Bitcoin Forum
December 18, 2017, 08:32:32 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins are used only by criminals and speculators...  (Read 5726 times)
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 01:13:41 PM

the one thing to figure out is how to peg it to fiat for mass acceptance to avoid having to continuosly change price listings because of the constant fluctuations in value.
Once trade volume and market capitalization get much higher, price will stabilize like actual major currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
hardup

Activity: 140

Trying hard To Keep Things POSITIVE

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 01:46:09 PM

yup yup Grin

It is about Freedom Of Choice and I choose Bitcoin.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 1330

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:49:20 PM

I've always said Bitcoins hold good value because of the silk road and people wanting to avoid paying taxes or doing paperwork for transfering money from account through account in financial institutions.

But I never looked at the bribery angle. Which is a great idea since I remember, or think I remember a political campaign which accepted Bitcoins.

Money laundering is also a good one.

More and more people will start accepting bitcoins, the one thing to figure out is how to peg it to fiat for mass acceptance to avoid having to continuosly change price listings because of the constant fluctuations in value.

Some of that is an issue because trade is not staying in Bitcoins. Whilst there will be room for arbitrage, as the bitcoin economy grows, the exchange rate will become less important in day-to-day transactions.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 09:35:43 PM

Some of that is an issue because trade is not staying in Bitcoins. Whilst there will be room for arbitrage, as the bitcoin economy grows, the exchange rate will become less important in day-to-day transactions.

This is a good point. May take a while tho.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Blinken

Activity: 337

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 10:08:13 PM

Well, as long as it is just not speculators. If we have real users, that is the only thing that is important. Welcome criminals!

Money should not be tainted by its user. Should you have to give up the $20 in your pocket because some coke dealer was snorting with it?

Tyrannizing money trading on the excuse of law enforcement is the real evil. People should be free to trade and exchange money and goods without other people imprisoning them for it or forcing them to reveal their trades. Our economy is much less than what it could be and EVERYONE is poorer because of oppressive policing of the economy.

Oh, and by the way, the idea that Bitcoins are anonymous I think is not really right. I can look up every single transaction you guys do and your bitcoin addresses are no more secret than the average email account. Now THATS transparency. If anything Bitcoin is anti-anonymous, its the most public facing form of exchange in existence.

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1862

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 04:14:28 AM

Well, as long as it is just not speculators. If we have real users, that is the only thing that is important. Welcome criminals!

Money should not be tainted by its user. Should you have to give up the $20 in your pocket because some coke dealer was snorting with it?

Tyrannizing money trading on the excuse of law enforcement is the real evil. People should be free to trade and exchange money and goods without other people imprisoning them for it or forcing them to reveal their trades. Our economy is much less than what it could be and EVERYONE is poorer because of oppressive policing of the economy.

Oh, and by the way, the idea that Bitcoins are anonymous I think is not really right. I can look up every single transaction you guys do and your bitcoin addresses are no more secret than the average email account. Now THATS transparency. If anything Bitcoin is anti-anonymous, its the most public facing form of exchange in existence.

Go for it.... what can you tell about me from the address in my signature?  It's in the same wallet as most of my other transactions.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
12jh3odyAAaR2XedPKZNCR4X4sebuotQzN
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 10:25:11 AM

Go for it.... what can you tell about me from the address in my signature?  It's in the same wallet as most of my other transactions.

Grin

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 04:47:49 PM

You sure make a lot of sub-Bitcoin transactions...

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1862

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 06:24:35 PM

You sure make a lot of sub-Bitcoin transactions...

And what does that tell you about me?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
12jh3odyAAaR2XedPKZNCR4X4sebuotQzN
ThaSpacePope

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 03:35:44 AM

Sorry to say but child pr0n pushers will never cease to exist so there will always be demand for alternative, untraceable currency like bitcoin. As others have noted, "criminal" is subjective and arbitrary. Publishing Hustler in 1950 would get you killed in every state in the USA. Demand for hustler was the same then as it is now. Just sayin.
hanwong

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:59:39 PM

Sorry to say but child pr0n pushers will never cease to exist so there will always be demand for alternative, untraceable currency like bitcoin. As others have noted, "criminal" is subjective and arbitrary. Publishing Hustler in 1950 would get you killed in every state in the USA. Demand for hustler was the same then as it is now. Just sayin.

the demand for hustler must've gone up by at least one. I wasn't alive in 1950.
xavier

Activity: 261

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 09:32:45 PM

Bitcoin has advantages

Unfortunately its rise will not be so smooth as the current rally implies

Expect a crash down soon in the price

In my view current rally has gone too far

We are due for a correction.

By the way, in response to long term viability of the currency:

I believe it needs a precedent to be set that is why it has not yet gained mainstream traction. After that point it will be legal as it has advantages over any other medium of exchange.

However who knows how long that will take. Will it happen this year? No. Will the current price last? No. Long term fundamental value does not translate into short term pricing. Beware a market price correction.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.