Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:15:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google don't care about Bitcoin ?  (Read 1936 times)
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:04:03 PM

Provably google care about bitcoin. honestly google is much more knowledge about bitcoin than us..because they are the main search engine they can easily know what is bitcoin.. they don't care to collect bitcoin because the developers and members of google are rich..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 08:53:56 PM

Well, what I've been noticing lately is that a lot of bitcoin faucet games and bitcoin faucets are having their google adsense contracts cancelled for some reason.  There hasn't been a real explanation given yet but it started happening several weeks back.

That's because those are low quality websites without any content, often users are asked to click advertisements, that's against Adsense terms of service, it has nothing to do with bitcoin..

One of the more recent Google Adsense casualties was "Game Vault Studios" which was gathering quite a large following in the general public with their faucet based strategy games.

Here is an article which may support your position:  http://www.stacksofcoin.com/game-vault-studios-innovators-or-idiots/

I don't know though....It doesn't seem like Google wants to be supportive of that type of advertising because it's Bitcoin related intrinsically.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1197

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:13:39 PM

I recently saw a video that gives explanation about the bitcoin technology, and the person who was being displayed
was from google. Soon they might also come into this technology for betterment of googles service.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:16:43 PM

I really didn't see much comments from Google (bad or good) for Bitcoin or even crypto currency in general , could someone explain the reason ?
Only thing I saw was Mike hearn (He was developer on Google) but I don't care much about what that guy thinks honestly.
What difference does it makes anyway? At the end of the day Google has to accept the truth that Bitcoin is a new revolution and if it doesn't,their loss
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:37:48 PM

Just because they didn't say anything about cryptocurrencies, that doesn't mean that they aren't planning something behind the scenes.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:54:39 PM

Well, what I've been noticing lately is that a lot of bitcoin faucet games and bitcoin faucets are having their google adsense contracts cancelled for some reason.  There hasn't been a real explanation given yet but it started happening several weeks back.

That's because those are low quality websites without any content, often users are asked to click advertisements, that's against Adsense terms of service, it has nothing to do with bitcoin..

One of the more recent Google Adsense casualties was "Game Vault Studios" which was gathering quite a large following in the general public with their faucet based strategy games.

Here is an article which may support your position:  http://www.stacksofcoin.com/game-vault-studios-innovators-or-idiots/

I don't know though....It doesn't seem like Google wants to be supportive of that type of advertising because it's Bitcoin related intrinsically.

I'm an Adsense publisher since 2006, I've read a lot of "horror stories", pretty sure there's nothing special about this one.

People lose their accounts all the time, sometimes, apparently, for no reason at all.

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 01:03:49 AM

Google has their eyes on bitcoin, whether they say it or not. You know they do.

BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:28:23 PM

But Google never has given any comments about bitcoin. Google is basically has own payment processor. Some faucet owners face problem with their adsense program just because of bitcoin related content in their sites. Hope this view of Google may change soon.
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1049

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 06:38:14 PM

But Google never has given any comments about bitcoin. Google is basically has own payment processor. Some faucet owners face problem with their adsense program just because of bitcoin related content in their sites. Hope this view of Google may change soon.

Learn to speak English, kids.  "Google" does not have a view or comments, seeing as it is a fictitious person - a corporation - with no agency of its own.  If you are talking about Google employees, shareholders, or something real, do please say so rather than leave dangling ambiguities in your wake.  Thank you. 

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:56:47 PM

They don't care yet. But they will in the future when bitcoins gets mainstream.
Like any company they can't ignore it if people want to use it.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:50:41 PM

Google have their own payments solutions so Bitcoin as a digital currency may not present an interest for them. I guess they are closely following the Blockhain technology though.

phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 08:12:33 PM

I got into a debate with a Google rep about privacy. They basically want control of everything and Bitcoin is the opposite of that. Surprisingly, the rep didn't know that much about Bitcoin and as I explained it to him we gradually got to comparing it with Google Pay. He gave the scenario of me sending money to someone across the table and asked what made Bitcoin different. It essentially came down to Google knowing that I sent the person money. I believe Google's intrusive business model needs to know when we send money so they can put different ads on our screens after we buy. Right now, they don't know if we bought or not and keep posting ads for things already purchased. I'm sure they consider it an inefficiency they are fixing rather than an  intrusion into our privacy but that's Google.

That's not entirely true... With Bitcoin, Google could still theoretically know that you were the person the sent someone else money; it sort of depends.  Even though your name is not on your address specifically, if you bought bitcoins through an online exchange using your credit card or debit card for example, then they could identify that you sent someone X amount of Bitcoins.  Now of course that's not always the case because you can purchase bitcoins in person, at an ATM, or simply mine them... but the reality is that a very large majority of people just purchase bitcoins through exchanges.

Now I understand your argument that Google would want Google Pay to trump Bitcoin for obvious reasons (advertisements, logistical knowledge, etc.) that is entirely intrusive... but here's the thing though; anyone can view what address you are paying at any given time... and theoretically if there was some sort of sentiment that governments impose on businesses that forces them to always reveal their receiving address, then it could be knowledge to only the governments and/or even Google about who paid who by analyzing the blockchain and seeing who sent what and who received the transaction.

This is a lot more complicated and takes effort on behalf of the government and possibly Google which they would want to avoid, so they would love to have Google Pay be everyones "go to" payment method... but you could've argued that it serves a bigger role than just a (somewhat) private transaction method, rather, it serves to re-invent the monetary system in itself and allows for a limited currency that isn't influenced by a small group of people to inflate or deflate the currency supply on a whim based on political influences, and you can predict at any given time what the currency supply is.
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 08:13:28 PM

Google have their own payments solutions so Bitcoin as a digital currency may not present an interest for them. I guess they are closely following the Blockhain technology though.

Yeah it would not surprise me if they would launch their own currency soon.
Google wants to do everything itself. Outcompete every other party to make more profit.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 10:12:11 PM

An interesting one. Considering Google's desire for your information I would've thought they'd absolutely adore being able to trace your every payment through something like Bitcoin. That's info nirvana.

At this stage they may as well sit back and let someone else do the heavy lifting and see where it ends up. There's no particular hurry.
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:11:54 PM

They didn't speak loud about bitcoin, because if they did it automatically bitcoin will be noticed by people around the world and bitcoin popularity will increased dramatically , and Google not ready for it.
But you know by allowing thousands bitcoin apps at Google play store it's good enough and I think that was how they comment about bitcoin. Not like Apple that not allowing a single apps to their market.

That's not true about Apple. At first they weren't aproving any bitcoin apps, but they have approved several now. Definitely not as many as Google has, but they have accepted some. I am surprised however, at how little Google has done with bitcoin.
ouchh yeah clarified, apple has accepted several bitcoin related apps in their market now, i was following old news.
google act silent about bitcoin, but i believe they have made several research how bitcoin technology running and they just get a little interested maybe?
and also google add bitcoin as currency? isn't it a confession?
gabrieldias

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:29:27 PM

I really didn't see much comments from Google (bad or good) for Bitcoin or even crypto currency in general , could someone explain the reason ?
Only thing I saw was Mike hearn (He was developer on Google) but I don't care much about what that guy thinks honestly.

-----------

dont worry. All the information is manipulated. Information is money.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 11:34:35 PM

An interesting one. Considering Google's desire for your information I would've thought they'd absolutely adore being able to trace your every payment through something like Bitcoin. That's info nirvana.

At this stage they may as well sit back and let someone else do the heavy lifting and see where it ends up. There's no particular hurry.
As soon as it becomes a more popular opinion Google should reveal anything that they decide to plan. That would be a good moment for them to do so... Although Google can currently add in some program with bitcoin association, I fear that there may be some community backlash due to the link between bitcoins and criminal activities. People could start to complain about possible scandalous activities using bitcoin with Google's technologies.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:44:41 AM

-----------

dont worry. All the information is manipulated. Information is money.
well this word just can be said to news site, information is money but information which is not important and dont attract an interest is not a big money
Why would information that doesn't have an audience be of any use?

I can ramble on and on about the stock market to people I know, but if they don't use the stock market then there is no point in them knowing or caring about what I have to say.
mynameisdon

Activity: 322

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:38:35 AM

Well I think Google is interested in the technology but they will not say anything about this, Google has a lot of secret agencies that are busy with as a example cars etc.
I think they are thinking about the bitcoin for sure but they won't tell it, the are waiting on the right moment to get out of the closet, maybe there are even working on a own currency you never knows what Google will be bringing.
exactly they are waiting for right moment to publish about bitcoin.i think they aslo waiting for their some profit and maybe anything else because google do everything at perfect time.but they hiddenly thinking about this i think.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: