Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:54:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGox is apparently out of money...  (Read 7197 times)
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 07:46:03 PM

mtgox dwolla withdrawal took about 30 minutes today. minor amount but wicked fast.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HDSolar

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 08:11:13 PM

Not sure if anyone cares but bitfloor is doing just fine, a little slow on payouts but getting my money with no issue.    Grin

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 09:44:19 PM

With BTC value behaving like it is, I'll bet there's a lot of ppl doing the same thing right now (selling for fiat).
Your bet is wrong. Again. There are much more ppl buying bitcoins than ppl selling bitcoins. This is why bitcoin price is going up, not down!
michaelmclees

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 10:24:23 PM

With BTC value behaving like it is, I'll bet there's a lot of ppl doing the same thing right now (selling for fiat).
Your bet is wrong. Again. There are much more ppl buying bitcoins than ppl selling bitcoins. This is why bitcoin price is going up, not down!

Were more hot dogs bought or sold in New York today?  Think carefully...
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 10:25:41 PM

Sold.  The ones that were not bought never existed and merely serve to launder funds obtained from other sources.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 10:32:31 PM

Hah!  I get it.

misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 01:05:26 AM

Huh... MTGox can't even afford a $4000 withdrawal after 10+ days.  This does not bode well.

Can we please change the title of this thread to something that isn't totally misleading?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 02:37:14 AM

So I initiated a $4000 MTGox Dwolla withdrawal over ten days ago... I sent in two support tickets and they finally got back to me tonight, here's what the response was.

Gene, Jan 22 13:06 (JST):

Hello Josh,

The transaction is still in process and the transaction has not been processed due to insufficient funds in our account.We will retry and update you once processed.We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

Huh... MTGox can't even afford a $4000 withdrawal after 10+ days.  This does not bode well.

Looks like Josh is going to buy something for himself, for I don't believe his title description at BFL includes handling everyday expenditures.
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 10:48:45 AM

Were more hot dogs bought or sold in New York today?  Think carefully...
Hah!  I get it.
Huh! I don't get it. You don't measure the price of a currency with food. You measure the price of a currency with another currency. This is called exchange rate.
lucif

Activity: 462

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 11:34:18 AM

Becoin: remove that bug from avatar pls, I try to kill it each time I see it on monitor....
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 11:47:38 AM

Becoin: remove that bug from avatar pls, I try to kill it each time I see it on monitor....
Cheesy
It's there for a purpose!
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 11:57:44 AM

Were more hot dogs bought or sold in New York today?  Think carefully...
Hah!  I get it.
Huh! I don't get it. You don't measure the price of a currency with food. You measure the price of a currency with another currency. This is called exchange rate.

For every coin bought, somone has to sell it, so it's always the same amount bought and sold.! However the hotdog analogy was wrong, as the statement was "More people buying than selling" which means more small bids compared to larger fewer asks. which does'nt conflict with the first statement about every coin sold is also bought.

So the analogy should be "Are more hotdogs sold in batches today"
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 01:08:03 PM

For every coin bought, somone has to sell it, so it's always the same amount bought and sold.
This is both true and false because this statement is missing a very important aspect. Time variable is missing! What you've explained is not a static equilibrium. The balance is dynamically achieved in time. This is why the exchange rate is moving up and down. At a given point in time more ppl wanted to buy than those that wanted to sell. This is why the exchange rate moved up to balance this increased demand. Because market moved up some of the buy orders below the market level remained unfulfilled. So, yes. There is absolutely nothing wrong to say there are more people buying than selling bitcoins if bitcoin price is going up!
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 01:36:37 PM

Can we please change the title of this thread to something that isn't totally misleading?

Why? 

These are the exact signs we saw just before CryptoXChange died.

I'm concerned about having some BTCBTC in GOX now...

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 01:47:04 PM

Cheesy
It's there for a purpose!
Yeah, Well Many, Many people are slapping "Ignore" on you just because of your avatar, im finally going to join them since you dont seem to feel like changing it.
Give and you shall recieve I supposed, he gives a nuisance, we recieve it, then give him an ignore, and recieve the removal of the nuisance

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:32:21 PM

Huh... MTGox can't even afford a $4000 withdrawal after 10+ days.  This does not bode well.

Why?
Because these are the same arguments that gmaxwell used to change the title and later lock this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137026.0
Do we see a double standard here, gmaxwell?
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 07:36:06 PM

For every coin bought, somone has to sell it, so it's always the same amount bought and sold.
This is both true and false because this statement is missing a very important aspect. Time variable is missing! What you've explained is not a static equilibrium. The balance is dynamically achieved in time. This is why the exchange rate is moving up and down. At a given point in time more ppl wanted to buy than those that wanted to sell. This is why the exchange rate moved up to balance this increased demand. Because market moved up some of the buy orders below the market level remained unfulfilled. So, yes. There is absolutely nothing wrong to say there are more people buying than selling bitcoins if bitcoin price is going up!

No.  If I buy a coin that nobody sold, where did it come from?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 07:50:21 PM

No.  If I buy a coin that nobody sold, where did it come from?
Did I say that nobody sold you this coin?
What I do say is that more people are buying bitcoins than those selling bitcoins! That does not mean that everybody that wanted to buy bitcoins have succeeded in buying! The price moved up to balance the supply/demand equation! Why is so hard for you to understand something quite obvious?
michaelmclees

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 10:06:10 PM

No.  If I buy a coin that nobody sold, where did it come from?
Did I say that nobody sold you this coin?
What I do say is that more people are buying bitcoins than those selling bitcoins! That does not mean that everybody that wanted to buy bitcoins have succeeded in buying! The price moved up to balance the supply/demand equation! Why is so hard for you to understand something quite obvious?

Because while it may appear obvious to you that more people are buying than selling, that may not be the case in fact.  The market could be comprised of 1 buyer and 10,000 sellers, or vice versa, and the charts might look exactly the same in either case to what we've seen recently.  You, quite simply, either do not know what you're talking about, or are unable to express yourself properly.
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 11:19:34 PM

Because while it may appear obvious to you that more people are buying than selling, that may not be the case in fact.
Oh, it is the fact. No doubt about that.
Market doesn't care if it is a single person buying 10000 bitcoins or 1000 persons buying 10 bitcoins each. From market point of view there is no difference whatsoever. For instance, that 1 person buying 10000 bitcoins might be a hedge fund manager that represents 1000 shareholders.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: