Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:50:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The bASIC Refund Tracking Thread  (Read 40959 times)
BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 04:07:27 PM

Please don't get mired in tangential nitpicking. puck2 makes a good point. Dave, what further information can you release to help us get our money back? I understand you personally can do no more, and you've done an admirable job so far, but those of us who payed with Bitcoins are still in dire straits. Anything you can tell us would be appreciated.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
100%digital

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 04:17:49 PM

Please don't get mired in tangential nitpicking. puck2 makes a good point. Dave, what further information can you release to help us get our money back? I understand you personally can do no more, and you've done an admirable job so far, but those of us who payed with Bitcoins are still in dire straits. Anything you can tell us would be appreciated.

+1 we need some info Dave... Know you're officially out, but anything you could 'suggest' that might be helpful -we sure could use it.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 04:47:44 PM

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/threat

You stating he has 24 hours to talk, or else.
Stating you be happy to do the same to Dave.

Both threats...

You might not be walking up to his front door and beating his ass, but your giving someone else the information needed to do it.

Please tell us, what reason would you have for handing out this information other than doing harm in some way? To have the community send flowers and cards? I think not. 

Please tell us, what reason does Tom have for not paying his debts to this community while not being publicly flagged as a Scammer?

i never claimed he had a reason for not paying, nor did I say he should not be flagged as a scammer. Must be that english language your so good with...

Maybe the reason Im so calm with this mess is that before I ever spent one cent on anything Bitcoin related I decided that it was ok for me to lose it without hurting me financially. Granted I dont WANT to lose it, but I can afford to without any harm.

That being said, I would like my refund.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 04:55:37 PM

*sigh*. I've got this countless times. Apparently I'm on the payroll of BFL, AVALON and now bASIC. Would it make some sense to you that I'm not on anyone's payroll, even theymos? You can go ahead and release the information you like, but don't make it as an extortion attempt. This is my last point on the issue. Next time, I'm just going to delete and not say anything.

GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:05:43 PM

Another thing to point out, this is another reason I strongly dislike the idea of specialized mining hardware being controlled by a select few 'companies' ... look at what happened to MMQ owners, if there was ever a warranty on those units...there sure as hell aint anymore. =(
Not to mention, on top of that they are worth nothing now....

Ugh this whole situation stinks, Ive been yelling scammer since this shit started goin down in mid january... and Ive been banned nearly everywhere I spoke out .. look who was right! psh...

It will be nothing short of a miracle if Tom ever speaks again to us, much less gives us our BTC back =(
This is why people, in general suck today, noones a man of their fucking word anymore. Shit gets rough n they run for the hills. Noone cares who they fucking hurt. So sad =(

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 05:42:23 PM

Must be that english language your so good with...

Check your grammar and try: you're (as in, you are).

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 06:59:23 PM

This is just getting ridiculous.

Tom is a scammer. I don't believe he set out to scam, but he has failed to repay his investors when things fell apart and has lied about relevant facts.

Dave has helped many people get their money out of this collapsing company. I've seen zero evidence that he's stolen anything from anyone. Matter of fact he seems to have contributed his time for free to help some people get out. Can we just stick to what we know and at least give Dave the presumption of innocence unless and until we know something to the contrary?

polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 07:03:44 PM

Tom is a scammer. I don't believe he set out to scam, but he has failed to repay his investors when things fell apart and has lied about relevant facts.

Dave has helped many people get their money out of this collapsing company. I've seen zero evidence that he's stolen anything from anyone. Matter of fact he seems to have contributed his time for free to help some people get out. Can we just stick to what we know and at least give Dave the presumption of innocence unless and until we know something to the contrary?

Yes, I agree with that.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:06:10 PM

Yes, I agree with that.
As do I.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:02:58 PM

* Order date: withheld
 * Order number: withheld
 * Quantity BASIC01 (the $1069.99 72GH/s unit): 4
 * Quantity BASIC02 (the $599.99 36GH/s unit): 0
 * Quantity BASIC02 --> BASIC01 upgrade: 0
 * Order status currently shown on website: Refund Requested
 * Payment type (Bitcoin or credit card) : Bitcoin
 * Date refund was requested: 01/21/2013
 * Date refund was received (empty if not received): -
c_k
Donator

Activity: 242

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:07:48 PM

I got my refund, I guess because I didn't fuck around and wait until the bitter end - if you did, then... It's amazing you left your money somewhere without watching development progress and thinking for yourself.

miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:42:45 PM

I got my refund, I guess because I didn't fuck around and wait until the bitter end - if you did, then... It's amazing you left your money somewhere without watching development progress and thinking for yourself.

There was a surprising amount of "Team Tommy" supporters that were still on the ship when it hit the bottom of the ocean...

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 09:16:12 PM

And once again, those who actually payed in the currency we're trying to promote get the short end of the stick.

AFAIK, two people know who is owed what - Tom Van Riper and Dave Carlson. Because it seems that Tom is unwilling to do so, I'd like to see Dave provide this community with an anonymized list of BTC refunds requested from Tom along with the associated addresses so that we can:

• Verify if and when refunds are paid.  Grin
  • Get a handle on HOW big a swindle this really is.  Embarrassed

puck2 - I have been thinking of how to do this.  The BTC Refund list is a Google doc which I own.  I'm thinking I could write a page that lists the address (or enough of it for the owner to know its his/hers), and whether it has been paid.  I don't want to release enough details that might help someone attempt to steal the refund by emailing Tom with order #, address and amount, then claiming they need to change the payment address, etc.  I also don't want to release info that Tom would consider privileged or damaging internal company info - I don't need him filing suit against me.

polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 09:17:44 PM

puck2 - I have been thinking of how to do this.  The BTC Refund list is a Google doc which I own.  I'm thinking I could write a page that lists the address (or enough of it for the owner to know its his/hers), and whether it has been paid.  I don't want to release enough details that might help someone attempt to steal the refund by emailing Tom with order #, address and amount, then claiming they need to change the payment address, etc.  I also don't want to release info that Tom would consider privileged or damaging internal company info - I don't need him filing suit against me.

buzzdave, I would suggest checking with Tom first in order to avoid issues.

dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:28:30 PM

what issuse tom is currently scamming us by not refunding y u checking in with the scammer to make sure its ok

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
MonsterZero

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:39:44 PM

puck2 - I have been thinking of how to do this.  The BTC Refund list is a Google doc which I own.  I'm thinking I could write a page that lists the address (or enough of it for the owner to know its his/hers), and whether it has been paid.  I don't want to release enough details that might help someone attempt to steal the refund by emailing Tom with order #, address and amount, then claiming they need to change the payment address, etc.  I also don't want to release info that Tom would consider privileged or damaging internal company info - I don't need him filing suit against me.

what issuse tom is currently scamming us by not refunding y u checking in with the scammer to make sure its ok

If you really think he's a scammer one thing you wouldn't want to do is open yourself to litigation from said scammer....

Like a former employee divulging customer details to the public...
polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 09:54:16 PM

^^ what he said.

buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 10:06:05 PM

Both threats...

You might not be walking up to his front door and beating his ass, but your giving someone else the information needed to do it.

Please tell us, what reason would you have for handing out this information other than doing harm in some way? To have the community send flowers and cards? I think not. 

I can uncover my personal address and identity information a lot easier and more accurately.  If you want to serve me legal docs or a fist sandwich, just contact me at mail.davec@gmail.com

I've made no attempts to hide from the community - I've used my full name, my picture, my personal email address and my Skype (which if you are a contact, gives my phone number).  My profile here on the forum says I'm in Everett, WA (USA). 

If you can't find out where I live and who I am from that info, well I'd be pretty damn disappointed in you.

polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 10:14:22 PM

Both threats...

I can uncover my personal address and identity information a lot easier and more accurately.  If you want to serve me legal docs or a fist sandwich, just contact me at mail.davec@gmail.com

I've made no attempts to hide from the community - I've used my full name, my picture, my personal email address and my Skype (which if you are a contact, gives my phone number).  My profile here on the forum says I'm in Everett, WA (USA). 

If you can't find out where I live and who I am from that info, well I'd be pretty damn disappointed in you.

Straight.

hardcore-fs

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 10:45:50 PM

Both threats...

Please tell us, what reason does Tom have for not paying his debts to this community while not being publicly flagged as a Scammer?

As an unaffected party, I could care less what anyone does with the information I have on the subject, but I would presume that a legal recourse might enjoy the read as a starting point for investigation.

It sounds to me like Tom has a lot of dear old friends going out of their way to protect him on this forum (shame). But your idea of flowers and cards sounds neat - kill him with kindness. Dig it.

Feel 100% free to file a scammer tag, publish material about 'businesses' or even your own opinion, and I would have absolutely no problem with it.

I'm also bloody angry/annoyed about the way Tom has behaved (Not about the fact that he could not pull it off, but his piss poor attitude to his investors), But I do not want his excuse to be that he was physically threatened or people were trying to blackmail him and that's why he is keeping a low profile.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: