Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:45:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: These blocks were perfectly mined!  (Read 894 times)
colinistheman (OP)

Activity: 872
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:02:11 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2018, 03:52:54 PM by colinistheman

Is this a secret message...

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jmintuck1912

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:24:38 AM

Oh geeze. That IS funny. I did laugh. WOW! I hope this goes down in history.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 06:31:49 AM

More like a message for classic if they were mined using current software. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 04:19:32 PM

It looks like Mickey Mouse's hand...
Why would Mickey give a fuck?

This form of "jokes" always stays on history charts.
Nice that some ppl have sense of humor.

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:26:40 PM

Well, considering that most Classic nodes are fake ran over VM + VPS I can see them wasting time to do stuff like this, instead of actually developing code. I guess life is easy when all you have to do is rip off the Core's code and then change a couple of things.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:34:56 PM

Well, considering that most Classic nodes are fake ran over VM + VPS I can see them wasting time to do stuff like this, instead of actually developing code. I guess life is easy when all you have to do is rip off the Core's code and then change a couple of things.

What's a fake node "ran over VM + VPS"?

And you clearly don't understand how open source software works...

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:48:29 PM

Spoofing nodes is pretty easy and cheap for people with a bit of knowledge.I'm not one of those by the way.
So node count is a bad metric paramter.

VM+VPS = virtual machine (Ubuntu as OS for instance)+ virtual private server (via amazon if you like)
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:11:19 PM

Spoofing nodes is pretty easy and cheap for people with a bit of knowledge.I'm not one of those by the way.

VM+VPS = virtual machine (Ubuntu as OS for instance)+ virtual private server (via amazon if you like)

I know what VM and VPS are, I don't know is why that is bad or fake...

If it is so easy, why aren't there tens of thousands of nodes?

Bitcoin Core node count is going down as Bitcoin Classic node count is going up, were those Bitcoin Core nodes fake? And now they are fake Bitcoin Classic nodes instead?

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 05:13:34 PM

is this legit  Cheesy

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 05:28:35 PM

is this legit  Cheesy

No, it's classic humour. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Denker
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:05:23 PM

Bitcoin Core node count is going down as Bitcoin Classic node count is going up, were those Bitcoin Core nodes fake? And now they are fake Bitcoin Classic nodes instead?

That is not accurate because with a bit of money in your pocket you can launch hundreds nodes and more if you want.So pretty easy to manipulate the stats I would say and to use for your propaganda .Possible for both sides of course.

Example:
4 weeks ago, or let's say 24.01.2016 Bitcoin Core nodes had been 4,47k. Today node count of core is 4,43k. A slight difference.And since october 2015 core nodes are hovering around 4,3k to 4,4k.

24.01.2016 Classic nodes had been 5. Today it's 1,09k.

What I interpret of these stats is that core has not dropped a thousand nodes which allegedly switched over to Classic, what a few supporters of Classic claimed!
But Classic has seen a drastic increase 3 weeks ago.Not impossible, because 1 week earlier Classic client was released, but definitely suspicious.So either these Classic nodes had been launched by former core node operators who switched off their core nodes 4 months  ago or these nodes ares spoofed imo.

And Classic pushed pretty hard the last weeks and therefore each success and sign of growth is welcome of course.
And the nodes can be missused for that politics pretty easy.

I mean we have the same with XT nodes last year.

https://coin.dance/nodes/all

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:10:32 PM

That is not accurate because with a bit of money in your pocket you can launch hundreds nodes and more if you want.So pretty easy to manipulate the stats I would say and to use for your propaganda .Possible for both sides of course.

Example:
4 weeks ago, or let's say 24.01.2016 Bitcoin Core nodes had been 4,47k. Today node count of core is 4,43k. A slight difference.And since october 2015 core nodes are hovering around 4,3k to 4,4k.

What I interpret of these stats is that core has not dropped a thousand nodes which allegedly switched over to Classic, what a few supporters of Classic claimed!
But Classic has seen a drastic increase 3 weeks ago.Not impossible, because 1 week earlier Classic client was released, but definitely suspicious.So either these Classic nodes had been launched by former core node operators who switched off their core nodes 4 months  ago or these nodes ares spoofed imo.

And Classic pushed pretty hard the last weeks and therefore each success and sign of growth is welcome of course.

This started before that, you're ignoring XT nodes.

Please enlighten me on how to create fake nodes.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 06:14:07 PM

is this legit  Cheesy

No, it's classic humour. Smiley
i guess it wouldn't be funny if it was legit

jmintuck1912

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:15:57 PM

After thinking about it, I wondered about legitimacy of this. I wondered, I thought somehow it might not be.
lister storm

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:40:21 PM

thats crazy, how did they do that? can miners choose on what time to mine a block? i did not think that it is possible, though i can see the classic is gaining more and more popularity
Denker
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:47:22 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2016, 08:28:06 PM by Denker

Example:

But Classic has seen a drastic increase 3 weeks ago.Not impossible, because 1 week earlier Classic client was released, but definitely suspicious.So either these Classic nodes had been launched by former core node operators who switched off their core nodes 4 months  ago or these nodes ares spoofed imo.

This started before that, you're ignoring XT nodes.

Please enlighten me on how to create fake nodes.

Here you go --> https://github.com/basil00/PseudoNode

PseudoNode is a cryptocurrency full node "emulator".

To the network, PseudoNode behaves the same way as a full node by relaying transactions, blocks, addresses, etc. However, unlike a normal full node, PseudoNode does not verify data (txs & blocks) itself. Rather, PseudoNode relies on neighboring peers (with configurable confidence levels) to do the verification on PseudoNode's behalf. As a result, PseudoNode is very lightweight.

Compared to a normal full node:

PseudoNode does not require the blockchain to be downloaded.
    PseudoNode can "sync" with the network in seconds.
    PseudoNode supports multiple cryptocurrencies that are Bitcoin derivatives.
    PseudoNode uses no disk space (sans the executable), negligible RAM, and negligible CPU time. PseudoNode also consumes less network resources (data usage/bandwidth) than a normal full node.

Furthermore if you are interested read through this --> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/45zluh/growth_in_classic_nodes_almost_completely_fake/

And this --> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/461nvy/node_distributions_based_on_type_and_datacenters/
Denker
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:50:48 PM

thats crazy, how did they do that? can miners choose on what time to mine a block? i did not think that it is possible, though i can see the classic is gaining more and more popularity

This graphic is fake!
OP just wanted to show how much love he is having for Bitcoin Core.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:30:20 PM

So, someone is paying 1000 VPSs to host fake nodes?

That's commitment...

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:37:49 PM

That was indeed funny Smiley But I'm curious as to which pool is mining Classic blocks... Looks like Classic is having way more support than XT.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:46:26 PM

That was indeed funny Smiley But I'm curious as to which pool is mining Classic blocks... Looks like Classic is having way more support than XT.

Slush and KNCMiner, I believe.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: