Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:39:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Linux mining distro for the Raspberry PI - MinePeon  (Read 684872 times)
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:00:55 PM

Minepeon will not update anything on the settings page - am stuck in Africa killing kittens

Chances are you can solve it with this:
http://minepeon.com/index.php/Troubleshooting#Set_permissions_after_git_pull
Thanks, will look into this tomorrow..

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ct1aic

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 01:27:52 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2013, 01:38:48 PM by ct1aic

Note to Self : Do not do updates with 22 miners running. I believe this is the source of the problems I have had.

Disconnect miners, update, reboot, restart mining.

Seems sooo obvious now lol@me.

This might not be a problem with fewer miners.

Am gonna start again with this n mind tomorrow.  Grin
Are you talking about MinePeon update or Arch Linux update? I never had problems with MinePeon but I always destroy the SD when trying to update the OS.

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:16:57 PM

I'm still running the original minepeon 0.2.2 release and I just got the little LCD display.

Should I follow the tutorial (https://github.com/cardcomm/cgminerLCDStats/blob/master/MinePeon%20Install.md) now (including "sudo pacman -Syu" and all the other updates) or is the next minepeon release imminent and I should wait a day or two?

When I do the minepeon update as in the tutorial, will it keep all my settings (miner, changed passwords, wifi etc.)?

I believe that in most cases, the cgminerLCDStats should function correctly even if you skip doing both the MinePeon and the OS updates. Honestly, I included the update steps without thinking much about it, just because I'm in the habit of always doing it. Now that I'm more familiar with MinePeon, I think I'll update the tutorial to show the updates as optional steps. That'll be more appropriate for the user base I think.

As for it keeping your settings after a MinePeon update - I'm not positive of the answer. I assume no - I think this may have been covered briefly up-thread a ways. Maybe someone that knows MinePeon can answer that one for me Smiley

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
petfold

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 10:10:28 PM

hi. Does Minepeon work with the Butterfly Labs BitForce 60 GH/s (and 50 GH/s)  miners? Will it recognize it, or will we have to change some configuration? Thanks.
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 11:55:24 PM

hi. Does Minepeon work with the Butterfly Labs BitForce 60 GH/s (and 50 GH/s)  miners? Will it recognize it, or will we have to change some configuration? Thanks.
Yes it works. Just plug in and start mining.

Message me if you have any problems
southerngentuk

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 01:28:16 AM

Are you talking about MinePeon update or Arch Linux update? I never had problems with MinePeon but I always destroy the SD when trying to update the OS.
Am sure its the arch update that does it, my last attempt was successful with nothing plugged into the usb's.

I believe that in most cases, the cgminerLCDStats should function correctly even if you skip doing both the MinePeon and the OS updates. Honestly, I included the update steps without thinking much about it, just because I'm in the habit of always doing it. Now that I'm more familiar with MinePeon, I think I'll update the tutorial to show the updates as optional steps. That'll be more appropriate for the user base I think.

I was having issues with python that were resolved with the OS update, am thinking this will not be an issue once 0.2.3 is released as am sure Neil said somewhere arch was updated..so then cgminerLCDStats wont require any additional updates -sweet Grin

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Yinero

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:28:20 AM

I'm having issues getting minepeon to work correctly. I am going to list everything I did and what went wrong chronologically.

I followed this guide exactly as it is written from here

When typing in the IP i found through ifconfig I would get constant "graph Errors" on my web browser.

found out that typing sudo ntpd -s fixes this, so the web ui started to work.

I typed in my pool info and tweeked the donation settings.

restarted my pi with my asics plugged in as the instructions said and they didn't start to work right away. CGminer was constantly restarting them and when they did turn on it would only say ZOMBIE/333.3MH/s and the block eruptors would only mine for a few seconds then shut off again.

So I restart my pi and this time and every single time after words the UTMP would [FAILED] on boot and several daemons would follow suite afterwords.

And thats where I'm stuck. I even reformatted my card and did everything again only to have the same outcome. I don't know what I'm doing wrong... the miners would great on my PC and I followed that guide to the T. What irks me more is everyone who replied on that guide said "Worked great for me first try!" and here I am trying over and over again.... sigh. Any help would be appreciated  Grin
stellan0r

Activity: 574

Medical Translations for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:54:39 AM

I'm having issues getting minepeon to work correctly. I am going to list everything I did and what went wrong chronologically.

What kind of USB Hub are you using? How many miners? What type of SD-Card?

Did you try to connect the Miners one by one to the hub (have the hub connected while setting everything up and connect the first usb miner while rebooting, then check if that one is working).

Did you SSH into the RPi to check cgminer? (with "sudo screen -r")

Allgemeine Gesundheitsberatung gegen Bitcoin-Zahlung. Bei Fragen einfach eine PM schicken!
If you want to send a thank you: BTC "1PZJvKvarRviQRQWejpvXW2j4e1xbT8MZb"
LordTheron

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 05:39:14 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2013, 05:54:50 PM by LordTheron

Hi,

Got quick question. On my RPI Im running minepeon 2.2 and have 2 jallo  connected to it and it works fine  but when I connect 5 bitburners my cgminer reports AVA device not BTB and its not hashing.

How do I add avalon-options to cgminer?  Not sure how to do it on minepeon.

Edit: Ive updated cgminer to 3.3.4 and now it shows BTB device ok so just need to add avalon arg. Where?
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 08:23:10 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2013, 08:51:31 PM by Nemo1024

A few questions while playing around with RPi setup. MinePeon and WebUI are freshly-pulled from git.
How do I automatically restart network service?
I can manually do
Code:
sudo systemctl restart network.service
however, what would be an automatic equivalent in case my router goes down/reboots.

Currently, if I pull the ethernet cable and plug it back in, dmesg will show that the link went down then up. However, the assigned IP (I have a static IP set up) is gone from ifconfig and the device becomes unreachable. The only solution so far is to physically access the device and perform the command above.

Can MinePeon be preconfigured, so that it is always online, even after connectivity loss?

Additionally, what is the critical CPU temp? I have heatsinks attached. Without the case, the temp reported in WebUI is 46C, with the case 54C.

And another question/remark: Cgminer runs at 84% with 30 BEs according to 'top'. However, WebUI reports 424% load. Why is that?

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 08:57:51 PM

A few questions while playing around with RPi setup. MinePeon and WebUI are freshly-pulled from git.
I can manually do
Code:
however, what would be an automatic equivalent in case my router goes down/reboots.

Currently, if I pull the ethernet cable and plug it back in, dmesg will show that the link went down then up. However, the assigned IP (I have a static IP set up) is gone from ifconfig and the device becomes unreachable. The only solution so far is to physically access the device and perform the command above.

Can MinePeon be preconfigured, so that it is always online, even after connectivity loss?

Additionally, what is the critical CPU temp? I have heatsinks attached. Without the case, the temp reported in WebUI is 46C, with the case 54C.

I have found setting a DHCP reservation in the router for the Pi using the mac address works best if you want the same IP all the time. Then when you update the build, you will still get the same IP. I do this so my monitoring and miner.php configs never have to be modified. I have 5 setup this way and I never had it get messed up, even with minor network hiccups at the DC.

I don't have any info on Pi temps as far as acceptable ranges, but I have all mine in cases and they have been mining for months. Maybe someone else might have more info.
yxzq

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:20:14 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2013, 12:49:51 AM by yxzq

Edit: Ive updated cgminer to 3.3.4 and now it shows BTB device ok so just need to add avalon arg. Where?
Code:
/opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf
Add this:
"avalon-auto":"",

Max 80 or something. Mine runs often around 45, without case.

And another question/remark: Cgminer runs at 84% with 30 BEs according to 'top'. However, WebUI reports 424% load. Why is that?
It's a built-in php function that estimates the number of processes in the system run queue. It's not so problematic to go over 100. I have never seen it go above 250 so 400 seems high :-p
See http://php.net/manual/en/function.sys-getloadavg.php
Yinero

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:24:23 PM

What kind of USB Hub are you using? How many miners? What type of SD-Card?

Did you try to connect the Miners one by one to the hub (have the hub connected while setting everything up and connect the first usb miner while rebooting, then check if that one is working).

Did you SSH into the RPi to check cgminer? (with "sudo screen -r")

I assure you everything I'm using is the recommended thing to use. D-link 7port USB hub, 2 Miners. Connecting the miners via 1 at a time did nothing. I didn't SSH  had it plugged into a monitor for testing to make sure everything was going to work (which it didn't) then I was going to control it via SSH.
Ego

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:40:36 PM

My rpi is in the mail I have prepared my SD card cheers for the info and the code
MineForeman.com (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 05:12:25 AM

Update time again!

There are so many changes underneath the hood that the change log is huge (see below for the full details).  You don’t need to re image, but if you don’t your going to be missing out on quite a few improvements, some of which cannot be distributed through the git system. Some highlights that need testing and your feedback;-

• Thomas’s AngularJS GUI
If you go to the web interface and click on ‘Advanced’ you will see the beginnings of a new dynamic interface written in JavaScript and AngularJS by Thomas.  Not only does it replicate just about everything in the old static interface but it has a pile of cool new features that need your testing and feedback.

• Full rebuild of underlining Arch Linux
I have spent quite a bit of time rebuilding everything with a close eye on optimization and stability.  A lot of old problems should be sorted out but as always they need to be tested.

• Email notification of issues.
You can now set tolerances for miner count and hashrate and MinePeon will send you an email notifying you of any problems, and it will even attempt to fix the issues in a future update.

• Miners now run as minepeon instead of root enabling finer control of the mining process.
The biggest change under the hood is how the miner process is run, it is now run as its own user enabling the monitor process to kill and even restart MinePeon.

• Vastly improved donate system.
Please try it out, the donations help and they are getting close to the point that I can actually make MinePeon a part time job and cut back hours from my ‘real job’.

Donations now also take place at midday your timezone so you can keep a closer eye on it but the stability problems when restarting the miner seem to have been solved.

Full change log as follows;-

https://github.com/MineForeman/MinePeon

302bb51 (HEAD, origin/master, origin/0.2.2, master) Version update in preperation for a new image
2680132 Kill the miner on restart
6fb0def Kill the miner on restart
92285a8 cgminer 3.3.4
071ccea Sleep for 60 secconds to avoid monitor scripts
faa1f0b Cleqanup of test code
ea14c56 Cgminer 3.3.3a
b683570 Cgminer 3.3.3
475cb97 Add flag when donation is active
2c66f6a cgminer 3.3.2
2d956de Donate changed to 12 (midday) so that if it buggs people can catch it
565c05c Minor miner updates
28b7384 Change default to BTCGuild as a test
e0b6a59 Change default to BTCGuild as a test
871b4c3 Add monitor checks
b6df3c5 Quit the miner instead of restarting it
94d940c Remove debug code
b0580d3 Add hashrate checks
c1bb6df Merge pull request #4 from thgh/patch-1
5008a17 Fix donate
fbc3920 Fix varable names
313538e Move email to functions.inc.php
f08aac0 Add deviceName to alerts
9618200 Add deviceName to alerts
c6c964a Add device count alert
e3fa4c7 Move donation to .conf file
2e4cefd Remove timezone.inc.php includes and file, all moved to settings.inc.php
0d12826 cgminer updates
3da7add Merge pull request #3 from joeykrim/patch-2
fe3fdcd Added some clarification information around the structure of the repo
0ae1ddc Miner updates
b6b94a1 bfgminer 3.1.1 ==> 3.1.3
e8b1b61 Merge branch ‘master’ of github.com:MineForeman/MinePeon
f84b9dc Better handeling of miner restarts
88c5216 Merge pull request #1 from joeykrim/patch-1
9778213 Cleanup unused variables
5ee9fa0 Fix BTCGuild Donate address
6457079 Remove files in etc
c02def5 (origin/0.2.1) Cleanup versioning in etc
https://github.com/MineForeman/MinePeonWebUI

46e866b (HEAD, origin/master, master) Kill the miner on restart
e6df3f3 Merge pull request #48 from mariogrip/patch-1
91b235b fixes “Kitten Killer!” to the right position
b24ae49 Merge pull request #45 from thgh/master
d3b875e Merge pull request #44 from joeykrim/patch-2
5d3bde1 Restore and import backup functionality 90% tested Needs zip installed Needs 770 on directories etc/ and var/ (possibly 777?) Works :-)
c2a8cb7 Added example placeholder values for Email alert fields: Device Name, E-mail and SMTP server
8e67ffc Added example placeholder values for Email alert fields: Device Name, E-mail and SMTP Server
27654c3 Merge pull request #43 from joeykrim/patch-1
e1bc84f Add clarity by changing chart visibility text based on the visibility state
e9acf2c Changed text from “Toggle charts” to “Display extended charts”
d0aa41e Merge pull request #42 from thgh/master
abb64db Much better backup page
0a51dda Merge pull request #41 from thgh/master
3896336 Added: download a stored backup as .zip
1b6f180 Don’t throw exception when miner is down
9b9ea4b Merge pull request #40 from thgh/master
edeb244 Solve errors in log: f_settings
c4e0b17 Solve more errors
a7c4295 Repeat password to save it
0f1dc7b Restart only button and set alerts visible
5c34a7a Avoid errors in log
7630a94 Use h3 instead of legend
a6c97fc Merge pull request #39 from thgh/master
edd992e Merge remote-tracking branch ‘refs/remotes/mineforeman/master’
8d74af4 Merged
a42e721 Merge pull request #38 from thgh/master
034c024 Merge remote-tracking branch ‘refs/remotes/mineforeman/master’
f16ab06 Little bugfixes
8b6732e Splash screen, not sure about security
eaa60e3 MineForeman link
114dfec Merge pull request #37 from thgh/master
166ad60 Miner configuration editor works now
801ef29 General fixes in UI, merge restore into backup, add miner configuration page
97c47ab Stop SSL redirect if running from the CLI
86621d8 Standard hashrate symbology
c98c91c Update js libraries, removed unused files, little fixes
c9f48fc Merge pull request #36 from thgh/master
0b89bf7 Fixed alert after settings saved
dbf5fb8 Better settings, added Main controller, nicer colors
40c0672 Added pools in settings When cgminer is down, an alert will show in the WebUI
1a87e04 Fixed time bug and some details
44e1b84 Merge pull request #35 from thgh/master
62332f6 Merge pull request #34 from thgh/master
e90dc03 Less borders on tables and better alignment
a4839ca Merge remote-tracking branch ‘refs/remotes/mineforeman/master’
ea43372 Better way to save settings, save password and set timezone. Added alerts
4853a9e Merge pull request #33 from thgh/master
837e0d3 Merge pull request #32 from thgh/patch-1
c627486 Important file to backup
01467bc Optimization in Advanced > Status
7f2d017 Update README.md
cc88d95 Merge pull request #31 from thgh/master
78a3971 Removed debugging code should not have been committed
1038b0b Merge pull request #30 from thgh/master
f97a3df All settings variables correctly named
224f691 Merge pull request #29 from thgh/master
fbc108d Fix compatibility between both settings pages
41e0bdb Fix compatibility between both settings pages
d3a7684 Remove old variable names
953d729 Merge pull request #28 from thgh/master
ca72011 Merged
fb9f831 Added setting miningRecover: Automatically attempt recovery Removed old variable names
d481a0a Merge pull request #27 from thgh/master
a5524c7 Added settings page and lots of bug fixes
fc68c47 Merge pull request #26 from thgh/master
6fd6cef Quick fix smtp input
f45c18b Merge pull request #25 from thgh/master
68ac931 Fixed button:focus in class peon-settings
599addb Cleanup advanced menu & statusbar
96aac1c Merge pull request #24 from thgh/master
c602efb Status page in angular, statusbar in a seperate controller
d23bcdc Realtime statusbar with angular
7cc4719 Merge remote-tracking branch ‘refs/remotes/mineforeman/master’
f6a768d Beginnings of realtime miner status in Advanced > Status
94def0f Remove ellipsis class from pool URL
3f06f55 Merge pull request #23 from thgh/master
cf392ba Add sqlite database + phpliteAdmin Might have to change permissions to get it working
d7a12f2 Added restore from backup page
5cde8a2 More comments and some optimization in f_copy and f_miner
e90e786 wut
4f90fc8 Remove unused advanced.php
da3602b unused copy
5cd976b Merge remote-tracking branch ‘refs/remotes/mineforeman/master’
670b87a Add functions.inc.php for generic functions
d3630dd forgot to remove menuitem
873d0ff Added “advanced” page built with angular, added advanced > backup Restore from backup to come
5f0f5d6 Update README.md
e956d5c Logo in navbar
f633d2b Nicer settings and pool settings, removed pool labels
7cac401 Save space in pools by using only the URL
f178dab Fix response from f_miner, kitten to footer
bb51f35 Donation plea to footer
596aec8 Toggle for more charts, better pools table
13a399a update bootstrap.js just in case it will be used
1b0902f remove unused files
fd27082 static navbar instead of fixed
574e0b1 Cleanup pool settings, saving with ajax, miner restart with ajax
9f17fcb Add Minimum Expected Harshrate in settings for an Alert
64bcaf9 Merge pull request #21 from thgh/master
f7221e0 Cleanup styles, fixed tablesorter, update to bootstrap3RC1
17d13ec Remove all set buttons and replace with one save settings button
fd9349b Add deviceName for alerts
711f52d Add alert settings
b298ad3 Add email setting for alerts
5392bff Move donation to .conf file
6eea541 Move timezone to .conf file
809b0b2 Remove ssl.inc.php includes and file, all moved to settings.inc.php
73b6e63 Remove timezone.inc.php includes
1aae7eb Move timezone functions to settings.inc.php & Move timezone functions to settings.inc.php
cb7da28 Remove plural from labels (more spaces saved)
f2bad7f Apply small tag to a few labels
034bac4 Add css rule for small and large to better format things
a576e3e Add css rule for stats table and reduce font to fit
871a05e Remove Diff Stale (not used anymore) to reclaim space in pools table.
b58f724 Merge pull request #20 from joeykrim/patch-1
c08f096 Added miner device row error highlighting if error rate over 10% or rejected rate over 5%
49b3c67 Merge pull request #19 from joeykrim/patch-2
e14603e Added CPU Load averages
03829cf Merge pull request #18 from joeykrim/patch-1
b8f0e66 Added conversion to F for us metric challenged Americans …
c0a3d88 Added temperature to the MinePeon Status
df66009 Merge branch ‘master’ of github.com:MineForeman/MinePeonWebUI
65e041d Add JSON_PRETTY_PRINT to output of miner config files
1d0b051 Merge pull request #16 from joeykrim/patch-1
3d0bde9 Adjusted percentage calculations to only be performed if the divisor is not 0 clearing PHP Warning error in Apache error_log
33b6e7c Merge pull request #15 from joeykrim/patch-1
0b3d1c3 Updated percentage calculations for mining devices status
0730d77 Merge pull request #11 from joeykrim/patch-4
f1ee7a0 Merge pull request #14 from joeykrim/patch-6
d355519 If pool is alive, set row class to success – highlight green
e2c25dc Added Difficulty Stale column, count and percentage to the pool status table
4633c32 Removed unnecessary </td> tag
2ab2c7c Merge pull request #12 from joeykrim/patch-6
c4e73dd Swapped spelling of variable named responce for response
2ba364f Moved percentage calculations to the Difficulty based statistics
4689958 Updated percentage stats for overall pools
9521383 Another typo in license, thanks Phil

Neil

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:26:48 AM

cant wait to try out the update when i get home. Good work Neil and Thomas.

Message me if you have any problems
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 07:56:16 AM

I can manually do
Code:

(...)

I have found setting a DHCP reservation in the router for the Pi using the mac address works best if you want the same IP all the time. Then when you update the build, you will still get the same IP. I do this so my monitoring and miner.php configs never have to be modified. I have 5 setup this way and I never had it get messed up, even with minor network hiccups at the DC.

I don't have any info on Pi temps as far as acceptable ranges, but I have all mine in cases and they have been mining for months. Maybe someone else might have more info.

I don't seem to have this option on Linksys E4200, so I need to set up static IP on RPi and I need it to come back online automatically after network failure. Any suggestions?

A new version's out?! Yay. I just flushed the old one yesterday after waiting a week for the new one. Looks like I'll have some fun with Pi next week-end as well. Smiley

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
netfun2000

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:06:46 AM

no "sudo screen -r" ?
BTC-engineer

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:12:26 AM

no "sudo screen -r" ?

I've not tested the new release yet, but my understanding is that you have to run 'screen -r' as user minepeon, so try it without the sudo if you are logged in as minepeon.

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
southerngentuk

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:16:45 AM

Just for info :
Am getting power issues on the USB again with the new build ( same as when I updated Arch )
It would seem the updated Arch does not like my hub.
I have NOT cut the 5V line on the usb cable (yet) as I never needed to before (it always worked fine on the old Arch) and I could always plug and unplug freely.

Anyway am off to splice some cables.  Wink

P.S Its the red wire is it not ?

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: