Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:08:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636325 times)
Branko

Activity: 2450
Merit: 318

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:37:44 PM

Manager of Ripple cryptocurrency exchange arrested for scam

Source: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/10/18/national/crime-legal/manager-ripple-cryptocurrency-exchange-arrested-scam/#.WehWSztpFhH

A Japanese manager of an exchange for the Ripple cryptocurrency was arrested Wednesday for allegedly swindling ¥1.4 million ($12,470) from a depositor, police said.

It is the first arrest in Japan made in connection with a bourse of the Ripple virtual currency issued by a U.S. venture company, which is officially called XRP, according to investigators.

Yuki Takenaka, the 31-year-old founder and head of a company operating the Ripple exchange, is suspected of defrauding the male depositor in Miyagi Prefecture of the ¥1.4 million in March 2015. He allegedly collected the money even though his firm was in a state of collapse and unable to make refunds at that time.

Takenaka, a Kyoto resident, has admitted to most of the charges, according to the police.

The currency exchange was set up by Takenaka in Hamamatsu, Shizuoka Prefecture, in May 2014, but users were unable to withdraw cash or contact him around March the following year.

His company collected money from its users in exchange for IOUs, or written acknowledgements of debt, needed for Ripple online transactions. Users could exchange the notes with Ripple or convert them into cash.

According to investigative sources, Takenaka allegedly swindled more than ¥10 million out of a dozen users by advertising that his company charges no commission.

He is also suspected of issuing fictitious IOUs worth around ¥120 million and making profits. The police will search Takenaka’s home and other places in Hamamatsu.

As of Monday, Ripple’s market capitalization stood at more than ¥1 trillion following bitcoin at over ¥10 trillion and Ethereum at over ¥3 trillion.

The Ripple currency is usually used for international payments and cannot be used for merchandise purchases. It has been traded online mainly for speculation purposes.

Source: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/10/18/national/crime-legal/manager-ripple-cryptocurrency-exchange-arrested-scam/#.WehWSztpFhH

You guys are boring with repeating that scam news...so what, should dollar value drop or we should abandon dollars because someone scammed someone somewhere?
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:30:41 PM

Has anyone noticed that ripple has been rising a lot in the last few days? it is a little bit freezed between $0,22 and $0,25, but it is going up doesnt matter what. Maybe i expected it to go up some few cents more , i thought it would be standing at $0,30 at the moment, but it is not happening, it will require more time it to happen i guess, i dont know, i am re-stocking my portfolio of some ripple.
Lets see how it goes in the next months, ripple is doing it good.
ebttch

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:19:12 PM

No Swell: Ripple Price Sinks as Conference Passes Without Bullish News for XRP

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/no-swell-ripple-price-sinks-conference-passes-without-bullish-news-xrp/

The ripple price plunged as Ripple’s much-anticipated fintech conference came and went without the major announcement that XRP investors were hoping for.

Two months ago, the ripple price spiked after Ripple previewed a major announcement. It quickly became clear that the announcement was conference-related, but investors let their imaginations run wild as the firm slowly revealed details over the ensuing days, and speculators began driving up demand for XRP — the native currency of the Ripple Consensus Ledger (RCL).

Specifically, they believed that the conference would be hosted in Asia and would be accompanied by an announcement of a partnership with an Asian bank, corporate giant, or even government. When neither of these materialized, the ripple price plunged.

A similar phenomenon occurred this week.

From October 16-18, Ripple hosted “Swell: The Future Is Here” in Toronto. Once again, investors anticipated that bullish news for XRP would break at the conference, and the ripple price rose as high as $0.291 on Monday.

Investors watched the conference live stream with bated breath, but, once again, they saw no significant XRP-related news. And while the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation did announce that Ripple was one of several fintech companies that had collaborated to develop Mojaloop, an open-source application intended to help the world’s unbanked population access basic financial services, the announcement did not have any direct bearing on XRP.

Consequently, the ripple price quickly reversed course and ultimately sank as low as $0.208 on Thursday. This reduced its market cap to just $8.1 billion — a nearly $3 billion decrease since it briefly cracked the $11 billion threshold earlier in the week.

XRP has seen a slight bump to $0.217 in the past few hours following the release of Ripple’s quarterly XRP markets report — which teases the announcement of new partnerships and an “innovative approach” to use XRP to increase Ripple adoption — but the currency is still down about 15% for the week.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:18:38 AM

ripple journey is a marathon not a sprint.
It definitely is that. Ripple could focus on something else that would make the price go up faster than the rate that it's currently going though they are focusing on Blockchain coding.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
JPMoron

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:20:37 AM

I am really waiting for this one to be pumped Smiley

I am ready,... I have a lots energy and XRP now,.... HODL and wait for next pump
NickCrypto

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:49:57 AM

I present you guys this chart, that may help you make better decision

JamesIV

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:58:47 AM

I am really waiting for this one to be pumped Smiley

I am ready,... I have a lots energy and XRP now,.... HODL and wait for next pump

yes, Ripple has a clear purpose is that focusing on International Payment and their developer are working well. I am HODLING Ripple and wait for some good news. lol

revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:37:18 AM

Gates Foundation Launches Blockchain-based Mobile Payments Solution

https://cointelegraph.com/news/gates-foundation-launches-blockchain-based-mobile-payments-solution

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has launched the Mojaloop open-source payments software to provide an interoperability layer between financial institutions, payment providers, and other companies offering payment services to the poor and unbanked people around the world.

The mobile payments system employs the Interledger technology that was developed by distributed ledger technology (DLT) startup Ripple.

According to the foundation’s deputy director of financial services for the poor, Kosta Peric, the new software is aimed at resolving the issues with respect to the interoperability of digital payments. He also issued an invitation to players in the banking and payments industries to test the system.

"Interoperability of digital payments has been the toughest hurdle for the financial services industry to overcome. With Mojaloop, our technology partners have finally achieved a solution that can apply to any service, and we invite banks and the payments industry to explore and test this tool.”..............

NickCrypto

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:42:47 AM

Among many (fake) cryptos, Ripple seems to have the most applications that benefit our life

revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:19:47 PM

Microsoft’s Marley Gray: Ripple and ILP Will Be the Fabric of Multi-Chain Future

https://ripple.com/insights/microsofts-marley-gray-ripple-and-ilp-will-be-the-fabric-of-multi-chain-future/

There won’t be one blockchain to rule them all, says Marley Gray, who leads Microsoft Azure’s Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) initiative.

Instead, Marley envisions a future with countless blockchains, constantly evolving and iterating, and all interconnected through a standardized protocol.

Marley is the director of technology strategy for financial services in the US at Microsoft. He also runs the company’s innovation labs in New York City. Microsoft made a splash recently when they announced their first BaaS offering in Ethereum on their Azure cloud platform. Then last week, Microsoft unveiled a partnership with Ripple.

The following interview has been edited for clarity and length...............

McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:29:45 PM

Thanks for the information @ revelacaogr and for sharing the charts @ NickCrypto!

The dump at the moment hurts a bit, even for me as a long time holder of XRP. But correlated with the actual price of BTC, the decrease isn't that significant. XRP is standing at 0.21$ now, 30% higher than during the dip in the middle of august. On the first look, swell might be disappointing. On the second look is networking exactly that thing, which Ripple needs to become introduced into a wider market and into a general public.

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
IAMXX

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:07:45 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2017, 01:24:03 AM by IAMXX

Thanks for the information @ revelacaogr and for sharing the charts @ NickCrypto!

The dump at the moment hurts a bit, even for me as a long time holder of XRP. But correlated with the actual price of BTC, the decrease isn't that significant. XRP is standing at 0.21$ now, 30% higher than during the dip in the middle of august. On the first look, swell might be disappointing. On the second look is networking exactly that thing, which Ripple needs to become introduced into a wider market and into a general public.

Those charts are irrelevant, the only chart that matters is XRP/BTC not the XRP/USD
XRP/USD is driven by current position of the BTC, fantastic performance of BTC means something completely opposite to XRP's performance.
We are reaching Half year lows XRP/BTC with massive 45% drop during the most important conference which questioning essential foundations of XRP.

This speaks for itself.
wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

TonUp.io | 🔥Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:09:00 PM

Those charts are irrelevant, the only chart that matters is XRP/BTC not the XRP/USD
XRP/USD is driven by current position of the BTC, fantastic performance for BTC means something completely opposite to XRP.
We are reaching Half year lows XRP/BTC with massive 45% drop during the most important conference which questioning essential foundations of XRP.

This speaks for itself.
somehow after the conference took place ripple prices corrected far enough which should have been pumped by the whales but they seem to understand that the ripple has a considerable amount and owned by some people only with events like this ripple will not gain confidence for the cryptocurrenci gushers

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:56:30 AM

XRP/USD is driven by current position of the BTC, fantastic performance of BTC means something completely opposite to XRP's performance.

This speaks for itself.

Wrong.
All these comparisons from BTC with altcoins are overdue. Only showing who is stuck in the past without comprehending what the future will be about. As long as I have to pay my bills in fiat, the most relevant chart for me is altcoin/USD. Furthermore it is the only chart, which shows the real marketcap of a project. The only common thing of BTC and XRP is: They are both cryptocurrencies. Thats all. Otherwise they have different usecases, are serving different markets, are following different goals. Speaks for itself, if you try to compare them.

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:15:50 PM

This speaks for itself.

Wrong.
All these comparisons from BTC with altcoins are overdue. Only showing who is stuck in the past without comprehending what the future will be about. As long as I have to pay my bills in fiat, the most relevant chart for me is altcoin/USD. Furthermore it is the only chart, which shows the real marketcap of a project. The only common thing of BTC and XRP is: They are both cryptocurrencies. Thats all. Otherwise they have different usecases, are serving different markets, are following different goals. Speaks for itself, if you try to compare them.

When XRP will build enough liquidity (Thanks to acceleration program and xRapid), it will get more independence from BTC.
Hodor7777

Activity: 615
Merit: 112

It’s easy to confuse what is with what ought to be

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 02:05:59 PM

Blog Location:  https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/2017/10/20/xrp-investor-update-post-swell-edition/

Now that the SWELL conference is complete, it's good to look back and analyze it objectively from a couple different standpoints to truly understand its impact.

This blog entry covers my take on the SWELL conference, the latest Ripple and XRP news, and breaks it down for an ordinary XRP investor.

- Hodor

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/Hodor7777/status/921379581029945346

Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:43:05 PM

Ok jokes to the side and self declared "prophets" of 'i told you they dont need xrp' please shut one second.

After the panel with vitalik and hyperledger and thomas and chain...some thing was suddenly that clear to me like water in a advanced 1 st world country...

..HYPERLEDGER ETHERIUM CHAIN AND RIPPLE ARE NOT COMPETITORS!  
Watch the panel and LISTEN : vitalik says "the fastest solution" , hyperledger HAS NO native tokens , and chain is already on board with their different corporate ledgers.

For someone with a little bit of brain https://www.hyperledger.org/blog/2017/10/16/hyperledger-gets-cozy-with-quilt

Then look at the current hyperledger partners Smiley and you will see the usecase outside of banks and demand for XRP is here!!!

Totally agree with you friend. It's like shoving pisyun with a finger. In any case, the ripple itself will still show, I think next year to spring.

Hodor7777

Activity: 615
Merit: 112

It’s easy to confuse what is with what ought to be

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 06:06:31 PM

Blog Location: https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/2017/10/23/xrp-governance-vs-bitcoin-governance/

The forks for Bitcoin are once again causing market uncertainty and unstable prices; I break down the fork news and talk about the differences between how Bitcoin, Ethereum, and XRP code is governed.

Can you guess which of those three has the type of enterprise-level code governance that banks and FIs will want?

Hope you enjoy the read.

Hodor

On Twitter: https://twitter.com/Hodor7777/status/922523022594015237

JonHolmquist

Activity: 169

Jon Holmquist

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 08:34:48 PM

Blog Location: https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/2017/10/23/xrp-governance-vs-bitcoin-governance/

The forks for Bitcoin are once again causing market uncertainty and unstable prices; I break down the fork news and talk about the differences between how Bitcoin, Ethereum, and XRP code is governed.

Can you guess which of those three has the type of enterprise-level code governance that banks and FIs will want?

Hope you enjoy the read.

Hodor

On Twitter: https://twitter.com/Hodor7777/status/922523022594015237

Is it XRP that has enterprise-level code governance? Wink

Good work as always Hodor, when can I buy you an actual blog/domain?

dusty rhodes

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:31:15 AM

doubled my ripple late last night

Pages: « 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: