Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:10:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: funding startups (I myself might want to do this with android apps)  (Read 2195 times)
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 11:07:57 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2013, 06:47:26 AM by EskimoBob

But … I'm Giszmo=Leo Wandersleb with a registered business, zillions of ways to contact me etc. If I want to get to the point where people give me $10000, going through the OTC and *trade* is pointless. I don't trade, I write software and OTC is a trading platform so I will mostly find traders there and changing 1.01Ƀ for 1Ƀ to gain ratings is kind of stupid and mostly done be scammers, don't you think so?

There's a few important points here. One is that having a GPG signature of record means that we can identify it was in fact you, =Leo Wandersleb, that said something. That's not often important, but when it is then it's very important.

Wrong! What GPG signature actually gives you, is that someone, who told you at some earlier point in time that he is Leo, has access to that same GPG key and can use it. This is all you get form GPG. You do not get persons true identity (real name etc) nor any proof, that you are actually communicating with that same person you started out with.
Do not get me wrong,  GPG is great stuff and is very useful.

Until there is no PKI, with its certificate authority (CA) etc, all you can say for sure is: "Yes, the same key is/was used."
Yes, there is a good chance that he is the same guy, but what you can NOT say is who (person) is at the other end of that communication.
Same key - yes
Same person - no.  

and one huge LOL must go for the following:
Another is that the WOT isn't just used for trading bitcoins OTC. In order to list a security on MPEx you have to be in the WOT, for instance.
In order for people to sue you through the ROTA you have to be in the WOT. Your entire existence pretty much is that WOT handle - nobody cares you've got a registered business; it costs fifty bucks to register an LLC and you usually can't productively sue one anyway (hence the LLC in the name). Nobody cares you can be contacted a zillion ways, I can pick up the phone book and contact a zillion people right now, what's that do.

What matters is your WOT handle. How long you've had it, who says they trust you by rating you there, who you're connected with.

Crickets...

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 08:14:30 AM

Wrong! What GPG signature actually gives you, is that someone, who told you at some earlier point in time that he is Leo, has access to that same GPG key and can use it. This is all you get form GPG. You do not get persons true identity (real name etc) nor any proof, that you are actually communicating with that same person you started out with.
Do not get me wrong,  GPG is great stuff and is very useful.

Until there is no PKI, with its certificate authority (CA) etc, all you can say for sure is: "Yes, the same key is/was used."
Yes, there is a good chance that he is the same guy, but what you can NOT say is who (person) is at the other end of that communication.
Same key - yes
Same person - no.  

and one huge LOL must go for the following:

Crickets...

You use words that you do not understand. The unsurprising result is a lot of text that makes no sense.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 09:13:38 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2013, 04:58:24 PM by EskimoBob

You use words that you do not understand. The unsurprising result is a lot of text that makes no sense.

LOL, why don't you go back counting those pots on a windowsill: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76506.msg1459712#msg1459712

When I was a kid I lived close to a large vegetable growing operation. They had two greenhouses, one was ~600k sq feet, the other ~500k sq feet.

I on the other hand had about a dozen or so pots on the windowsill, growing basil and whatnot.

Which dozen pots on the windowsill, as I am sure an astute observer such as yourself has caught on, ARE SO VERY MUCH MORE.

Just as a rhetorical question: "mpoe-bs, from Major Puppets bazaar, are you sure your new meds are working as expected"?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: