Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:36:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: One question nobody is asking...  (Read 2604 times)
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 08:44:07 PM

The OP should take it up with Obama.
I don't see why it's the forum's problem that America's internet access is shite.
The rest of the world's internet access is expanding rapidly.

There is pretty good internet service in the USA.  The problem is that one has to pay for EVERYTHING we get here.  And pay 100's of times more than it's worth.  We even have to pay for things our tax dollars payed for already.  The banks steal our money and take our homes....and we pay them to do it in the form of bailouts!  People are just dumb and lazy in the USA....that's all!
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:25:12 AM

I think in most parts of the world internet is being provided to almost all the users. I have seen most of the big cities have a wifi tower near to every colony or sector, where you can get free internet with good speed.

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:55:33 AM

Who needs internet? If you have 4G your mobile wallet will work just fine. I use it all the time. Much of the world has better mobile service than the US anyway due to the higher population density.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
arlene05973

Activity: 616

A day without a buzz is like a day that never was

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 09:27:33 AM

I think this is a good question that every bitcoin trader's need to put into consideration!

well, just like Anddos mentioned earlier that google is doing something about that, well, i have read something similar about facebook CEO launching global internet connectivity. I can't figure out link to that article right now but, i'll update my comment whenever, i come across the link again.

Thanks
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 10:35:27 AM

bitcoin is the money of the future, and as we go forward the internet coverage is also growing. for example nowadays there is a good mobile internet (4g) coverage almost everywhere so you can easily use that no matter where you are as long as there is a cell tower around.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 01:47:44 PM

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think everyone everywhere needs to be able to use bitcoin in order for it to be considered as "taken off."  Do you think the internet has "taken off?"  Just like you said, not everyone has access to the internet/computers/smartphones, but the internet is still a HUGE GLOBAL system.  The internet has come a long way in a not very long time.  I would say it has "taken off" and I think bitcoin will too.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:47:57 PM

I think Google is working on this with the world wide blimp/weather balloon network they want to put in place.
it is ok to say that Bit coin needs safer internet connection to enable every one to use it any time they want but these days internet available every where in the world in offices at home even in smart phones so i don't think any one is without internet now so bit coin is just with all people since internet is not a big issue these days.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:28:22 PM

In order for BTC to take off it will require one basic component that does not exist yet... reliable and affordable mobile internet EVERYWHERE.

Yeah, I know, you're ready to pounce and tell me to wake up. Entertain me for a minute. Let me explain...

I live in the United States, about 40 miles from a city with a population of about 45,000. We have three choices for internet; dial up, satellite, or a mobile hotspot (if you can get a connection). Satellite is okay, but it is metered, so if you actually use it, it can be very expensive. Smartphones and hotspots are becoming more common, but they aren't very helpful unless we are close to the city. And dial up, actually, I am not sure you can even get that anymore.

Oh, I forgot to add that I am only fours hours drive from NYC.

I think people on here are putting the cart way before the horse. If you don't believe me, take a drive out to the country and try to use your smartphone. Of the several houses on my street, I am the only one that has access to the internet, mobile or otherwise. I live in the sticks. I explained Uber to about 20 coworkers a few weeks ago. Several of them said it would never work.  Grin (Just trying to paint a picture of what I see.)

So my question is,
How can this technology benefit the "unbanked" in developing countries within the next several years? Really, how close are we to smart contracts and self driving cars and a sustainable BTC price of >$1000?

I keep hearing how BTC is going to help the "unbanked" in developing countries... like that is going to happen in the next year or two. I keep hearing about Etherium, smart contracts, self driving cars. I saw a video on youtube of a prominent BTC person saying that we are almost there. He substantiated it by saying that self driving cars already exist and function. They may exist, but they wont function where I live. In fact, they wont function in most of the world. If I can't call my wife on the drive home from work, how the hell is my car going to drive itself?

For BTC to grow in the time frame many of you propose, developing countries would have to have cheaper and more reliable internet access than me, four hours outside of NYC?

Think about that. That is what I have a hard time wrapping my head around. 

I am not bashing BTC. I own a little and want to cash in someday just like everyone else. I see the potential. I am just trying to offer a perspective that I think most are overlooking.

And please, do not simplify what I am saying. Where I live, people just started using debit cards in place of their checkbooks, and are just now making their first internet purchases!

So even if the access to the internet improves, there is still a long time before the trust factor enters the equation.

Sorry, but three years from now, millions of people in the western world will still be writing checks, and millions in the the developing world will still be seeing the internet for the first time.

oh i never hear about this,is that really?United States as king of technology,they have some are that still have hard acces to internet?i can't believe this. thanks for sharing,i'm sure so many people dont know and consider about this,and i'm also think how about small city in poor country like africa and asians country,they have more problem than only internet connection,can bitcoin "conquer" the world if internet not yet like oxygen??

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
rienelber

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:42:31 PM

Well worldwide internet isn't 100% available yet but so what?  Look at everyone on smartphones and how that succeeded.  The world will catch up.

I agreee, but the question here is: how long would it take to chatch up?

Until the vast majority of human population have reliable access to internet conections there will be no way that bitcoin would become some sort of universal currency...
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 06:02:18 PM

I don't think bitcoin will ever be a universal currency in the sense that it's going to replace others.  I think it can work alongside fiat.  I think there is a place for both and maybe a need to both in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: