Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:47:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitparking Terracoin Exchange [closed]  (Read 3596 times)
doublec (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 09:35:45 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2013, 12:33:47 PM by doublec

See my message here for details on the closing of the exchange:
Recent events have shown that running an exchange is way to risky and stressful to me in the current alt coin climate. Prices have risen to a point where I'm not comfortable I can provide a reasonable level of service. To this end I'm closing the exchange and encourage all users to move to vircurex. The following details are on the exchange site:
2013-04-05: The Bitparking exchange is closing down. I've decided the risk involved in dealing with the current high prices for the alt coins has moved from the 'fun hobby' level the exchange originally started with and requires a more serious approach to operation. I've been in contact with the Vircurex exchange and I encourage all existing customers to move their funds and continue trading their.

The exchange will close trading Friday 5 April 2013 22:00 and new deposit addresses will not be able to be created. Trading operations will also be disabled. Withdrawals will be available for a few days after that at which point the exchange will close and all funds sent to their emergency withdrawal address. Withdrawal fees are removed during this period. Thanks for using the exchange and enjoy a better and more professional experience at Vircurex.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2013, 09:40:46 AM

Very nice, good work as always Cheesy

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
doublec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

That is cool, but I don't feel like letting dataminers and profilers at Google / Yahoo / OpenID know I'm using the exchange.
You can use an anonymous open id provider or host your own if that's an issue. But that aside, that's fine, I understand your point of view. I prefer not handling passwords on the exchange.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 12:17:42 PM

fantastic! Thank you very cool!

more or less retired.
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 12:50:12 PM

Very interesting, simple interface. But why these exchanges are independent, is there any way share the balances across these bitparking exchanges? Otherwise, it is needed to transfer them by using the network and it's slow.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 12:59:54 PM

Very interesting, simple interface. But why these exchanges are independent, is there any way share the balances across these bitparking exchanges? Otherwise, it is needed to transfer them by using the network and it's slow.

I can imagine it's safer this way. But, I guess it would be nice to move your BTC around.

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 05:38:09 PM

Question: I signed up/in using Open ID by clicking the "google" button and choosing one of my google accounts to login. Now, after I have been logged out, how do I log back in? To sign up all I did was click my google account, I never received an OpenID identifier. What do I need to do to log back in?

more or less retired.
c4n10

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 07:10:27 PM

Question: I signed up/in using Open ID by clicking the "google" button and choosing one of my google accounts to login. Now, after I have been logged out, how do I log back in? To sign up all I did was click my google account, I never received an OpenID identifier. What do I need to do to log back in?

Top-left corner, enter username and click "log in"...
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 07:21:00 PM

Top-left corner, enter username and click "log in"...

hahaha, yes, in lieu of that not working as expected... I am new to OpenID and I logged in through my google account. Is my username my gmail address? (for example) or something else?

more or less retired.
c4n10

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 07:32:10 PM

hahaha, yes, in lieu of that not working as expected... I am new to OpenID and I logged in through my google account. Is my username my gmail address? (for example) or something else?

Ah, I see...

When you clicked the "sign up" button it should have taken you to a page to select your login method (Google, Yahoo, OpenID) once you have selected a login method, you will be prompted for a username and TRC/BTC withdrawal addresses...

Your login is whatever name you've selected at this point...
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 07:39:23 PM

I'd like to trade Namecoins for Terracoins.
Any plan about it?
c4n10

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 07:50:30 PM

Also, the amounts in the "sell orders" column seem a little screwy...
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2013, 07:51:14 PM

I'd like to trade Namecoins for Terracoins.
Any plan about it?
make me an offer i'm interested in some namecoins

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
doublec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 10:05:21 PM

The column on the right is a cumulative sum. It shows the total of all TRC up to the given price (ie. all rows above it).
c4n10

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 10:09:25 PM

The column on the right is a cumulative sum. It shows the total of all TRC up to the given price (ie. all rows above it).

Ahhhhhh, I see... My fault... So. the bottom number represents the total volume then... Good to know, thank you...

=)
doublec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 10:59:55 PM

Ahhhhhh, I see... My fault... So. the bottom number represents the total volume then... Good to know, thank you...
Right, it was the easiest way of showing total exchange volume for various price points.
doublec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 11:02:06 PM

I can imagine it's safer this way. But, I guess it would be nice to move your BTC around.
This is mainly because I first implemented a namecoin exchange back when it was the first alt-coin. When the others started coming out I just modified that exchange - the changes to add multiple currencies to it would be more extensive and not something I was keen on doing at the time. At some point I may rewrite things to make multiple currencies easier but at the moment there's too many other projects going on.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 12:28:34 PM

This is mainly because I first implemented a namecoin exchange back when it was the first alt-coin. When the others started coming out I just modified that exchange - the changes to add multiple currencies to it would be more extensive and not something I was keen on doing at the time. At some point I may rewrite things to make multiple currencies easier but at the moment there's too many other projects going on.

Out of curiosity- why use separate (and different) addresses for BTC and TRC when you generate deposit addresses? The private key will be the same, so wouldn't it be easier to just generate it once? Also, users don't have to worry then about sending the wrong coin to the wrong address, as their TRC will always end up in their TRC account and vic versa.

more or less retired.
doublec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 08:40:41 PM

Out of curiosity- why use separate (and different) addresses for BTC and TRC when you generate deposit addresses? The private key will be the same, so wouldn't it be easier to just generate it once? Also, users don't have to worry then about sending the wrong coin to the wrong address, as their TRC will always end up in their TRC account and vic versa.
Ease of implementation. The exchange is based on existing code for other alt currency exchanges which don't have the same addresses formats. It's a good idea for a future update though, I hadn't considered that now that there is private key import/export features in the RPC API.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 10:44:07 PM

Ease of implementation. The exchange is based on existing code for other alt currency exchanges which don't have the same addresses formats. It's a good idea for a future update though, I hadn't considered that now that there is private key import/export features in the RPC API.

Makes sense, great work by the way. We really appreciate it. :-)

more or less retired.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: