Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:41:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The bASIC Refund Tracking Thread  (Read 40957 times)
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 03:10:03 AM

It appears my posts are being deleted. I'd like to know who done it and why??

Could it be Theymos covering for Cablepair? It wouldn't be novel nor unprecedented...

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 03:10:34 AM

Could it be Theymos covering for Cablepair? It wouldn't be novel nor unprecedented...
I did it. No extortion attempts or violence here.
polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 03:16:49 AM

I did it. No extortion attempts or violence here.

Smells like SCAM to me, johnthedong. But thanks.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 03:19:32 AM

and where is this llc plz post link to this.

The website has been changed and I don't have a screenshot of the old website.  They used to have "BTCFPGA LLC" posted at several locations before it was changed to "CAN-ELECTRIC". 

I'd venture to estimate that well over 80% of all "LLC" websites are not in fact so. Sadly, it is still easier and cheaper to publish your authored HTML than it is to file LLC paperwork with the State.

Pretty easy to lookup.  If someone claims to be "xyz LLC/INC" it might be a good idea to look it up.  If the company doesn't exist and the operator is willing to lie about something that trivial well it should be a warning.

Here is an example:
https://sccefile.scc.virginia.gov/S3901032
polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 04:26:57 AM

Pretty easy to lookup.  If someone claims to be "xyz LLC/INC" it might be a good idea to look it up.  If the company doesn't exist and the operator is willing to lie about something that trivial well it should be a warning.

Here is an example:
https://sccefile.scc.virginia.gov/S3901032

Exactly D&T, and perfect example.
If you are going to do business with your name associated with it, then file the appropriate paperwork. Without limited liability protection, one might find themselves in a world of crap.. or in Tom's case, a massive shitstorm.

||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:05:23 AM

Dave did his best to constantly spin events in a "positive" way, stringing everybody along to the best of his ability. TO PREVENT THEM FROM ASKING FOR A REFUND.  Even in that epic thread where LukasBradley told us the truth, if you look at Dave's version he was still spinning, and stalling, and basically misrepresenting the situation, to the "customers" detriment.

Maybe politicians and MSM has conditioned some of you to be too forgiving of "spin" and "pr"?  Anybody else remember how Dave lied to us quite a bit apart from that stuff? 

Do you think Dave's "information" updates and his stalling have anything to do with why people didn't ask for a refund until it was too late?

Wow Michael - considering how much I worked with you to get you your coins.  I'd remind you of a few of your quotes to me:

Quote from: MichaelBliss (email)
"I think I owe you a major thank you for pushing tom to refund me..."
"I appreciate you and count my lucky stars I got anything back..."
"I'm sorry for you as well, it must be hard dealing with this and maybe
nerve racking for you as well.  You've been exceptionally stand-up
from what I've seen..."

Buzzdave,
A few questions. I recall you were helping to initiate refunds from Tom. I also understand that you are now out of the picture, but would you still advise on how to now proceed to get Tom a message to ask for a refund?

Do you know anything about the Canadian management?
Do you know if the new Canadian management is planning to honor the payments that were sent to the company they took over from Tom?

Their products and pricing are different than what Tom offered, so I'm not exactly sure what they got form Tom. So, even if they did honor those prior payments to Tom, there would be a differential to what was paid and what they are asking for their products.

Thanks for any help.

||bit
dmcurser

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:13:29 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lol

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:42:57 AM

Has a staff member been assigned to investigate this yet for the scammer tag, and if so who is it?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 05:49:51 AM

Has a staff member been assigned to investigate this yet for the scammer tag, and if so who is it?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lol
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:11:13 AM

Dave assisted Tom by doing the job he was paid to do.

Do you have detailed information? A copy of the contract?

Maybe this whole fraud was well orchestrated. You cannot get away with credit card fraud, thus there was a cc refund. The BTC were the real target of this scam. Building FPGA miners to convince people to send their BTC and then run when the maximum profit is reached is very clever strategy. Maybe there is more than one person involved in this scam.

Does anybody really think there will be a BTC refund?
BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:13:30 AM

And once again, those who actually payed in the currency we're trying to promote get the short end of the stick.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:46:21 AM

And once again, those who actually payed in the currency we're trying to promote get the short end of the stick.

AFAIK, two people know who is owed what - Tom Van Riper and Dave Carlson. Because it seems that Tom is unwilling to do so, I'd like to see Dave provide this community with an anonymized list of BTC refunds requested from Tom along with the associated addresses so that we can:

• Verify if and when refunds are paid.  Grin
  • Get a handle on HOW big a swindle this really is.  Embarrassed
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 08:51:03 AM

I still ask myself this: why would anyone put themselves in the hot seat Tom finds himself in, when his identity and that of his immediate family is so easily retrieved?

Threaten a man's family and he will most certainly not ignore you!!

I have in my possession significant details on the subject and his immediate family, which I found in just 30 minutes of searching. Included are names, home and mobile phone numbers, home and business addresses, other properties/investments owned, and properties/businesses managed. Tom's father is far from being a nobody, and they are both well known in their local community. And pictures to prove it.

I am not an affected party and I certainly don't wish anyone physical harm, but I find this matter disconcerting at many levels. I may be interested in releasing the information if there is a public demand for it (for a very small donation).

If I were in Tom's shoes, which I'm happy is not the case, I would immediately start refunding and paying back all debts. Or, I might try to bribe the author of this post in order to buy their silence (it might be for sale at the right price).

Contact me.

Well done idiot boy!!!!!
In a single post you managed to threaten to physically harm  and blackmail a person in public.

I did no such thing, name caller!! I simply suggested that one could, if they truly wanted to get his attention. You must have missed where I intentionally said I was not affected and don't wish anyone harm.

I might try to bribe the author of this post in order to buy their silence (it might be for sale at the right price).

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 02:53:21 PM

I still ask myself this: why would anyone put themselves in the hot seat Tom finds himself in, when his identity and that of his immediate family is so easily retrieved?

I have in my possession significant details on the subject and his immediate family, which I found in just 30 minutes of searching. Included are names, home and mobile phone numbers, home and business addresses, other properties/investments owned, and properties/businesses managed. Tom's father is far from being a nobody, and they are both well known in their local community. And pictures to prove it.

I am not an affected party and I certainly don't wish anyone physical harm, but I find this matter disconcerting at many levels. I may be interested in releasing the information if there is a public demand for it (for a very small donation).

If I were in Tom's shoes, which I'm happy is not the case, I would immediately start refunding and paying back all debts. Or, I might try to bribe the author of this post in order to buy their silence (it might be for sale at the right price).

Contact me.

Well done idiot boy!!!!!
In a single post you managed to threaten to physically harm  and blackmail a person in public.

I did no such thing, name caller!! I simply suggested that one could, if they truly wanted to get his attention. You must have missed where I intentionally said I was not affected and don't wish anyone harm.

I might try to bribe the author of this post in order to buy their silence (it might be for sale at the right price).

hardcore-fs,

The information I am referring to is public - anyone with a half-brain can seek what I have found in just a couple of hours. To assume this implies physical harm or blackmail is just plain retarded.

You don't scam a community with your real name, and if you do it without an LLC to protect your ass, then you are an open target for villagers with flames and pitchforks.

I reiterate that I am not an affected party, am a pacifist by nature, have a strong aptitude for private investigation work, and care greatly about this community.

I shall be releasing all information I have on Cablepair / Thomas Van Riper for all to see free of charge via a public channel - that way you can't accuse me of blackmail and you can't control my posts either.

I shall not be held responsible for what occurs as a result of this public disclosure. It is up to those affected to leverage the information and do something about their losses.

It is up to the Scammer to make things right. Tom has 24 hours to start talking with this customers if he wishes to prevent his own doxxing - I just want to see him open communication.

Peace.

EDIT: I've left Dave Carlson off my radar for now, but would be happy to start doxxing him too, if this community feels it is warranted.

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 03:03:32 PM

Contact me.

Well done idiot boy!!!!!

hardcore-fs,

The information I am referring to is public - anyone with a half-brain can seek what I have found in just a couple of hours. To assume this implies physical harm or blackmail is just plain retarded.

You don't scam a community with your real name, and if you do it without an LLC to protect your ass, then you are an open target for villagers with flames and pitchforks.

I reiterate that I am not an affected party, am a pacifist by nature, have a strong aptitude for private investigation work, and care greatly about this community.

I shall be releasing all information I have on Cablepair / Thomas Van Riper for all to see free of charge via a public channel - that way you can't accuse me of blackmail and you can't control my posts either.

I shall not be held responsible for what occurs as a result of this public disclosure. It is up to those affected to leverage the information and do something about their losses.

It is up to the Scammer to make things right. Tom has 24 hours to start talking with this customers if he wishes to prevent his own doxxing - I just want to see him open communication.

Peace.

EDIT: I've left Dave Carlson off my radar for now, but would be happy to start doxxing him too, if this community feels it is warranted.

Sounds a lot like a threat to me...

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 03:10:24 PM

Sounds a lot like a threat to me...

What, the part you bold-faced?? Wow, English must be a well understood language around here. Please define "threat" for us all?

If this community would like me to uncover Dave Carlson's identity and public information, as a result of BTCFPGA scam, then I would be happy to do it - this is not a threat!

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 03:29:08 PM

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/threat

You stating he has 24 hours to talk, or else.
Stating you be happy to do the same to Dave.

Both threats...

You might not be walking up to his front door and beating his ass, but your giving someone else the information needed to do it.

Please tell us, what reason would you have for handing out this information other than doing harm in some way? To have the community send flowers and cards? I think not. 

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 03:31:56 PM

Both threats...

You might not be walking up to his front door and beating his ass, but your giving someone else the information needed to do it.

Please tell us, what reason would you have for handing out this information other than doing harm in some way? To have the community send flowers and cards? I think not. 

or to file carges you need to know real neame and atleast city and state of person to contact there police dept.

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 03:59:29 PM

Both threats...

Please tell us, what reason does Tom have for not paying his debts to this community while not being publicly flagged as a Scammer?

As an unaffected party, I could care less what anyone does with the information I have on the subject, but I would presume that a legal recourse might enjoy the read as a starting point for investigation.

It sounds to me like Tom has a lot of dear old friends going out of their way to protect him on this forum (shame). But your idea of flowers and cards sounds neat - kill him with kindness. Dig it.

polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 04:02:14 PM

fixed:
or to file charges you need to know real name and at least city and state of person to contact their police dept.

^^^ see, at least some of us are thinking straight.

No LLC (BTCFPGA) = no limited liability, period.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: