Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:28:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Accused of scam without ever scamming  (Read 1997 times)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 10:55:56 PM

Bitcoin was created to be a open source away from the prying eyes of the government and banks. So when you see people policing a bitcoin forum I personally have to wonder if the one aspect that brings me to bitcoin is still valid.
Are we going to turn this forum into a nanny state where we hold your hand as long as you play ball or we going to go back to the roots?
If we need to coddle people to this extent then its game over and bitcoin will dance down the path till its 1984!
We either let people figure out how life is or you shut it down and establish group thinking and group thinking seems to be winning at the moment.
The whole idea you need to kiss ass,shows that some people have got to big for their own good and need to be brought down a peg. Never submit to some one in life because it is the easier path,you will always pay in some form.

This^

You people are recreating the wheel here again with Bitcoin, simply transplanting the old broken system you are used to into a new format totally ignoring its intent to be a p2p platform free from interference of 3rd parties. Criminals are doing crimes.

STOP THE PRESSES!

Do any of you really think your 3 stooges act trying to police this forum will really stop scammers? Criminals don't care about rules, they just get around them, therefore more rules only inhibits EVERYONE ELSE. Along with personal freedom comes personal responsibility. I am much in favor of people being free, even if it means they make mistakes and get robbed until they learn how to modify their own behavior to prevent this. Creating another class of enforcement overlords is NOT the solution and will only make the damage caused by these criminals grow EXPONENTIALLY faster.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 11:26:09 PM

Bitcoin was created to be a open source away from the prying eyes of the government and banks. So when you see people policing a bitcoin forum I personally have to wonder if the one aspect that brings me to bitcoin is still valid.
Are we going to turn this forum into a nanny state where we hold your hand as long as you play ball or we going to go back to the roots?
If we need to coddle people to this extent then its game over and bitcoin will dance down the path till its 1984!
We either let people figure out how life is or you shut it down and establish group thinking and group thinking seems to be winning at the moment.
The whole idea you need to kiss ass,shows that some people have got to big for their own good and need to be brought down a peg. Never submit to some one in life because it is the easier path,you will always pay in some form.

This^

You people are recreating the wheel here again with Bitcoin, simply transplanting the old broken system you are used to into a new format totally ignoring its intent to be a p2p platform free from interference of 3rd parties. Criminals are doing crimes.

STOP THE PRESSES!

Do any of you really think your 3 stooges act trying to police this forum will really stop scammers? Criminals don't care about rules, they just get around them, therefore more rules only inhibits EVERYONE ELSE. Along with personal freedom comes personal responsibility. I am much in favor of people being free, even if it means they make mistakes and get robbed until they learn how to modify their own behavior to prevent this. Creating another class of enforcement overlords is NOT the solution and will only make the damage caused by these criminals grow EXPONENTIALLY faster.

so what solution do you suggest?

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 11:55:49 PM

This^

STOP THE PRESSES!

I think you have a reading comprehension problem.

On a side note, it is interesting this thread is suddenly in the "reputation" section where no one will ever read it. Just the staff burying dissent as usual. If they can't do it with their army of shills and brown nosers they do it by enforcing unwritten "rules".
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 12:42:13 AM

This^

STOP THE PRESSES!

On a side note, it is interesting this thread is suddenly in the "reputation" section where no one will ever read it. Just the staff burying dissent as usual. If they can't do it with their army of shills and brown nosers they do it by enforcing unwritten "rules".

i read what you wrote, td;lr: leave scammers alone so we have more people whining after they got scammed. sounds like a plan! Roll Eyes

BTW: i think you are still butthurt

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 12:49:17 AM

This^

STOP THE PRESSES!

i read what you wrote, td;lr: leave scammers alone so we have more people whining after they got scammed. sounds like a plan! Roll Eyes

Actually I said none of those things, and I personally have gone after actual proven scammers. The problem with the trust rangers around here is they have absolutely zero standards of evidence and demand users be the ones to prove themselves innocent rather than proving they are scammers. Guilty until proven innocent, now that has never been abused repeatedly throughout history now has it?

As far as your link, I am not sure that is exactly evidence against me as he continues to conduct himself in the same unprofessional and harassing manor before he "retired" multiple times after being pressured by Badbear to change his behavior.
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 01:07:16 AM

This^

STOP THE PRESSES!

Actually I said none of those things, and I personally have gone after actual proven scammers. The problem with the trust rangers around here is they have absolutely zero standards of evidence and demand users be the ones to prove themselves innocent rather than proving they are scammers. Guilty until proven innocent, now that has never been abused repeatedly throughout history now has it?

As far as your link, I am not sure that is exactly evidence against me as he continues to conduct himself in the same unprofessional and harassing manor before he "retired" multiple times after being pressured by Badbear to change his behavior.

okay now that we are on a different level lets talk. Looking at the DS now and compare it to the DS a few weeks ago, it was a success. Nobody is enforced to "trust" the ratings, join the actions or whatsoever. If we dont do anything, it wont get better. Thats the whole point. I am tired of people complaining about stuff but not doing anything.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 01:33:50 AM

If we dont do anything, it wont get better. Thats the whole point. I am tired of people complaining about stuff but not doing anything.

The problem with your logic is that you ASSUME what your doing is ultimately helpful. Tagging people actually engaged in fraud is good. Rampaging thru the forum like the "Hardly Boys"  following raging clues and playing preemptive police force is not. In the end even tagged real or potential scammers simply need to buy a new account and can start again in seconds. Actual honest users caught up in it often lose years of effort building a reputation which is extremely difficult in the ocean of fraud known as Bitcointalk. This results in you driving away actual reputable users so you can play cops and robbers. So in the end, no you aren't really doing shit but harassing honest users, because the scammers could give a fuck less if you point them out, it costs them very little in comparison to what is taken from honest users with a destroyed reputation because they can not prove their innocence sufficiently to the mob.

whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 02:39:29 AM

If we dont do anything, it wont get better. Thats the whole point. I am tired of people complaining about stuff but not doing anything.

The problem with your logic is that you ASSUME what your doing is ultimately helpful. Tagging people actually engaged in fraud is good. Rampaging thru the forum like the "Hardly Boys"  following raging clues and playing preemptive police force is not. In the end even tagged real or potential scammers simply need to buy a new account and can start again in seconds. Actual honest users caught up in it often lose years of effort building a reputation which is extremely difficult in the ocean of fraud known as Bitcointalk. This results in you driving away actual reputable users so you can play cops and robbers. So in the end, no you aren't really doing shit but harassing honest users, because the scammers could give a fuck less if you point them out, it costs them very little in comparison to what is taken from honest users with a destroyed reputation because they can not prove their innocence sufficiently to the mob.

well, looking at my feedbacks i dont see someone being tagged for something that can not be proven. all my reports contain evidence mosty admitted wrong doings by the OP. if you spot something that doesnt look correct, lets talk about it.

JavaLove

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 05:12:31 AM

Don't even worry about the trust system anymore.

Here's the best tactic for everyone: use your best judgment. Never trust a newbie and use escrow. Basically the best advice I can give to anyone who actually pays attention to the trust system.

See people like whywefight, Lutpin, Cryptodevil and who ever else read CAREFULLY every single post and will twist your words to make you seem like a scammer and then will try and justify a negative. I am sure that in the past month negatives that have been sent have increased by like 1000%.

All these guys are doing is trying to seem like a really cool person so that they can get attention for themselves. Sad because it reminds me of high school. Honestly most people mature but some don't. Anyway they are in reality desensitizing the trust system become the Karl Marx of negatives and basically making no one trust the trust system.

So I hope they're happy that they ruined a perfectly good system and will get more people scammed in the long run.

▄▄  ▄▄                 
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄             
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀         
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██   
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███               
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀           
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██   
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███           
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 09:41:00 AM

This^

What argument do you think you're making with that oft-used Straw-Man?

So, Bitcoin is a decentralised p2p network. Please explain how Bitcoin has anything to do with the dishonest practices demonstrated throughout a social forum community?

Let's just try, for shits and giggles, applying this absurd, "But, but, bitcoin safe from prying eyes so, you know, no consequences allowed!!!1!!1!!!1!1!" perspective.

"Hi I'm Mark Karpeles"
"Mark, I'm going to write an article about your dishonest behaviour so that everybody knows you are an untrustworthy scumbag"
"You can't do that"
"Why?
"Because Bitcoin is a decentralised p2p libertarian utopia. There should be no consequences for what I've done and if you tell people what I've done then that will result in me being held to account for my dishonesty so, you know, BITCOIN!!!!1!1!1!!!elebenty!!!!"!1"

^^^ That is the crux of your argument.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 03:19:16 PM

See people like whywefight, Lutpin, Cryptodevil and who ever else read CAREFULLY every single post and will twist your words to make you seem like a scammer and then will try and justify a negative. I am sure that in the past month negatives that have been sent have increased by like 1000%.

If you do something shady, i dont need to twist your words and i never did. Feel free to revies my feedbacks and bring up those who are wrong by your point of view. i am open to talk about it. No need to say this will never happen as people just cry about getting caught while fucking things up.

Looking at the sections, things getting better. I dont say what i do is the best way, at least it is one way. Feel free to join, argue with me or just step out of the way. Its your choice.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 05:15:31 PM

This^

So, Bitcoin is a decentralised p2p network. Please explain how Bitcoin has anything to do with the dishonest practices demonstrated throughout a social forum community?

Let's just try, for shits and giggles, applying this absurd, "But, but, bitcoin safe from prying eyes so, you know, no consequences allowed!!!1!!1!!!1!1!" perspective.

"Hi I'm Mark Karpeles"
"Mark, I'm going to write an article about your dishonest behaviour so that everybody knows you are an untrustworthy scumbag"
"You can't do that"
"Why?
"Because Bitcoin is a decentralised p2p libertarian utopia. There should be no consequences for what I've done and if you tell people what I've done then that will result in me being held to account for my dishonesty so, you know, BITCOIN!!!!1!1!1!!!elebenty!!!!"!1"

No, not really, that is the crux of your opinion of my argument. I have a hard time believing you even know what the definition of a straw man is. I explained in detail how the your actions affect this forum in your futile attempts at playing mall cop but I am sure you are unwilling or unable to read it. It is understandable though, after all going around the internet screaming "ACHTUNG YOUR PAPERS SCHNELL!" at people takes up a lot of your time and effort I am sure.
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 05:18:40 PM

This^

"Hi I'm Mark Karpeles"
"You can't do that"
"Why?

No, not really, that is the crux of your opinion of my argument. I have a hard time believing you even know what the definition of a straw man is. I explained in detail how the your actions affect this forum in your futile attempts at playing mall cop but I am sure you are unwilling or unable to read it. It is understandable though, after all going around the internet screaming "ACHTUNG YOUR PAPERS SCHNELL!" at people takes up a lot of your time and effort I am sure.

Its not about the www its about this forum

BTW: It would be  "IHRE PAPIERE, SOFORT!"

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 06:19:41 PM

Its not about the www its about this forum

BTW: It would be  "IHRE PAPIERE, SOFORT!"

I never said it was about the "www". ^ This folks is an ACTUAL strawman argument for reference. Making a claim I never made then attributing it to me and then arguing against it as if I said it. BTW, you know German very well. You must have done this before.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 11:18:16 AM

Wow, TEC, you really are as fucking dumb as the rest of them. You argue against something being what it is the definition of, then cite the usual slippery-slope bullshit fallacy and then when somebody points out the flaw in your bullshit straw-man you go and redefine the definition of the term.

As for
Quote from: LogicalFallacy
I explained in detail how the your actions affect this forum in your futile attempts at playing mall cop but I am sure you are unwilling or unable to read it.
Go look up appeal-to-futility fallacy.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
JavaLove

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:55:10 PM

Wow, TEC, you really are as fucking dumb as the rest of them. You argue against something being what it is the definition of, then cite the usual slippery-slope bullshit fallacy and then when somebody points out the flaw in your bullshit straw-man you go and redefine the definition of the term.

Is this the kind of person who should be on default trust?

Someone who can't even find a better word to use than fuck or bullshit?

People should be mature enough to get on the list. Hell, I'm not even mature enough to get on - I spew bullshit all the time. Seriously, he acts as if he's a newbie.

▄▄  ▄▄                 
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄             
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀         
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██   
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███               
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀           
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██   
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███           
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 07:02:13 PM

Is this the kind of person who should be on default trust?

Cryptodevil.  Because he's the hero Bitcoin deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 09:44:45 PM

What a gem.  Totally sigging this.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: