Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:09:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636325 times)
California842

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:47:34 PM

Here's an interesting "What if?" :

What if a bank or consortium of banks just decided one day to buy every single XRP token they could get their hands on?

Maybe they could end up with at least 50% of the supply between public trading and private purchases directly from Ripple. Maybe they could eventually own 90+% of all XRP ever to be in existence. Then, no matter what they paid for all those coins - Maybe 50 Billion? Maybe 100 Billion? - they would control the entire market and the price of whatever publicly traded XRP is left. Such a bank or bank consortium could only profit in such a scenario if they all also used XRP for all of their transfers and whatever new scams they dream up.

It really wouldn't matter what they paid for it. It's only money and they really do have all of it already anyway.

In this scenario a $100.00 or a $1000.00 USD XRP is entirely possible. The numbers do seem huge, I know. Probably too huge for most people to even imagine. But look at Amazon. Look at Facebook. Look at Google for JC's sake. The values of these companies is already INSANE and has forced everyone to totally reevaluate what "A lot of money" is in our post-web economy.

Banks MUST update the way they do business or they will get Bitcoined to death. They know it.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:20:06 PM

What if a bank or consortium of banks just decided one day to buy every single XRP token they could get their hands on?

Maybe they could end up with at least 50% of the supply between public trading and private purchases directly from Ripple. Maybe they could eventually own 90+% of all XRP ever to be in existence. Then, no matter what they paid for all those coins - Maybe 50 Billion? Maybe 100 Billion? - they would control the entire market and the price of whatever publicly traded XRP is left. Such a bank or bank consortium could only profit in such a scenario if they all also used XRP for all of their transfers and whatever new scams they dream up.

It really wouldn't matter what they paid for it. It's only money and they really do have all of it already anyway.

In this scenario a $100.00 or a $1000.00 USD XRP is entirely possible. The numbers do seem huge, I know. Probably too huge for most people to even imagine. But look at Amazon. Look at Facebook. Look at Google for JC's sake. The values of these companies is already INSANE and has forced everyone to totally reevaluate what "A lot of money" is in our post-web economy.

Banks MUST update the way they do business or they will get Bitcoined to death. They know it.

This thought makes so much sense. Now i understand why there is so much fud and trolling about ripple... those are banksters trying to convince everyone out of xrp so they can take full controll of the supply and put ANY price tag on it they want!

Mind blown
Hodor7777

Activity: 615
Merit: 112

It’s easy to confuse what is with what ought to be

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 09:15:10 PM

I think you have blind faith in xrp, you should accept the fact the price of xrp will not increase again. Many people are abandoning and selling it as quickly as possible, many traders expect the price of xrp will return to 2500-3000sts / xrp in the next few months. You should think carefully and make the right decision before it's too late

If that's true, why are you here trolling?  the reason is because you know very well that fear, uncertainty and doubt won't happen on its own!    Wink

The only crypto-currency that's truly relying on blind faith is Bitcoin.  Don't get me wrong - I was always fascinated by Bitcoin back in 2013 when I first started trading, but let me put it this way:  Henry Ford didn't stop with the "Model T", and say "There's no way we can improve on the Model T!"  

That's absurd.  I respect objective facts and science, and XRP is so much better than Bitcoin that it really shouldn't even be compared.  Instead, XRP should compare itself to serious payment networks like VISA and Paypal.

XRP:  1,000 transactions per second

Ethereum: 15 transactions per second
Bitcoin: 6 transactions per second

XRP: Payments settle in 4 seconds
Ethereum: Payments settle in 2+ minutes
Bitcoin: Payments settle in 1+ hours (if you've paid a high transaction fee)

Pzest1

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:03:44 AM

This thought makes so much sense. Now i understand why there is so much fud and trolling about ripple... those are banksters trying to convince everyone out of xrp so they can take full controll of the supply and put ANY price tag on it they want!

Mind blown

LOL you guys are on some next level $hit. Yup banks spend their time FUDing XRP. Banks could have bought into XRP when it was under 1c but it will happen anytime now ripplers don't worry lol

Banks aren't buying it guys! XRP is only needed for fees! that's it, nothing else! All you are relying on is that they will buy a heap and use it for the whole transaction, not just the fee. This is the reason they wont which is pretty clear from a risk point of view from them:

- They don't care one bit that they will get a lower fee if they completely use XRP end to end. YOU PAY THE FEE no matter what so they couldn't care less. You know that fee you currently pay for a international transaction, they aren't covering that for you and hoping they can reduce it.
- The coin (and the crypto world) is too volatile. Why would they want to hold a stash of something or trade with something that can be worth less in minutes, hours, days? FIAT is pretty stable so they will stick with it.

Unfortunately Bitcoin will be number 1, look how it survives resilience and increases in price, XRP doesn't, gets pumped and dumped. Other coins, with real world usage (apparently like you say XRP is)  recover nicely. XRP gains 1c and falls when BTC is reaching new ATH's. It has declined for MONTHS.

Stop calling realists that are stating facts about what can be shown as happening as FUDers, having pipe dreams doesn't make it true and cant be proven unlike what the 'FUDers' are saying. Its your choice to keep your investment on a coin that is going nowhere or down rather than put it on coins that are moving, we know who the smart ones are, but don't worry you might move another cent or 2 over the next few years lol
yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:05:41 AM

3 months now straight down. Not even a pump to sell on.
California842

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:13:56 AM

Mind blown

LOL you guys are on some next level $hit. Yup banks spend their time FUDing XRP. Banks could have bought into XRP when it was under 1c but it will happen anytime now ripplers don't worry lol

Banks aren't buying it guys! XRP is only needed for fees! that's it, nothing else! All you are relying on is that they will buy a heap and use it for the whole transaction, not just the fee. This is the reason they wont which is pretty clear from a risk point of view from them:

- They don't care one bit that they will get a lower fee if they completely use XRP end to end. YOU PAY THE FEE no matter what so they couldn't care less. You know that fee you currently pay for a international transaction, they aren't covering that for you and hoping they can reduce it.
- The coin (and the crypto world) is too volatile. Why would they want to hold a stash of something or trade with something that can be worth less in minutes, hours, days? FIAT is pretty stable so they will stick with it.

Unfortunately Bitcoin will be number 1, look how it survives resilience and increases in price, XRP doesn't, gets pumped and dumped. Other coins, with real world usage (apparently like you say XRP is)  recover nicely. XRP gains 1c and falls when BTC is reaching new ATH's. It has declined for MONTHS.

Stop calling realists that are stating facts about what can be shown as happening as FUDers, having pipe dreams doesn't make it true and cant be proven unlike what the 'FUDers' are saying. Its your choice to keep your investment on a coin that is going nowhere or down rather than put it on coins that are moving, we know who the smart ones are, but don't worry you might move another cent or 2 over the next few years lol

Pest1 : You make some points, certainly.  I do think there may be some crosstalk between what are bank-to-bank and institution-to-institution transfers and transfers to individuals.

In any event, there is no doubt at all that XRP could become .00001 USD or even maybe somehow "0." Absolutely. If there wasn't this huge risk (As there was - and still really is - with BTC,) then the huge opportunity for growth would also be less.

There is also no doubt that it could and very well may rise significantly. The current price of admittance to the XRP Show is now somewhere in the "Wish I was not a big F'n moron, then when Bitcoin was 18 cents," phase. The fact-based and logic-based reality back in those hallowed days was that Bitcoin would most likely fail and be nothing but a game. Bitcoin has succeeded not because it's such a great tech (which it is), or because it makes Sound Business Sense from and within a Harvard MBA-perspective.

Bitcoin has primarily succeeded because the former and still dominant fantasy about "government-tyrant-space monkey issue fiat," is being replaced by the "blockchain-software-generated-numbers-on-a-screen" fantasy about money and its value. Money is a fantasy we all agree on.

If XRP can generate this level of "Trust" and "Belief," it will succeed. If not, it won't. I really don't think that at this stage of the Revolution that a dogmatic, purely reason and historical approach to the matter can be entirely accurate. The standard MBA/Economist perspective just no longer applies as forcefully as it once did. It still has utility but it can no longer be the Whole Sacred Truth it once was.

Bottom line: XRP can fail and fail big. For myself, I am very happy to "Believe" in this Ripple Tech and wager a few hundred beans that my few hundred beans may be worth a few thousand beans down the line. If they don't, I had fun and have only risked a few hundred beans. I also will have been part of the Early-Believer phase in this new belief-system, which as we all know means SPECIAL PRIVILEGES!! Yes, like Lambos but many other things, too.

I fully respect that people have different ways of interpreting data. Where some see impossibility and childish dreams, others see revolution in both technology and the very ideas about what is True in our societal cosmology. If we all get together and Believe in XRP the way we did and do in Bitcoin, then via XRP we can revisit the 17 cent days of Bitcoin AND DO THE RIGHT F'N THING THIS TIME AROUND.

Kind of like missing the Yahoo Train but catching the Google Train - early.

Thank you.

MemberBerries

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:21:38 AM

^ smart guy with good points!
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:21:02 PM

There is some serious delusional people in this part of town, get some facts:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2019899

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
MemberBerries

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:29:58 PM

Everything posted by this user is pure FAKENEWS. He links to a censored thread where he deletes posts and answers lol. Btw the last time i clicked one of this useres posts my computer alerted me that it was malicious. BE AWARE TO CLICK LINKS OF ðºÞæ
Also in this thread you see his hard and dedicated work in windows excel and power point LMAO.
Nice that you  came here to post your fakenews OP.
He just wants more traffic in his fakenews. LOL

Maybe hindsight will win one day in the life of ðºÞæ, perhaps if he don't get deported to gulag!
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:53:52 PM

Everything posted by this user is pure FAKENEWS. He links to a censored thread where he deletes posts and answers lol. Btw the last time i clicked one of this useres posts my computer alerted me that it was malicious. BE AWARE TO CLICK LINKS OF ðºÞæ
Also in this thread you see his hard and dedicated work in windows excel and power point LMAO.
Nice that you  came here to post your fakenews OP.
He just wants more traffic in his fakenews. LOL

Maybe hindsight will win one day in the life of ðºÞæ, perhaps if he don't get deported to gulag!

Ha ha ha    PUMP IN PROGRESS!!!!
zaemiel

Activity: 57
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:09:12 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 03:55:16 PM by zaemiel

It's not facts at all.
It's your sugestions and interpretation of some pictures, charts from unknown sources...

Facts are something that can be witnessed and confirmed by third party (like in blockchain  Wink ).

If you're censor the thread, so there are also no facts, because of there is no point of view or posts other than yours.
Lontonbit

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:22:25 PM

Every time a pump starts it gets sold off quickly f c k

It’s gold for nerds
MemberBerries

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:34:54 PM

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/xrp/post/p_112360

"I think it's too early for whales. :-) I think the Ripple announcement of blocking 55 billion XRP in escow at the end of the year is expected. Probably the whales want to be sure they will not sell big quantities. Of course, it is not excluded to enter earlier than December on purchase. They will probably buy when news about the use of XRP by banks comes up, or it may be announced that the Ripple suite's test phase has ended and a number of XX banks will use the Ripple suite."

It really dawned on me that perhaps thee end of 2017 is really going to be a magical moment for Ripple. here's why.

I really didn't put two and two together until now with your post @mihaisyblu.

I'm seeing a perfect storm of events now.

1. The scheduled lock up of 55 billion XRP's by Ripple.
2. This scheduled commercial use by SBI of Ripple IOU and possible if not guaranteed use of Ripple XRP for an extra 30% boost in savings for SBI. www.RippleAsia.com
3. The SEC "witch hunt" for all ICO's started using Ethereum code and funded by Ethereum coins that were SIMILAR to THE DAO.
4. The proposed regulation of Cryptocurrency by all countries.
5. The formation of Hedge Funds designed to profit from Cryptocurrency boom.
6. The fact that North Korea now has intercontinental missiles and the fact that South Korea is the biggest investor in XRP by sheer Volume. (Fear makes people panic. Panic makes people invest in safe haven options like maybe XRP. Impending doom from North Korean missiles can perhaps kill the value of Korean Won's. Maybe.....)
7. Negative interest rates. Korea and Japan Banks charging customers fees just to store their funds in their banks. Gov's allowing this to force people to go make riskier investments in stocks and maybe Cryptos to reignite the economy.

Ripple is the best entry point for all the "small fish" to invest in crypto. I mean who the hell has $3000+ cash sitting around in disposable income they can throw into Crypto for just ONE COIN? when you can take that same $3000 and put it into XRP?

It's a No Brainer really.

but let met get back to #1 and #2 these two I'm most excited about. These two specific things are from the looks of things happening AT THE SAME TIME.

PLUS you've got RIPPLE having announced their 3 new features for Ripple as part of their suite?

lol It really is an ORGY of EVIDENCE that point to ONLY ONE THING.

Ripple's XRP is a WINNER. and I'm predicting (with no full on research or technicals) that XRP will hit at the very least $1 before the end of 2017.

Ask yourself one thing. The so called WHALES we keep hoping will drop big wads of cash on XRP? You all say they need to see some good news first.

IMAGINE! ( For a Second!)

What if some whale in Switzerland or Hong Kong or Cayman Islands read these headlines TOGETHER.

"SBI successfully completes commercial use of XRP. Transmitting several billion dollars in transactions at a rate of 70,000 transactions per SECOND. With a total COST SAVINGS of 60% per transaction using XRP in combination with Ripple's IOU system (similar and faster than antiquated Swift). Each transaction was completed securely. All transactions were SETTLED in REAL TIME within SECONDS."

"SBI announces purchase of 20 billion XRP's at market rate of .18 cents per XRP" or "SBI announces purchase of 1 billion XRP from Ripple for undisclosed price with agreement to not flood market with XRP and to only use XRP internally." (This one I'm not sure)

"Ripple successfully completes putting 55 billion XRP in escrow for next 20 years."

Just these three above? AS IS.

Do you really think all the whales who made millions on Bitcoin won't rush over and convert bitcoin to XRP then while XRP is still under a dollar at .18 cents? mind you

Bitcoin is at $3335 now too?

Imagine I'm a whale with 1000 bitcoins? and I heard the news above? I have $3,335,000 right now.

You think after reading the news above? My greedy ASS won't think in my head?

"Hmmmm I think I can turn $3,335,000 x5 into $16,675,000"

The mindset is to pump XRP and if they really want dump once it goes to $1.

Even if they dumped at $1. by then the banks will panic and experience FOMO and it will be a RUSH for all the banks to Gobble up all the XRP available while they can before the whales do. why? because they see how SBI saved 60% in transaction fees.

Even in a scenario that the banks don't buy XRP in the exchanges. and get it direct from Ripple from the locked up 55 billion XRP's. There are 11,000 banks or maybe more around the word. Most can afford to secure 1 billion ripples at .18 cents (Right now)

Now say these banks are finally using XRP?
After each and every transaction these banks will want to settle the transaction in it's entirety which means they go to market in the exchange and try to unload their XRP's

Well these are BANKS. Money hungry bastards.

Imagine all these banks at the exchanges trying to unload their daily XRP's they got from Remittance to SETTLE their transactions?

Do you seriously think at THAT point banks will sell their XRP for cheap? like all these Panickers right now who sold all their XRP for cheap?

Bitcoin I can see this happening even ethereum because it is ALL SPECULATION.

But with a product with an actually USE CASE and the USE CASE has been PROVEN and is being USED?

That is no longer SPECULATION. That's REALIZATION!

Banks are going to want to get TOP DOLLAR for their XRP and never sell for cheap. Plus REMEMBER all banks have is TIME.

Banks BELIEVE that TIME IS MONEY. Over TIME holding XRP they will create DEMAND. until they can get the best price possible.

So this whole 55 billion XRP's being put in escrow? What if all the 38 billion XRP's right now available were all bought up by banks? Trust me. 38 billion XRP's? for an industry that is doing $200 Trillion in Transactions a year?

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH XRP in EXISTENCE to COVER $200 Trillion dollars EVEN IF XRP WENT TO $1.

NOT TO MENTION that for every XRP transaction there is a "destruction" of .0000001 XRP (not sure about this one) now that might not be ALOT but when you add the fact that we're talking about a $200 Trillion dollars in yearly transactions?

Let's say each transaction was $100?

$200,000,000,000,000/$100?

We're talking about 2,000,000,000,000 transactions a year.

at 2,000,000,000,000 transactions a year and each transaction destroying .0000001 XRP's per? You are talking a DESTRUCTION rate of 20,000,000 XRP's yearly.

Then you have to factor in the FACT that each Ripple Wallet Account you automatically forfeit 20 XRP's to keep the Wallet LIVE.

That 20 XRP no matter what has to sit in your wallet for so long as you have it.

So that 20 automatically is REMOVED from the equation.

so let's DO THAT MATH.

$200,000,000,000,000?

If realistically XRP was $1? and there's 100 billion available XRP? So therefore there's 100 billion dollars worth of XRP possible.

If this takes off. hypothetically if Banks each have accounts that's maybe however many banks there are in the world times 20 XRP (REMOVED from market)

If you factor in the fact that technically regular people can HAVE their own RIPPLE Wallets if they choose to. Let's throw in a number like 1 billion Ripple wallets?

Realistic? I think so! why? I mean cmon. why deal with banks when you can send money via Ripple wallet from home?
There are some people with an aversion to banks. So if you are ANTI-BANKS you can STILL be ANTI-BANK and just use RIPPLE to send money worldwide.

So yea imagine 1 billion Ripple Wallets? now multiply that with 20 XRP's that MUST NEVER BE TRADED if you want to keep your Wallet active?

that's 20 billion XRP's right there that will NEVER BE AVAILABLE on the market EVER.

and that's just a 1 billion XRP wallet scenario! we DID NOT even factor in thee other 6 billion inhabitants of Earth.

If we did 2 billion XRP wallets. That 40 billion XRP's out of commission. leaving 60 behind.

hmmm just dawned on me. This might be a really Good REASON for banks to Gobble up XRP's right away.

TO DENY the Average person the ABILITY to have Ripple Wallets. or at the very least sell people XRP who want to use XRP to "Do their own" Remittance at a high amount.

I really do believe that BANKS will gobble up all available XRP at whatever the current price is so that THEY the banks won't lose customers who go the "Do it Yourself" approach to sending remittances via their Ripple Wallet.

It's all going to be about getting as much money for each XRP. turning their 60% savings? into maybe more by selling XRP for more?

I'm sure there will be people who will try to cash out of Xrp by trying to sell XRP cheaper than the banks. But that would not be a typical think.

I think once we get to this point. No one will sell their XRP for cheap.

For perspective, if a bank spends $1 billion dollars in transaction fees for remittances (realistic given the $200 trillion dollar Remittance market) 60% of that is a $600,000,000 savings. That is THE BOTTOMLINE for these banks.

so if you are reading this. 18 cents into $1.00 is 5 times your money with spare change.

Want to turn $5000 into $25,000? go ahead!
Want to turn $50,000 into $250,000? go ahead!
Want to turn $100,000 into $500,000? Go ahead!

lol here's the thing.

If you have good credit. and you want to borrow $417,000 for a house in the USA? they will give it to you with a downpayment of $50,000.

Just pay the mortgage monthly on time and you should be good.

Want to turn $500,000 into $2.500,000?

Another thought too. Once the ball gets rolling in all this. And once Banks start trying to cash out their XRP's from each remittance for immediate SETTLEMENT via Exchanges.

Who will be the Buyers of these XRP's of the banks? As the Destruction of XRP's continues. wait a minute!

If .0000001 XRP is destroyed per transaction? what constitutes A TRANSACTION? Bank to bank that's a transaction yes. But at the Exchanges?

Bank with XRP @ Exchange sells XRP via EXchange to for cash. That's a transaction.
then whoever bought the XRP will sell it to whoever needs it. That's another transaction. perhaps a bank?

So the life cycle or path of an XRP being used equates to 3 transactions really.

1.Bank to Bank.
2. Bank to Buyers at Exchanges
3. Buyers reselling XRP's

and what about Banks sending their XRP's to Exchanges? is that a "transaction"?

Imagine how many XRP's will be destroy per year then? I said 20 million earlier? Now we are talking 60 million XRP's.

And that is just the $200 Trillion dollar Bank remittance industry.

What about if Ripple Wallet user activity? what if Ripple goes Retail? like paying for food at the grocery store?

I believe that once the masses. get wind of a crypto used by BANKS with Paper Money being DEVALUED by Governments worldwide?
and there's an option to convert your CASH to a crypto that is being used by banks and has a higher ROI in value due to high confidence in it and complete acceptance by banks?

imagine turning your .18 cents CASH into $1? or more?

Who wouldn't JUMP ON THAT?

At some point. Digital money usage will become second nature like using paper money.

in FACT when you really think about it. XRP has MORE VALUE than PAPER MONEY as a TOOL for transferring VALUE.

case in point. if I wanted to send my family in Japan $1000. do I throw them $1000 cash? lol maybe shoved $1000 cash in an envelop and send it via mail?

Yes we need cash. But XRP has a GREATER USE BEYOND value. it's a TOOL too that NEEDS to be used to do transactions.

Paper money can only do so much so it's only VALUE is VALUE.

But digital money? has a Double USE. as VALUE and as a Tool for sending money.
vanhalendlrband

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:24:38 PM

Mind blown

Unfortunately Bitcoin will be number 1, look how it survives resilience and increases in price, XRP doesn't, gets pumped and dumped. Other coins, with real world usage (apparently like you say XRP is)  recover nicely. XRP gains 1c and falls when BTC is reaching new ATH's. It has declined for MONTHS.

Pest1 : You make some points, certainly.  I do think there may be some crosstalk between what are bank-to-bank and institution-to-institution transfers and transfers to individuals.

In any event, there is no doubt at all that XRP could become .00001 USD or even maybe somehow "0." Absolutely. If there wasn't this huge risk (As there was - and still really is - with BTC,) then the huge opportunity for growth would also be less.

There is also no doubt that it could and very well may rise significantly. The current price of admittance to the XRP Show is now somewhere in the "Wish I was not a big F'n moron, then when Bitcoin was 18 cents," phase. The fact-based and logic-based reality back in those hallowed days was that Bitcoin would most likely fail and be nothing but a game. Bitcoin has succeeded not because it's such a great tech (which it is), or because it makes Sound Business Sense from and within a Harvard MBA-perspective.

Bitcoin has primarily succeeded because the former and still dominant fantasy about "government-tyrant-space monkey issue fiat," is being replaced by the "blockchain-software-generated-numbers-on-a-screen" fantasy about money and its value. Money is a fantasy we all agree on.

If XRP can generate this level of "Trust" and "Belief," it will succeed. If not, it won't. I really don't think that at this stage of the Revolution that a dogmatic, purely reason and historical approach to the matter can be entirely accurate. The standard MBA/Economist perspective just no longer applies as forcefully as it once did. It still has utility but it can no longer be the Whole Sacred Truth it once was.

Bottom line: XRP can fail and fail big. For myself, I am very happy to "Believe" in this Ripple Tech and wager a few hundred beans that my few hundred beans may be worth a few thousand beans down the line. If they don't, I had fun and have only risked a few hundred beans. I also will have been part of the Early-Believer phase in this new belief-system, which as we all know means SPECIAL PRIVILEGES!! Yes, like Lambos but many other things, too.

I fully respect that people have different ways of interpreting data. Where some see impossibility and childish dreams, others see revolution in both technology and the very ideas about what is True in our societal cosmology. If we all get together and Believe in XRP the way we did and do in Bitcoin, then via XRP we can revisit the 17 cent days of Bitcoin AND DO THE RIGHT F'N THING THIS TIME AROUND.

Kind of like missing the Yahoo Train but catching the Google Train - early.

Thank you.

Good writing.

However recent news I've read stating the IMF is telling banks to invest heavily into crypto leads me to believe that none of these coins are going anywhere but up like they have been since last ear.

Last fall ETH was around .006 and so were XMRs. XRP was 500 sats now its 10x that. And that's before IMF and banks get involved. I'm not a huge fan of banks but if their money is gonna go into this stuff like what I read then this stuff isn't going anywhere for a very long time if ever
invest2lose

Activity: 141

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:55:54 PM

I expect some big news soon...
kawacaki

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 06:16:14 PM

I expect some big news soon...
Wow thats some exciting stuff😂😂

invest2lose

Activity: 141

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:47:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8w-Oco9dFQ

also, i heard there's supposed to be an announcement sometime next week.

of course both these are rumors at this point. we'll see!
Hodor7777

Activity: 615
Merit: 112

It’s easy to confuse what is with what ought to be

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 09:49:37 PM

2. This scheduled commercial use by SBI of Ripple IOU and possible if not guaranteed use of Ripple XRP for an extra 30% boost in savings for SBI. www.RippleAsia.com
3. The SEC "witch hunt" for all ICO's started using Ethereum code and funded by Ethereum coins that were SIMILAR to THE DAO.
6. The fact that North Korea now has intercontinental missiles and the fact that South Korea is the biggest investor in XRP by sheer Volume. (Fear makes people panic. Panic makes people invest in safe haven options like maybe XRP. Impending doom from North Korean missiles can perhaps kill the value of Korean Won's. Maybe.....)
7. Negative interest rates. Korea and Japan Banks charging customers fees just to store their funds in their banks. Gov's allowing this to force people to go make riskier investments in stocks and maybe Cryptos to reignite the economy.

#7 seems to be a key right now.  It's amazing to me what only South Korea has done to the entire crypto market - Bitcoin, Eth, and XRP.  It's also an example of just how insane the amounts are going to get later this year and throughout 2018.  We all thought 2017 was great so far...

I have a feeling 2018 is going to make it look like child's play. 

I predict $1 XRP by year-end, and $10 by 2019. 

p2pGames

Activity: 159
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:56:44 AM

I don't have the massive faith in Ripple which many other people do. Interesting tech. Not so hot on banks and how centralized it is. I just bought some. Will hold long term and see what happens.
fair enough m8...but have you tried sending XRP funds?...wow, nothing, no payment option on the planet comes near it in terms of speed and cost.

You can send $hundreds of thousands , if you want , in seconds for almost..FREE! , and this is now , not some fake promised roadmap in 2yrs lol.

Lol arU still here, and of course grab xpr when it still cheap)?

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:36:39 AM

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/xrp/post/p_112360

"I think it's too early for whales. :-) I think the Ripple announcement of blocking 55 billion XRP in escow at the end of the year is expected. Probably the whales want to be sure they will not sell big quantities. Of course, it is not excluded to enter earlier than December on purchase. They will probably buy when news about the use of XRP by banks comes up, or it may be announced that the Ripple suite's test phase has ended and a number of XX banks will use the Ripple suite."

It really dawned on me that perhaps thee end of 2017 is really going to be a magical moment for Ripple. here's why.

I really didn't put two and two together until now with your post @mihaisyblu.

Ripple is the best entry point for all the "small fish" to invest in crypto. I mean who the hell has $3000+ cash sitting around in disposable income they can throw into Crypto for just ONE COIN? when you can take that same $3000 and put it into XRP?

It's a No Brainer really.

but let met get back to #1 and #2 these two I'm most excited about. These two specific things are from the looks of things happening AT THE SAME TIME.

PLUS you've got RIPPLE having announced their 3 new features for Ripple as part of their suite?

lol It really is an ORGY of EVIDENCE that point to ONLY ONE THING.

Ripple's XRP is a WINNER. and I'm predicting (with no full on research or technicals) that XRP will hit at the very least $1 before the end of 2017.

Ask yourself one thing. The so called WHALES we keep hoping will drop big wads of cash on XRP? You all say they need to see some good news first.

IMAGINE! ( For a Second!)

What if some whale in Switzerland or Hong Kong or Cayman Islands read these headlines TOGETHER.

"SBI successfully completes commercial use of XRP. Transmitting several billion dollars in transactions at a rate of 70,000 transactions per SECOND. With a total COST SAVINGS of 60% per transaction using XRP in combination with Ripple's IOU system (similar and faster than antiquated Swift). Each transaction was completed securely. All transactions were SETTLED in REAL TIME within SECONDS."

"SBI announces purchase of 20 billion XRP's at market rate of .18 cents per XRP" or "SBI announces purchase of 1 billion XRP from Ripple for undisclosed price with agreement to not flood market with XRP and to only use XRP internally." (This one I'm not sure)

"Ripple successfully completes putting 55 billion XRP in escrow for next 20 years."

Just these three above? AS IS.

Do you really think all the whales who made millions on Bitcoin won't rush over and convert bitcoin to XRP then while XRP is still under a dollar at .18 cents? mind you

Bitcoin is at $3335 now too?

Imagine I'm a whale with 1000 bitcoins? and I heard the news above? I have $3,335,000 right now.

You think after reading the news above? My greedy ASS won't think in my head?

"Hmmmm I think I can turn $3,335,000 x5 into $16,675,000"

The mindset is to pump XRP and if they really want dump once it goes to $1.

Even if they dumped at $1. by then the banks will panic and experience FOMO and it will be a RUSH for all the banks to Gobble up all the XRP available while they can before the whales do. why? because they see how SBI saved 60% in transaction fees.

Even in a scenario that the banks don't buy XRP in the exchanges. and get it direct from Ripple from the locked up 55 billion XRP's. There are 11,000 banks or maybe more around the word. Most can afford to secure 1 billion ripples at .18 cents (Right now)

Now say these banks are finally using XRP?
After each and every transaction these banks will want to settle the transaction in it's entirety which means they go to market in the exchange and try to unload their XRP's

Well these are BANKS. Money hungry bastards.

Imagine all these banks at the exchanges trying to unload their daily XRP's they got from Remittance to SETTLE their transactions?

Do you seriously think at THAT point banks will sell their XRP for cheap? like all these Panickers right now who sold all their XRP for cheap?

Bitcoin I can see this happening even ethereum because it is ALL SPECULATION.

But with a product with an actually USE CASE and the USE CASE has been PROVEN and is being USED?

That is no longer SPECULATION. That's REALIZATION!

Banks are going to want to get TOP DOLLAR for their XRP and never sell for cheap. Plus REMEMBER all banks have is TIME.

Banks BELIEVE that TIME IS MONEY. Over TIME holding XRP they will create DEMAND. until they can get the best price possible.

So this whole 55 billion XRP's being put in escrow? What if all the 38 billion XRP's right now available were all bought up by banks? Trust me. 38 billion XRP's? for an industry that is doing $200 Trillion in Transactions a year?

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH XRP in EXISTENCE to COVER $200 Trillion dollars EVEN IF XRP WENT TO $1.

NOT TO MENTION that for every XRP transaction there is a "destruction" of .0000001 XRP (not sure about this one) now that might not be ALOT but when you add the fact that we're talking about a $200 Trillion dollars in yearly transactions?

Let's say each transaction was $100?

$200,000,000,000,000/$100?

We're talking about 2,000,000,000,000 transactions a year.

at 2,000,000,000,000 transactions a year and each transaction destroying .0000001 XRP's per? You are talking a DESTRUCTION rate of 20,000,000 XRP's yearly.

Then you have to factor in the FACT that each Ripple Wallet Account you automatically forfeit 20 XRP's to keep the Wallet LIVE.

That 20 XRP no matter what has to sit in your wallet for so long as you have it.

So that 20 automatically is REMOVED from the equation.

so let's DO THAT MATH.

$200,000,000,000,000?

If realistically XRP was $1? and there's 100 billion available XRP? So therefore there's 100 billion dollars worth of XRP possible.

If this takes off. hypothetically if Banks each have accounts that's maybe however many banks there are in the world times 20 XRP (REMOVED from market)

If you factor in the fact that technically regular people can HAVE their own RIPPLE Wallets if they choose to. Let's throw in a number like 1 billion Ripple wallets?

Realistic? I think so! why? I mean cmon. why deal with banks when you can send money via Ripple wallet from home?
There are some people with an aversion to banks. So if you are ANTI-BANKS you can STILL be ANTI-BANK and just use RIPPLE to send money worldwide.

So yea imagine 1 billion Ripple Wallets? now multiply that with 20 XRP's that MUST NEVER BE TRADED if you want to keep your Wallet active?

that's 20 billion XRP's right there that will NEVER BE AVAILABLE on the market EVER.

and that's just a 1 billion XRP wallet scenario! we DID NOT even factor in thee other 6 billion inhabitants of Earth.

If we did 2 billion XRP wallets. That 40 billion XRP's out of commission. leaving 60 behind.

hmmm just dawned on me. This might be a really Good REASON for banks to Gobble up XRP's right away.

TO DENY the Average person the ABILITY to have Ripple Wallets. or at the very least sell people XRP who want to use XRP to "Do their own" Remittance at a high amount.

I really do believe that BANKS will gobble up all available XRP at whatever the current price is so that THEY the banks won't lose customers who go the "Do it Yourself" approach to sending remittances via their Ripple Wallet.

It's all going to be about getting as much money for each XRP. turning their 60% savings? into maybe more by selling XRP for more?

I'm sure there will be people who will try to cash out of Xrp by trying to sell XRP cheaper than the banks. But that would not be a typical think.

I think once we get to this point. No one will sell their XRP for cheap.

For perspective, if a bank spends $1 billion dollars in transaction fees for remittances (realistic given the $200 trillion dollar Remittance market) 60% of that is a $600,000,000 savings. That is THE BOTTOMLINE for these banks.

so if you are reading this. 18 cents into $1.00 is 5 times your money with spare change.

Want to turn $5000 into $25,000? go ahead!
Want to turn $50,000 into $250,000? go ahead!
Want to turn $100,000 into $500,000? Go ahead!

lol here's the thing.

If you have good credit. and you want to borrow $417,000 for a house in the USA? they will give it to you with a downpayment of $50,000.

Just pay the mortgage monthly on time and you should be good.

Want to turn $500,000 into $2.500,000?

Another thought too. Once the ball gets rolling in all this. And once Banks start trying to cash out their XRP's from each remittance for immediate SETTLEMENT via Exchanges.

Who will be the Buyers of these XRP's of the banks? As the Destruction of XRP's continues. wait a minute!

If .0000001 XRP is destroyed per transaction? what constitutes A TRANSACTION? Bank to bank that's a transaction yes. But at the Exchanges?

Bank with XRP @ Exchange sells XRP via EXchange to for cash. That's a transaction.
then whoever bought the XRP will sell it to whoever needs it. That's another transaction. perhaps a bank?

So the life cycle or path of an XRP being used equates to 3 transactions really.

1.Bank to Bank.
2. Bank to Buyers at Exchanges
3. Buyers reselling XRP's

and what about Banks sending their XRP's to Exchanges? is that a "transaction"?

Imagine how many XRP's will be destroy per year then? I said 20 million earlier? Now we are talking 60 million XRP's.

And that is just the $200 Trillion dollar Bank remittance industry.

What about if Ripple Wallet user activity? what if Ripple goes Retail? like paying for food at the grocery store?

I believe that once the masses. get wind of a crypto used by BANKS with Paper Money being DEVALUED by Governments worldwide?
and there's an option to convert your CASH to a crypto that is being used by banks and has a higher ROI in value due to high confidence in it and complete acceptance by banks?

imagine turning your .18 cents CASH into $1? or more?

Who wouldn't JUMP ON THAT?

At some point. Digital money usage will become second nature like using paper money.

in FACT when you really think about it. XRP has MORE VALUE than PAPER MONEY as a TOOL for transferring VALUE.

case in point. if I wanted to send my family in Japan $1000. do I throw them $1000 cash? lol maybe shoved $1000 cash in an envelop and send it via mail?

Yes we need cash. But XRP has a GREATER USE BEYOND value. it's a TOOL too that NEEDS to be used to do transactions.

Paper money can only do so much so it's only VALUE is VALUE.

But digital money? has a Double USE. as VALUE and as a Tool for sending money.

Good points! Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: