Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:01:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockstream vs. Altcoins?  (Read 694 times)
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:04:10 AM

Blockstream has over $60mil in funding to develop side chains. With Confidential Transactions coming to Bitcoin, do you think privacy-centered altcoins like XMR will suffer a decline in demand against new side chains?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:19:07 AM

Blockstream has over $60mil in funding to develop side chains. With Confidential Transactions coming to Bitcoin, do you think privacy-centered altcoins like XMR will suffer a decline in demand against new side chains?

Don't worry, Blockstream is incompetent.

Another cluster-fuck of overconfidance as is Ethereum.

Side-chains can't ever work, unless they are merge-mined on the chain they side-channel.

Blockstream is basically proposing Segregated Witness which is reall a Trojan horse to take control over Bitcoin forks by introducing versioning (which will make it easier for them to soft-fork Bitcoin at-will).

Bitcoin is in a cluster-fuck already with China's mining cartel controlling 65% of the hashrate.

BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:23:38 AM

Side-chains can't ever work, unless they are merge-mined on the chain they side-channel.

Blockstream is basically proposing Segregated Witness which is reall a Trojan horse to take control over Bitcoin forks by introducing versioning (which will make it easier for them to soft-fork Bitcoin at-will).

Bitcoin is in a cluster-fuck already with China's mining cartel controlling 65% of the hashrate.

Isn't Liquid a working side chain?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
sanadas

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:53:26 AM

Do you mean we need the Bitcoin Classic to take over the bitcoin so that it is in people's hands again?

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 05:37:19 PM

Do you mean we need the Bitcoin Classic to take over the bitcoin so that it is in people's hands again?

What I think is probably more words than I feel like writing down.

Mining is broken in all the coins in existence.

Someone needs to provide a coin that has mining that won't centralize as it scales.

Bitcoin will centralize. It doesn't matter how it happens, it will happen. Blockstream, Classic, China's mining cartel, all will jockey for position but the result will be centralization.

Dagwanoenyent

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:40:13 PM

Blockstream can someone post link i don't know what are you talking about.
sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:05:00 PM

There is a news that the Bitcoin Core team is going to release the SegWit, and hard fork to 2MB by July.

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 04:11:03 AM

Isn't Liquid a working side chain?

Yes.

x13

Activity: 336

Things are called shit for a reason, dear.

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 01:14:01 PM

If Blockstream holds what they promised then every altcoin could hooked up on the Bitcoin blockchain. It would not be the death of alts but it would bring the crypto coin world much more closer. I see it as a big chance.

keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 01:27:38 PM

Oh give it a rest.  Suddenly you are over here posting on the Altcoin threads out of concern for our well being?   You are a known Bitcoin Shill, and your post is just more example of it.  You are as transparent as a pane of glass.

You are over here posting because you are scared. Plain and Simple.  Once again Bitcoin has risen a tiny amount, only to fail and fall backward.  You are seeing Bitcoin money exiting and heading into Ethereum.   

Overnight we've got Bitcoin Shills over here that haven't posted in Altcoin land - suddenly in love with our little Altcoin section.

You are posting here because you are scared.  You are trying to do here what you did to Bitcoin.... try and control it, cripple it, destroy it ... with FUD.

I AM LOVING THIS!!!!!  You little pieces of bitcoin killing shit are now going to get what you deserve!  And I honestly hope you do NOT sell your bitcoins.  I want you to HODL them all the way to zero!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: