Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:53:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google don't care about Bitcoin ?  (Read 1936 times)
_Miracle

Activity: 905
Merit: 657

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 12:52:34 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205458.0

Google has an interest in digital currency (or at least did a few years ago).

P.S.
Google "google ripple"

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 01:16:12 AM

Well, what I've been noticing lately is that a lot of bitcoin faucet games and bitcoin faucets are having their google adsense contracts cancelled for some reason.  There hasn't been a real explanation given yet but it started happening several weeks back.
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 10:05:09 AM

They didn't speak loud about bitcoin, because if they did it automatically bitcoin will be noticed by people around the world and bitcoin popularity will increased dramatically , and Google not ready for it.
But you know by allowing thousands bitcoin apps at Google play store it's good enough and I think that was how they comment about bitcoin. Not like Apple that not allowing a single apps to their market.

That's not true about Apple. At first they weren't aproving any bitcoin apps, but they have approved several now. Definitely not as many as Google has, but they have accepted some. I am surprised however, at how little Google has done with bitcoin.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:15:51 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1367880.msg13917908#msg13917908

Google shows some interest I would say.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:22:06 AM

Whatever! We can do without Google I would say. If google integrates bitcoin I'm out Smiley
Regardin the app stores it's basically impossible to have more btc apps on ios since that's a closed store while play is open.

Don't forget that Cupertino has Applepay to develop
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:48:12 AM

Well, what I've been noticing lately is that a lot of bitcoin faucet games and bitcoin faucets are having their google adsense contracts cancelled for some reason.  There hasn't been a real explanation given yet but it started happening several weeks back.

That's because those are low quality websites without any content, often users are asked to click advertisements, that's against Adsense terms of service, it has nothing to do with bitcoin..

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:50:57 AM

Google is too scared to see everyone started to know about bitcoin, they are not ready for it. Because they don't know what the impact will be, will it be good for Google or will it be bad for Google.

faucet used to be profitable
gregyoung14

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:32:29 PM

Google is too scared to see everyone started to know about bitcoin, they are not ready for it. Because they don't know what the impact will be, will it be good for Google or will it be bad for Google.

Im pretty sure Google already has this looked over. And im not convinced that Google doesnt care. But im with you with the idea that perhaps they just dont know yet what to make of it. Whether they would go for or against them.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:47:11 PM

Why should google have an interest in Bitcoin, or a positive interest anyway?
Google is all about collecting and sorting information, they could make a good blockchain explorer and follow transction webs very well no doubt, but they don't really have any pressing need to get into Bitcoin.

The only real reason i see why google would try to co-opt Bitcoin would be so that they could have an 'open-source' competitor to Apple Pay.  Even then, they wouldn't be able to control bitcoin well enough to really call it their own, so something like Ripple would suit them much better.  Then they could have a failed payment system just like Apple!
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:20:36 PM

Yes I think the bitcoin is a new area for them so they are waiting for other companys that step in, I think that is the problem they are scared because they do not know what people find from it.
I think we just have to wait for the point google is gonna step in.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:24:37 PM

google like bitcoin. specially google serach and google adsense.
Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:26:04 PM

I really didn't see much comments from Google (bad or good) for Bitcoin or even crypto currency in general , could someone explain the reason ?
Only thing I saw was Mike hearn (He was developer on Google) but I don't care much about what that guy thinks honestly.

Why would you Google to care about btc?

they have nothing in common and the technology is already developped. Why would they flirt with this side of technology?

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:42:02 PM

What did you just say ? How does google adsense and search relates to bitcoins anyway ? The posting these days ,if you are wondering the use of adsense and on the faucets or on any bitcoin related sites shows google encourages the use of bitcoins,you're wrong.They pay for adds in dollars only.No bitcoin payments going around there.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:46:58 PM

Dude please quote the sensible answer, Bro you just comparing Adwords,adsense with bitcoin talk. Funny answer ever.
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:47:35 PM

Why would they talk about bitcoin since they have their own wallet?

How much did you pay for that Hero member account?
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:52:55 PM

Google does indeed care about Bitcoin and seems rather supportive about it. The did this video recently explaining Bitcoin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN7cmfoH06w

Some people didn't like the fact that they didn't mention Bitcoin on the tittle of the video, but I actually like it because it makes it look as if crypto is Bitcoin (which is pretty much right since all altcoins are irrelevant compared to Bitcoin)
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:34:39 PM

Google does indeed care about Bitcoin and seems rather supportive about it. The did this video recently explaining Bitcoin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN7cmfoH06w

Some people didn't like the fact that they didn't mention Bitcoin on the tittle of the video, but I actually like it because it makes it look as if crypto is Bitcoin (which is pretty much right since all altcoins are irrelevant compared to Bitcoin)

Agree. I've written that a few posts above yours.
Googledevs published this video and a twitter comment 10 days ago.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1367880.msg13917908#msg13917908 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1367880.msg13917908#msg13917908)

Furthermore in that video Bitcoin is shown and mentioned numerous times!
So google definitely has an eye on Bitcoin.No doubt!
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:50:07 PM

I have been very curious about this for awhile.  I am not sure how to take their silence.  If Google were to make a public statement in favor of btc we could see a quick jump in price.  Back when ETSY was struggling after the IPO Google simply mentioned them in an article and the stock rose 30% or so for a couple days - the stock proceeded to drop to ugly levels after that though.

I am not sure what Google is waiting for unless they are developing their own, nothing can compete with btc though.

I love Bitcoin
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:53:24 PM

I really didn't see much comments from Google (bad or good) for Bitcoin or even crypto currency in general , could someone explain the reason ?
Only thing I saw was Mike hearn (He was developer on Google) but I don't care much about what that guy thinks honestly.
google never care about internet payment,they only focus to their busines,their precious "google adsesne" make them emphatic to other stuff like crypto currency,but i really hope someday google will considering to accept bitcoin,will be massive news.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:53:50 PM

I think Google and the government which support it aren't yet concerned about supporting and advertising Bitcoin because they are interested more about fiat
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: