for these.So,I don't takes trading as a gambling.
Agree! And trading is more on patience; we need more patience in trading because before we earn money, it will really take time and effort just to achieve our goals.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 04:56:09 PM

Hey people,

I've always been a huge gambler. I like creating useless schemes (as we all know bank always win ^^) and betting whole nights long in order to find THE right way of betting.
But I need change, I can't bet over and over on the same game cause after I see that nothing can be done to change the odds, I'm bored.

So I thought a bit about trading and I started not so long ago. and it feels a bit like a betting game without knowing the odds and with an infinity of parameters!

No,I don't consider trading as gambling.They are not same fully.Because trading doesn't need luck but gambling needs luck.Trading depends on your skill, experience, knowledge  but gambling won't help you for these.So,I don't takes trading as a gambling.
Agree! And trading is more on patience; we need more patience in trading because before we earn money, it will really take time and effort just to achieve our goals.

I kind of agree with that but i think trading also in a way is affected by luck. Though not as much as when you play dice where you are entirely reliant in it. Trading not only need patience but knowing the right timing. So for me while luck is the main factor when it comes to most gambling games, for trading it's experience. The more time you spend in trading the more you will be exposed to the movements of altcoins and the more you'll learn how to effectively time when to buy and sell

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
whizter

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:33:12 PM

Hey people,

I kind of agree with that but i think trading also in a way is affected by luck. Though not as much as when you play dice where you are entirely reliant in it. Trading not only need patience but knowing the right timing. So for me while luck is the main factor when it comes to most gambling games, for trading it's experience. The more time you spend in trading the more you will be exposed to the movements of altcoins and the more you'll learn how to effectively time when to buy and sell
yes that is a fact that in trading although you are depending yon your luck but still if you have some experience in trading then you can increases the chances of your winning. while gambling totally depend on your luck.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 12:23:51 AM

Trading and Gambling are both same for me, as both are risky and waste of time, both involves risk of your money, which you can loose at any stage, so its better to stay away from both.

bad advice when you say should stay away from both. I just do not agree to stay away from trading, everyone can get good results in trading. of course all have the risk of not only trading and gambling. trading is clearly better than gambling. if you learn more about the trade I am sure you will be interested lol.
Indeed, I am totally agreed  that they are not the same. Since bitcoin for me is a form of investment and assets, then I used bitcoin in trading platform to put some trade through buying some other coins by simply doing buy and sell order, using my analysis. And in trading there is big chances you can double or more your capital unlike in gambling sites only below 10% is the possibility to grow it.
freedomgo
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1144

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 01:12:13 AM

Trading and Gambling are both same for me, as both are risky and waste of time, both involves risk of your money, which you can loose at any stage, so its better to stay away from both.

bad advice when you say should stay away from both. I just do not agree to stay away from trading, everyone can get good results in trading. of course all have the risk of not only trading and gambling. trading is clearly better than gambling. if you learn more about the trade I am sure you will be interested lol.
Indeed, I am totally agreed  that they are not the same. Since bitcoin for me is a form of investment and assets, then I used bitcoin in trading platform to put some trade through buying some other coins by simply doing buy and sell order, using my analysis. And in trading there is big chances you can double or more your capital unlike in gambling sites only below 10% is the possibility to grow it.
You should try investing in casinos bankroll so you can tell how much really you can earn, 10% is a very small profit especially if you go longer with your investment. The fact that gambling sites wins most of the time, you can ensure the amount of invest will grow or should I say your chances of losing is very low compared to trading.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: