Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:59:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: idea--- A decentralised trust system  (Read 1241 times)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 01:29:03 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2016, 01:40:21 PM by shorena

I don't know what system would be better but I agree with that the current system is not working well and it should be changed.

There are flaws to the current system, true. The question is what changes should be made to improve it. If OPs suggestion is "everyone gets a vote" Im against that change. Its just too easy to get new accounts and leave meaningless ratings which lead to inflated positive ratings. Making the system more complex to use is hardly an improvement.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gregyoung14

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:35:28 PM

I don't know what system would be better but I agree with that the current system is not working well and it should be changed.

There are flaws to the current system, true. The question is what changed should be made to improve it. If OPs suggestion is "everyone gets a vote" Im against that change. Its just too easy to get new accounts and leave meaningless ratings which lead to inflated positive ratings. Making the system more complex to use is hardly an improvement.

Yep, plus on its own, every admin can hire any hacker to get into the system and make it work for them. And i guess you're right that if it would just complicate things, i dont think it will be of much help.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:06:06 PM

How about a decentralised trust system -snip- such as the one found over on thebot.net and hackforums.net
-snip-

How do these systems work in comparisson to here?

Everyone's feedback counts, the system on thebot.net works perfectly but the one on hackforums has some hiccups
some degree of centralization is unavoidable, complete decentralization will only lead to abuse and shilling, especially on this forum.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:47:14 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 04:58:25 PM by Amph

How about a decentralised trust system -snip- such as the one found over on thebot.net and hackforums.net
-snip-

he is basically saying to remove the default trust, nothing new, but his forum alone is a centralized environment, you can not have a decentralized system in a centralized environment, sound like an oxymoron to me
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 12:26:56 AM

-snip-

he is basically saying to remove the default trust, nothign new, but his forum alone is a centralized environment, you can not have a decentralized system in a centralized environment, sound like an oxymoron to me

Well theymos has suggested an improvement that would result in more diverse trust lists. It was voted on and not accepted though. The idea was to force users to build their own trust lists out of suggestions. I agree though the admins own the house and there will be no free state in it.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 01:48:04 AM

I don't understand the current trust system.  Moreover, i am shocked trust still exists in the 21st century. Roll Eyes

whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:39:19 AM

Imho hf doesnt have the alt prob like we have, thats why everyone has a vote works. Also they go after sold accs.

Your Point Is Invalid (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 06:54:46 PM

Imho hf doesnt have the alt prob like we have, thats why everyone has a vote works. Also they go after sold accs.
Yes, the system on hf is a bit shaken but the one on tbn works nicely

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:56:30 PM

Actually thinking about it, no one even so much as mentioned the trust system in my "a month in" TBN. Its way too dramatic here to implement that though

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 06:58:03 PM

Actually thinking about it, no one even so much as mentioned the trust system in my "a month in" TBN. Its way too dramatic here to implement that though
The system on tbn is centred around trades and actual exchanges so there are less issues over there, the system here is just open to interpretation, everything goes

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 07:56:07 PM

The system on tbn is centred around trades and actual exchanges so there are less issues over there, the system here is just open to interpretation, everything goes

alt account a: "Oh hello alt account b, that was a great trade we did, have some feedback".

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 08:41:50 PM

alt account a: "Oh hello alt account b, that was a great trade we did, have some feedback".
People have more of an incentive to do that here if one account is in DT

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 08:42:56 PM

You think there aren't about 10s of alt hunters on your tail once you're on DT? I got 3 on mine at the moment, QS had a mob

Edit: Also what you're talking about is more or less everyone being included in DT

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 08:54:29 PM

You think there aren't about 10s of alt hunters on your tail once you're on DT? I got 3 on mine at the moment, QS had a mob

Edit: Also what you're talking about is more or less everyone being included in DT
Since the system will be decentralized, there wont be DT or separate webs of trust

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 6505

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 09:42:19 PM

Since the system will be decentralized, there wont be DT or separate webs of trust
What you are describing would be the same as using the current system and putting everyone on DT or putting everyone on your trustlist.

So again, as people have said, what prevents me (or anyone else), from creating 500 accounts and giving you (or anyone else) a neg rating with each account? Then everyone would see those ratings and you would be considered untrusted because supposedly 500 people have negged you. What prevents someone from doing that? You say that giving trust requires trades, but how is that enforced?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: