Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:39:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: f2pool not supporting roundtable was Re: 「魚池」BTC:270 Phash/s - LTC:500 Ghash/s - New Server in U.S. stratum-us.f2pool.com  (Read 4526 times)
hdbuck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 01:30:30 PM

Announcement: We will withdraw support from February 21’s roundtable consensus, unless Adam Back gives us a reasonable explanation why he quietly changed his title from Blockstream President to Individual at the very last moment — without anybody noticed. We feel we’ve been cheated. I don’t know how we can trust Blockstream anymore in the future.

dont trust blockstream, dont trust core, dont trust coinbase, dont trust classic, dont trust obama.

stop being the whiny little girl seeking for some daddy comfort, this is bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 01:31:48 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2016, 01:46:23 PM by HostFat

@macbook-air
Personally, I think that you should stop trusting anyone by default (even me), and start to try to hear every voices/opinions ...

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 01:41:46 PM

Announcement: We will withdraw support from February 21’s roundtable consensus, unless Adam Back gives us a reasonable explanation why he quietly changed his title from Blockstream President to Individual at the very last moment — without anybody noticed. We feel we’ve been cheated. I don’t know how we can trust Blockstream anymore in the future.

How is this different from Gmaxwell dropping his commit status without notice - Is this an issue to you because in your eyes blockstream now has no liability nor prior commitment to what was determined last weekend?  I'm going out on a limb here but perhaps they didn't mention this because it could be blown out of proportion? 

BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 01:45:05 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2016, 02:00:16 PM by BitUsher

Announcement: We will withdraw support from February 21’s roundtable consensus, unless Adam Back gives us a reasonable explanation why he quietly changed his title from Blockstream President to Individual at the very last moment — without anybody noticed. We feel we’ve been cheated. I don’t know how we can trust Block stream anymore in the future.

Why does this even matter? I took the change to indicate that Adam was merely attempting to be humble and go into the meeting representing himself and his ideas rather than representing his company.

Remember Blockstream employees signed a pledge indicating that their primary allegiance is to Bitcoin before themselves or Blockstream, Adam Back being listed as an individual makes sense in context:
https://twitter.com/cnLedger/status/702288186265903104

This being said, you should have a healthy level of skepticism with everyone.
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 01:48:20 PM

Is this really the first manipulative shady thing you've seen them do? The past few weeks have been littered with all kinds of shit from Maxwell and Adam. You miners need to think for yourself. Bigger blocks means you collect more fees, while smaller blocks + LN gets blockstream more fees.Bitcoin works by people acting in their own economic self interest, it's time you miners start acting in yours.
corsaro
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 01:49:30 PM

As a miner, what is your real interest? To have a full block until july 2017, allowing people to spend more fees for making a transacion or to have a more scalable solution by 1 month ?
hoosier_13

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 01:50:29 PM

Give me a break - new low in the discussion, this was released days ago and just now they come out with this concern.  We need to get some real leadership around this discussion and stop giving the drama queens a microphone.  

Bitrated user: TICH13.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 01:53:31 PM

So you poeple are waking up to Blockstream Core disingenuous tactics? Its about time.

8up

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 01:55:20 PM

dont trust blockstream, dont trust core, dont trust coinbase, dont trust classic, dont trust obama.

stop being the whiny little girl seeking for some daddy comfort, this is bitcoin.

This. Just this!

Always wrong until not.
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 01:56:23 PM

Feel free to start your own coin then - enjoy your own empty blocks.

Bye.
Lucko

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 01:57:57 PM

If that is the biggest issue in this meting I really don't understand your culture. I would say that allowing only one side that has good funding present there case is much more problematic...

There are probably also things you need to know. Do you know how overwhelming support is defined? I don't think you know this but I don't think there will be there in June 2017... At lest not to Core definition. Why?

https://medium.com/@elliotolds/lesser-known-reasons-to-keep-blocks-small-in-the-words-of-bitcoin-core-developers-44861968185e#.gwesnyqjs
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:06:36 PM

Great.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:14:01 PM

What an idiot.

Like anyone in the community didn't know who Adam Back is.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:15:59 PM

What an idiot.

Does appear a bit ridiculous... so Either there is some unmentioned other reason, some cultural difference, or just an excuse to back out... it really doesn't make much sense in context.
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:18:11 PM

What an idiot.

Does appear a bit ridiculous... so Either there is some unmentioned other reason, some cultural difference, or just an excuse to back out... it really doesn't make much sense in context.

Ya because they realized they were duped into adopting SW in exchange for something they could do anyway without blockstream permission.
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 02:19:58 PM

My assumption is that Adam originally signed as Blockstream President, then when other members of Blockstream said that they were not on board with his plan he went back and changed his signature to individual.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/46po4l/we_have_consensus_in_april_we_get_sw_3_months/d07h0xc?context=3

IMO this is pretty serious, you cant change a contract after you sign it, and there is a big difference between his signature as an individual and that representing Blockstream.

Perhaps next time the contract should be hashed and the hash stored in some decentralized immutable ledger Wink

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:23:20 PM

Ya because they realized they were duped into adopting SW in exchange for something they could do anyway without blockstream permission.

That is very insulting to the Chinese miners and f2pool... I seriously doubt they have remained ignorant of segwit and its implications that have been so openly discussed for months.

My assumption is that Adam originally signed as Blockstream President, then when other members of Blockstream said that they were not on board with his plan he went back and changed his signature to individual.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/46po4l/we_have_consensus_in_april_we_get_sw_3_months/d07h0xc?context=3

IMO this is pretty serious, you cant change a contract after you sign it, and there is a big difference between his signature as an individual and that representing Blockstream.

Perhaps next time the contract should be hashed and the hash stored in some decentralized immutable ledger Wink

This is likely the case... and if anything reflects how ridiculous the notion that Blockstream or core is a monolithic organization with a single goal, when it is represented by many individuals. Likely an oversight by Adam, and one that can be quickly rectified as other blockstream members already agreed.
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:30:29 PM

Already Resolved-

https://medium.com/@bitcoinroundtable/bitcoin-roundtable-consensus-266d475a61ff#.4k6pihqla

https://twitter.com/cnLedger/status/702498440920436736
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 02:35:23 PM

I'm not sure continuing to edit a document that was supposed to remain unchanged from the beginning sends the right message. Whats to stop someone from editing it further in the future?
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:36:53 PM

What an idiot.

Would it have been annoying to have F2pool later say they only showed up as individuals and the pool would continue to mine on Classic? See a similarity?

The issue is that there is a very good chance that Blockstream as a whole refuses to go along with the HF, which is fine, but what exactly is the point in having Adam as President of Blockstream then? He might as well just be "guy that doesn't code at Blockstream" then.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: