Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:44:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: JJ Abrams: Gay Characters Coming To Star Wars  (Read 3875 times)
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 02:04:46 AM

Please stop with this nonsense and don't ruin Star Wars for the fans like me. It's pointless. Do it on other franchises. Do it with Star Trek - they are more liberal.

Who cares? People shouldn't watch stupid movies such as Star wars, and special quotas and affirmative actions for LGBTs and minorities in the casting will ensure that the viewership will be kept at a minimum. I wonder what will be the next step. What about a gay James Bond? A bisexual Rambo or Rocky would be attractive as well.  Grin

In the real, really nasty and ugly world of espionage, playing gay is one tool used.  For blackmail, etc.

But the character of James Bond is well defined, first in the books by Ian Fleming, then in the movies.

No, he isn't gay.  Doing that would be creating a new character.  Or destroying the old one.
Makes no difference the young adults want it in
They see no problem with people being gay it's normal some people are gay and most are not
could be 2 alien gays not greys Grin   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ8ur9dCjW4
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 05:44:23 AM

But the character of James Bond is well defined, first in the books by Ian Fleming, then in the movies. No, he isn't gay.  Doing that would be creating a new character.  Or destroying the old one.

It doesn't matter whether the original fiction character was gay or not. But the political correctness brigade and the pro-LGBT mafia will ensure that the character is tweaked to suit their own propaganda purposes. For example, in the Norwegian mythology, Heimdallr is described as the "whitest of all the gods". But still, Marvel got the shameless ghetto resident Idris Elba to play the role.
Trifixion713

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 06:00:02 AM

For example, in the Norwegian mythology, Heimdallr is described as the "whitest of all the gods". But still, Marvel got the shameless ghetto resident Idris Elba to play the role.

Speaking of Idris Elba...Stephen King's character Roland of Gilead, aka The Gunslinger, is now going to be played by Elba...I started reading the series when The Gunslinger was first released in the early 80s and would be shaking my head if this wasn't Hollywood we were talking about. For years Clint Eastwood's name was always tossed-around as who would be cast as Roland, of course he is too old now, but Elba??? Seriously, wtf?! And that kook McConaughey will be starring in this crock, also:

Roland Deschain:

After years of speculation surrounding the adaptation of his “magnum opus”, The Dark Tower, Stephen King has confirmed that Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey will play the lead roles after being strongly linked to the parts for months.

The author tweeted: “It’s official: The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed,” referring to the two main protagonists and the line which starts the epic series, which has covered eight novels as well as comics and other iterations...

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/mar/01/actors-stephen-king-the-dark-tower-film-project
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 07:30:20 AM

For example, in the Norwegian mythology, Heimdallr is described as the "whitest of all the gods". But still, Marvel got the shameless ghetto resident Idris Elba to play the role.

Speaking of Idris Elba...Stephen King's character Roland of Gilead, aka The Gunslinger, is now going to be played by Elba...I started reading the series when The Gunslinger was first released in the early 80s and would be shaking my head if this wasn't Hollywood we were talking about. For years Clint Eastwood's name was always tossed-around as who would be cast as Roland, of course he is too old now, but Elba??? Seriously, wtf?! And that kook McConaughey will be starring in this crock, also:

Roland Deschain:

After years of speculation surrounding the adaptation of his “magnum opus”, The Dark Tower, Stephen King has confirmed that Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey will play the lead roles after being strongly linked to the parts for months.

The author tweeted: “It’s official: The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed,” referring to the two main protagonists and the line which starts the epic series, which has covered eight novels as well as comics and other iterations...

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/mar/01/actors-stephen-king-the-dark-tower-film-project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbOzfXAJm4I  White jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW-7K19kgNw White jesus

Jesus is a middle eastern man ..Sorry if such a person
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 03:12:47 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2016, 06:09:23 PM by Spendulus

Please stop with this nonsense and don't ruin Star Wars for the fans like me. It's pointless. Do it on other franchises. Do it with Star Trek - they are more liberal.

Who cares? People shouldn't watch stupid movies such as Star wars, and special quotas and affirmative actions for LGBTs and minorities in the casting will ensure that the viewership will be kept at a minimum. I wonder what will be the next step. What about a gay James Bond? A bisexual Rambo or Rocky would be attractive as well.  Grin

In the real, really nasty and ugly world of espionage, playing gay is one tool used.  For blackmail, etc.

But the character of James Bond is well defined, first in the books by Ian Fleming, then in the movies.

No, he isn't gay.  Doing that would be creating a new character.  Or destroying the old one.
They see no problem with people being gay it's normal some people are gay and most are not
could be 2 alien gays not greys Grin   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ8ur9dCjW4

Fine, whatever.  Let me know how you geat all misty eyed at the romance in Pocahantas 2, where Indian warrior Pocahanto and John Smith courageously walk into the Tribal Council to proclaim their everlasting love.  Where Pocahanto furiously humps John Smith in the Tent of Love.  

I hear it's going to set records for how many movie goers vomit.  Meanwhile, here in the real world, here's a portrayal of a gay that works in plot, with the audience, and which never was complained about.  From Dune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWq15lDh8yM

Baron Harkonnan, portrayed as a psychopathic gay monster, in Dune.

Oh wait - you don't like that?  You just want all goody-goody gay characters in a warm basket of feelings?

Lol....
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:07:20 AM

Who cares? People shouldn't watch stupid movies such as Star wars, and special quotas and affirmative actions for LGBTs and minorities in the casting will ensure that the viewership will be kept at a minimum. I wonder what will be the next step. What about a gay James Bond? A bisexual Rambo or Rocky would be attractive as well.  Grin

In the real, really nasty and ugly world of espionage, playing gay is one tool used.  For blackmail, etc.

No, he isn't gay.  Doing that would be creating a new character.  Or destroying the old one.
could be 2 alien gays not greys Grin   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ8ur9dCjW4

Fine, whatever.  Let me know how you geat all misty eyed at the romance in Pocahantas 2, where Indian warrior Pocahanto and John Smith courageously walk into the Tribal Council to proclaim their everlasting love.  Where Pocahanto furiously humps John Smith in the Tent of Love.  

I hear it's going to set records for how many movie goers vomit.  Meanwhile, here in the real world, here's a portrayal of a gay that works in plot, with the audience, and which never was complained about.  From Dune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWq15lDh8yM

Baron Harkonnan, portrayed as a psychopathic gay monster, in Dune.

Oh wait - you don't like that?  You just want all goody-goody gay characters in a warm basket of feelings?

Lol....
Its new characters playing gay ..Not changing james bond gay it would be stupid james loves the ladies end of.
Your video wont work in the uk

Times have changed could be your son daughter brother or sister who turn out to be gay why let them suffer by hiding the fact much better for them to be free and happy and loved.

Baron Harkonnan, portrayed as a psychopathic gay..Well maybe if his mum and dad and the people around him excepted his gayness he might not be a psychopath..
Now is this another point you missed in the move dune? Like luke being gay you missed that point
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:47:23 PM

Times have changed could be your son daughter brother or sister who turn out to be gay why let them suffer by hiding the fact much better for them to be free and happy and loved.

Baron Harkonnan, portrayed as a psychopathic gay..Well maybe if his mum and dad and the people around him excepted his gayness he might not be a psychopath..
Now is this another point you missed in the move dune? Like luke being gay you missed that point

Aw....poor Baron...he had a bad childhood.

You know what?  Fuck no he didn't.  He was just portrayed as pure evil.

Look, just admit it.  You want pro-gay propaganda in movies. 

No need to justify it.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:49:39 AM

FYI, Luke is "not gay."

Definitive answer.

http://mic.com/articles/137094/is-luke-skywalker-gay-mark-hamill-opens-up-about-star-wars-characters-sexuality#.B27Qfjhcu
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:54:17 AM

FYI, Luke is "not gay."

Definitive answer.

http://mic.com/articles/137094/is-luke-skywalker-gay-mark-hamill-opens-up-about-star-wars-characters-sexuality#.B27Qfjhcu
He is Cheesy.And all the time you spent jumping around with your plastic light sabor saying I am luke sky walker OOOOO CHASE ME Cheesy

here this what got said OPEN TO BEING A GAY Hmmmmmm

in an interview with the Sun on Thursday that Luke's sexual orientation is open to interpretation in the films.

So why not get the girl of his dreams Hmmm because he was gay.Why leave it to interpretations?
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:05:22 AM

You know what?  Fuck no he didn't.  He was just portrayed as pure evil.

Look, just admit it.  You want pro-gay propaganda in movies.  

No need to justify it.
did you know baron before the movie?..So how would you know what happened to him to make him a psychopath
People learn evil? ALL THIS BULLSHIT BORN EVIL NO SUCH THING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9WVZddH9w  You might learn something
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 10:04:08 PM

No need to justify it.
did you know baron before the movie?..So how would you know what happened to him to make him a psychopath

So just admit it.

You want pro gay propaganda in movies.

Maybe a teary eyed blurb backstory about how Baron was such a nice little boy until the family pet gorilla raped him?  Wait, you mean we can't just have a pure evil character that wants to take over the galaxy?
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:42:19 AM

No need to justify it.

So just admit it.

Maybe a teary eyed blurb backstory about how Baron was such a nice little boy until the family pet gorilla raped him?  Wait, you mean we can't just have a pure evil character that wants to take over the galaxy?
Be nice to know what made him evil..They told us how darth vader become evil
Always nice to know why is he so evil DON'T HUMANS ALWAYS ASK WHY WHY WHY

Not all straight and gays are psychopaths..Its the fact he is a psychopath that's the problem..
You mixed the gay with the psychopath not me..And you also have mixed evil with being gay even straight people can have these problems a psychopath or evil.

You want pro gay propaganda in movies you say..
To you it's propaganda to me and most young adults with a brain it's normal.Some people in life are gay and most in life are not.So why not add a bit of gayness to some movies
Depends on the plot and the scene.If being straight or gay fits in with the scene and plot I don't care as long as the movie turns out to be a good watch.
Times are changing you will get used to it could be one day your child who turns out to be gay.
You never know. will you hate your own child if it turns out gay.

Remember most people when one of there children turn out gay they care more what jo bloggs  down the road thinks..Well it's over the more that come out and seen on tv jo bloggs down the road wont care any more because there every where
Who cares what other people think it's my children's thoughts that matter not someone next door

And what I just said RELIGIONS need to learn this too

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 12:43:20 PM

No need to justify it.

So just admit it.

Not all straight and gays are psychopaths..Its the fact he is a psychopath that's the problem..
You mixed the gay with the psychopath not me..And you also have mixed evil with being gay even straight people can have these problems a psychopath or evil.

To you it's propaganda to me and most young adults with a brain it's normal.Some people in life are gay and most in life are not.So why not add a bit of gayness to some movies
Depends on the plot and the scene.If being straight or gay fits in with the scene and plot I don't care as long as the movie turns out to be a good watch.
Times are changing you will get used to it could be one day your child who turns out to be gay.

Remember most people when one of there children turn out gay they care more what jo bloggs  down the road thinks..Well it's over the more that come out and seen on tv jo bloggs down the road wont care any more because there every where
Who cares what other people think it's my children's thoughts that matter not someone next door

Actually all I did was give an example of a gay in the movie scripts.  Not my problem if he's also a psychopath.  I note that nobody has objected to Baron's character.

You are the one that keeps spouting social propaganda.  I can bring up a dozen other movies with characters who are gay.  That's just facts. 
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 09:48:38 PM

No need to justify it.

So just admit it.

Actually all I did was give an example of a gay in the movie scripts.  Not my problem if he's also a psychopath.  I note that nobody has objected to Baron's character.

You are the one that keeps spouting social propaganda.  I can bring up a dozen other movies with characters who are gay.  That's just facts. 
Last post on subject..You mentioned propaganda not me..All's I said was what's the problem with them putting gayness in the movie..You said it's propaganda..

We will agree to disagree.You can have the last say but my last post on subject
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:35:37 PM

No need to justify it.

So just admit it.

Last post on subject..You mentioned propaganda not me..All's I said was what's the problem with them putting gayness in the movie..You said it's propaganda..

I'm not totally sure we disagree.  I've pointed to numerous gay characters "that worked" in various plots.  I'm opposed to sticking whatever is the currently politically correct,  PC mantra in movies as "adding value" in and of itself, when in fact anybody watching can immediately tell you it's degrading and ridiculous.   

Gay does work in some plots with some characters - more examples are Hunger Games (many) and Cadillac Records (the producer). 
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:19:13 AM

No need to justify it.

So just admit it.

Maybe a teary eyed blurb backstory about how Baron was such a nice little boy until the family pet gorilla raped him?  Wait, you mean we can't just have a pure evil character that wants to take over the galaxy?

Remember most people when one of there children turn out gay they care more what jo bloggs  down the road thinks..Well it's over the more that come out and seen on tv jo bloggs down the road wont care any more because there every where

Actually all I did was give an example of a gay in the movie scripts.  Not my problem if he's also a psychopath.  I note that nobody has objected to Baron's character.

You are the one that keeps spouting social propaganda.  I can bring up a dozen other movies with characters who are gay.  That's just facts.  

I'm not totally sure we disagree.  I've pointed to numerous gay characters "that worked" in various plots.  I'm opposed to sticking whatever is the currently politically correct,  PC mantra in movies as "adding value" in and of itself, when in fact anybody watching can immediately tell you it's degrading and ridiculous.  

Gay does work in some plots with some characters - more examples are Hunger Games (many) and Cadillac Records (the producer).  
So why not star wars..Even luke saying why not ;DI got to stop now .I don't have to have the last say NO NO NO.NO mORE 4me
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:30:19 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 01:30:51 AM by Spendulus

So why not star wars..Even luke saying why not ;DI got to stop now .I don't have to have the last say NO NO NO.NO mORE 4me
Because this thread started with the likely correct presumption that they'd totally screw it up with their politically correct mode of thinking, and make it propaganda.  I happen to agree that's quite likely, although it's also likely that someone pulling the strings simply tells the idiot writers and producers "Do not make a plot that sucks."

lol...

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:56:26 AM

Because this thread started with the likely correct presumption that they'd totally screw it up with their politically correct mode of thinking, and make it propaganda.  I happen to agree that's quite likely, although it's also likely that someone pulling the strings simply tells the idiot writers and producers "Do not make a plot that sucks."

lol...

[/quote]Make sure they tell that to luke.You don't want him blowing his scene
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 01:21:49 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 01:32:58 AM by Spendulus

Because this thread started with the likely correct presumption that they'd totally screw it up with their politically correct mode of thinking, and make it propaganda.  I happen to agree that's quite likely, although it's also likely that someone pulling the strings simply tells the idiot writers and producers "Do not make a plot that sucks."
lol...

Make sure they tell that to luke.You don't want him blowing his scene
Right, well maybe you see... there's a fine line between this thing we call propaganda and what is tight plot development, and appeal to everybody or most people.  I'm pretty sure Star Troopers was ruined by the gay subplot, which I don't recall in the original book, and I'm certain Alexander was ruined by it.  More examples are Hunger Games (many) and Jersey Boys (the producer).  Earlier I said Cadillac Records, but I was thinking of Jersey Boys.

Then there are movies about people that were gay.  Mixed feelings about J. Edgar, but I lean in the direction it's purposeful misinformation and propaganda to attempt to destroy the guy by portraying him as a closet homo.  Imitation game, basically the producers lied by presenting Turing as the trials and tribulations of a closet gay, when in fact he was right out in the open.

Short story, yes, political correctness can ruin entertainment media, and largely already has.  Nothing like Airplane!, Blazing Saddles, Office Space, or Idiocracy or many others could be made today, it would seem.  Here's one from Clint Eastwood, not about gay stuff, but which is similarly something that could not be made today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1w29SpEVTY

PC ruins freedom of thought and expression, and there are no exceptions.  There is no exception possible for gay issues without a cost, and that cost will be in box office sales volume.

In conclusion, I'm not really sure I've even done well at illustrating when these characters work in plot, and when they don't, or what the underlying dynamics are.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: