Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Old account banned (LOCKED BECAUSE OF TOO MANY LOGINS)  (Read 2174 times)
spithouse (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:06:16 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2016, 06:30:05 AM by spithouse

Hey I was inactive for a good while on my main account named sickhouse and I have tried mailing the mail it tells me to butI got no reply, been a long while now. Who do I talk to about this?

Regards Sickhouse, Hero Member
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:10:57 PM

I see someone (maybe you) reset the password of that account using the secret question. that can get your account locked (not banned.)

February 09, 2016, 07:59:47 PM - sickhouse - password reset via secret question

if it says your account is locked, just send an email and wait.
if not then you are banned and is not allowed to post anywhere on this forum other that in this thread during the duration of your ban.
the duration and the reason of your ban should be included in the ban message (no duration means permanent.). that is IF you're banned.
spithouse (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:37:05 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 01:12:19 AM by spithouse

I see someone (maybe you) reset the password of that account using the secret question. that can get your account locked (not banned.)

February 09, 2016, 07:59:47 PM - sickhouse - password reset via secret question

if it says your account is locked, just send an email and wait.
if not then you are banned and is not allowed to post anywhere on this forum other that in this thread during the duration of your ban.
the duration and the reason of your ban should be included in the ban message (no duration means permanent.). that is IF you're banned.
Aye locked iirc.
EDIT: Yes locked not banned, checked. Security reasons.
spithouse (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 01:10:46 AM

So appareantly I didn't even mail (or I used the wrong mail) them because when I check my sentfolder there is nothing to the adress. So hopefully it can be unlocked somewhat fast Smiley
Alaki

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:57:22 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 03:10:21 AM by Alaki

So appareantly I didn't even mail (or I used the wrong mail) them because when I check my sentfolder there is nothing to the adress.
How about PM'ing 'em? (theymos/BadBear)
P.S.-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0
So hopefully it can be unlocked somewhat fast Smiley
I'd not like to discourage you but I'd guess that you'll have a low priority.
P.S.->
Most account compromises are the user's fault which is why they are such low priority.

Anyway, your account isn't hacked but I'd guess that it's your fault (maybe).
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:40:34 AM

So appareantly I didn't even mail (or I used the wrong mail) them because when I check my sentfolder there is nothing to the adress. So hopefully it can be unlocked somewhat fast Smiley
Wow, that is really weird. You must have accidentally sent it to the wrong email address.
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:15:31 AM

Wow, that is really weird. You must have accidentally sent it to the wrong email address.

I went through this myself. The only way to get it unlocked is to send a signed message to Theymos and wait. You must have posted a BTC address you own in the forums three months prior to the account being locked. If you do not have a BTC address associated with your account in this manner, then getting it unlocked is not a possibility. If you do have a BTC address you posted and can send a signed message, send the message to Theymos once a week. Eventually he will reply to you. It took me about three months to get my account unlocked in this manner.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
spithouse (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 08:50:37 AM

I went through this myself. The only way to get it unlocked is to send a signed message to Theymos and wait. You must have posted a BTC address you own in the forums three months prior to the account being locked. If you do not have a BTC address associated with your account in this manner, then getting it unlocked is not a possibility. If you do have a BTC address you posted and can send a signed message, send the message to Theymos once a week. Eventually he will reply to you. It took me about three months to get my account unlocked in this manner.
Jesus, I dont have any of those adresses left... HOPEFULLY I can salvage one. I have no idea when the account got locked even, never got a mail about why either so didn't even get a chance to save it.

I checked my sent folder after searching for BTCtalk and only have one sentmail. This sucks big time, last time I was logged on the account hit hero...
spithouse (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 09:07:30 AM

So appareantly I didn't even mail (or I used the wrong mail) them because when I check my sentfolder there is nothing to the adress.
How about PM'ing 'em? (theymos/BadBear)
P.S.-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0
So hopefully it can be unlocked somewhat fast Smiley
I'd not like to discourage you but I'd guess that you'll have a low priority.
P.S.->
Most account compromises are the user's fault which is why they are such low priority.

Anyway, your account isn't hacked but I'd guess that it's your fault (maybe).

Oh yeah I think I recall now; I tried relogging a bit too many times 2 weeks ago roughly, then I wanted to reset password but I think I tried to login to many times with my old one. The admin/mods should see in the logs that nothing funny has been going on.

Sent a PM hoping to get helped I miss this forum for me it's one of the last with completely free speech (which I know of that isn't corrupted).
spithouse (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 06:33:38 AM

1.5 months. PM:d the people suggested no reply (expected that tho), no mail even though I have emailed 3 times over this time. Anyone with experience (preferly recently) of this? How long did it take? I actually reset my PW the after the last try, then when trying to log in with the new PW I got banned/locked message.

PLEASE help me, I hate being without forums more than I hate being without women.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 09:04:36 AM

Was it a above full member account? why are you so keen on getting it back when all you want is on forum which you can be with any other account anyway? I see you are still newbie even after 1.5 months you could have upgraded this account in the meanwhile if you were active
Alaki

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:23:59 AM

Anyone with experience (preferly recently) of this? How long did it take?
There's someone who did suffer from the exact similar(same) situation there. I'd entreat you to take a look over here-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1341799.0 & have a talk with them(the victim) & they'll(can) share their experience(with you).
Was it a above full member account?
Yep, this one -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=94010 I'd guess.Basically, loosing a Hero ranked account really do hurt IMO.
spithouse (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 02:36:02 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2016, 03:59:14 PM by spithouse

It's been a very fucking long time now. The contact email doesn't work (acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com) - I have recived 0 answers about why I got banned or if I am ever going to get unbanned.

I lost my wallet key a long time ago, Feb 26 I made this thread so its roughly 9 months... I've done everything in my power, I had my old BTC-e key but 99% sure I've changed it.
No explonation,
no help,
9 months, come on guys.

Anyone with experience (preferly recently) of this? How long did it take?
There's someone who did suffer from the exact similar(same) situation there. I'd entreat you to take a look over here-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1341799.0 & have a talk with them(the victim) & they'll(can) share their experience(with you).
Was it a above full member account?
Yep, this one -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=94010 I'd guess.Basically, loosing a Hero ranked account really do hurt IMO.
Yeah it freaking suck big time.
Goms

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 04:14:07 PM

Why don't you just send a PM to Lauda, Michett, -ck or one of the staff members? I am sure one of them would reply you.

Type their name in the search menu above and their profile would come up.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 6473

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2016, 04:22:21 PM

Why don't you just send a PM to Lauda, Michett, -ck or one of the staff members? I am sure one of them would reply you.

Non admin staff members cannot help. Only the admins can recover an account.

OP, if you cannot sign a message with an address posted on your account, then your account cannot be recovered.

spithouse (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 06:38:24 PM

Non admin staff members cannot help. Only the admins can recover an account.

OP, if you cannot sign a message with an address posted on your account, then your account cannot be recovered.
Well can't they just let me reset my PW? I am not banned after all..
spithouse (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 08:46:52 PM

Bump fix this or give me an explonation please! It's my email on the account and it got locked not banned.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 6473

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 08:52:11 PM

Bump fix this or give me an explonation please! It's my email on the account and it got locked not banned.
The account is treated as hacked. If it were banned, you would not be going through this process as banning is completely different. Because it is treated as a hacked account, you must follow the instructions that we have already given you to recover the account. Since you fail to follow those instructions, your account will not be recovered.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 03:58:53 AM

Hey I was inactive for a good while on my main account named sickhouse and I have tried mailing the mail it tells me to butI got no reply, been a long while now. Who do I talk to about this?

Regards Sickhouse, Hero Member

May I suggest you fire up your dormant Twitter account to help get the ball further along? There's also a Reddit account by the same name that was active just three minutes ago that may or may not be yours.

Or your Facebook page you once linked to on this forum. Do both and you may have a chance in getting your account back.
Temp_JayJuanGee

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 10:13:41 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2016, 07:48:30 AM by Temp_JayJuanGee

wow...

Do i have the same fate in front of me (same as sickhouse?) ?

I had a similar situation about 8 days ago in which I attempted to sign in from another device for my regular account (JayJuanGee), and I could not remember my password, so I attempted to use the recovery word on a couple of occasions, and I guess I did not correctly recall that recovery word either.

In accordance with the banning instructions that were sent to me, I sent an e-mail to Theymos, and then I logged in with this Temp account and I sent a message (PM) to Cyrus.   I am still awaiting a return message from either Cyrus or Theymos.

By the way, I had created this temp account in September 2016 because at that time, my regular account had been hacked, and at that time in September 2016, when my account was hacked, it took only a few days to recover my hacked account (after going through a bit of personal verifications).  

By the way, below is a copy of the text of the PM that I had sent to Cyrus last week:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hi Cyrus,

I am writing from this temporary account because my regular account, JayJuanGee, has been banned again.  

Accordingly, nearly two days ago, I e-mailed the below-attached message to Theymos from the e-mail account that is linked to my JayJuanGee account (and in accordance with the instructions of the ban message that I had received, and I had explained in my below message to Theymos).  

Even though it has been nearly two days since I had e-mailed that below message to Theymos, I still have not received any kind of response from Theymos or from whoever may be checking the messages of that e-mail.

I wanted to know if you could assist me to restore my regular account, JayJuanGee, or if you can direct me to someone else or if you need further information from me.

JJG

>>>>>>>>>>>
On Tuesday, November 8, 2016 7:50 AM, .. [edited out]> wrote:

Hi Theymos,

Several hours ago, I had attempted to log into my bitcointalk account (jay Juan Gee) from my phone , and since I was not able to recall my password at the moment, I attempted to reset my password by use of my secret word. Apparently, I didn't recall that secret word correctly either and I was sent the following ban message after two attempts.

>>>>>>An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com<<<<<<

Of course, I am writing because I want to recover my account, and I am writing from the email address that is currently linked to my jay Juan Gee account.

Let me know if you need further information from me. <<<<<<<<<

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: